Termite Tenting - Vikane

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Ynot

Termite Tenting - Vikane

Postby Ynot » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Has anyone here had to have their house tented and fumigated? We have termites and the gentleman that was out told us that the only way to take care of it was to have this procedure that uses the chemical Vikane (Sulfuryl fluoride). Of course our first concern is our son. The man said that the chemical is dead after a day or so. Should we be concerned?

Thanks for any info,
Tony

Dani

Re: Termite Tenting - Vikane

Postby Dani » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:07 pm

I don't recall what chemical we used but we have had our house tented for termites. We had to. We live in an area where termite infestations are very common and damage is very real. When we tented the house we stayed away for several days even after the tent had come off and it was safe to go back inside. We removed EVERYTHING connected with my daughter - not just plates and utensils. We took all her clothes, all her toys, all her books, hairbrushes, shoes, blankets, sheets, etc. Everything. It was a hassle but I had peace of mind that her items weren't contaminated. We also put away many of the same items that belonged to the rest of the family.

We haven't seen any regressions with the tenting. We did it about a year ago.
I didn't know how strong I could be until I had to be.

Ynot

Postby Ynot » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:08 pm

Thanks for the tips Dani. Will do. After researching a bit more online I found this http://www.xt2000.com/. I'm still researching it, but it might be a great alternative.

Thanks again.

Jamie66

Postby Jamie66 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:52 am

Dani wrote:I don't recall what chemical we used but we have had our house tented for termites. We had to. We live in an area where termite, white ants infestations are very common and damage is very real. When we tented the house we stayed away for several days even after the tent had come off and it was safe to go back inside. We removed EVERYTHING connected with my daughter - not just plates and utensils. We took all her clothes, all her toys, all her books, hairbrushes, shoes, blankets, sheets, etc. Everything. It was a hassle but I had peace of mind that her items weren't contaminated. We also put away many of the same items that belonged to the rest of the family.

We haven't seen any regressions with the tenting. We did it about a year ago.

Hi Dani,
It's good to hear that tenting is working for you.
Actually, I'm also suffering from the same problem these days and would appreciate if you can help me by providing details about the experts you hired for your house.
Thanks in Advance. :D

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”