Autism Diet & Supplements --> Finding GFCF Food
Manufacturers and Online Sellers of Gluten-Free and Casein-Free Food
- Gluten-free, milk-free foods at Amazon
- Vitacost.com: Has Bob's Red Mill, Schar, Glutino, Gluten-free Pantry, Cherrybrook Kitchen, So Delicious and other GF and/or CF brands. Free shipping on orders over $49.
- Katz Gluten Free baked goods and pies. Use the "find by allergy" feature to shop for GFCF.
Makers of individual brands:
- Glutino (bread, baked goods, cereals, mixes). Visit their website to find a retail store.
- Kinnikinnick Foods (breads, baked goods, mixes) 877-503-4466
- Bob's Red Mill (flours and baking mixes) 800-349-2173
- Gilbert's Gourmet Goodies (cookies)
Lists of gluten-free foods on the shelves at
Read labels to see if milk-free, too.
(Often sold in supermarkets in aseptic packages or in the dairy case). Look for calcium-enriched varieties. Most brands come in plain, vanilla and chocolate flavors, sweetened or unsweetened.
- So Delicious Coconut Milk
- Rice Dream Rice Drink by Imagine Foods 1-866-595-8917
- Pacific Natural Foods Rice Beverage 1-503-692-9666
- Vance's Dari Free beverage 1-800-497-4834
- Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Milk 1-916-446-8500
- Silk almond, coconut or soy beverages 1-888-820-9283
- Eden Blend (rice and soy) 1-313-973-9400
Other autism diet resources:
GFCFdiet.com lists commercially available GFCF foods and ingredients.
AutismWeb's review of books on Biomedical Treatments.
References from preceding page1 Concurrent medical conditions and health care use and needs among children with learning and behavioral developmental disabilities, National Health Interview Survey, 2006-2010.
2Some Children With Autism May Benefit From A Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Diet
3Gluten Allergy May Play Role in Gastro Woes in Kids With Autism
4The ScanBrit randomised, controlled, single-blind study of a gluten- and casein-free dietary intervention for children with autism spectrum disorders abstract
5 A Review of Complementary and Alternative Treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorders, Autism Research and Treatment Volume 2012 (2012).
6How Could a Gluten- and Casein-Free Diet Ameliorate Symptoms Associated with Autism Spectrum Conditions? article
7The Autism Revolution: Whole-Body Strategies for Making Life All It Can Be by Martha Herbert MD, PhD, with Karen Weintraub. Harvard Health Publications. p. 211.