Power of prayer

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

b's mom

Power of prayer

Postby b's mom » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:10 am

For anyone interested, there is some scientific proof out there about the power of prayer. How about we pray for each other, our children and families. If you don't believe, I hope this doesn't offend you and you stick with us! This isn't a praying group but I thought it was a good idea. :)

http://implants.clic.net/tony/Article/039.html
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article ... 3850.shtml
http://www.science-spirit.org/article_d ... cle_id=295

audrey
b's mom :)

MOMMA3

Postby MOMMA3 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:24 am

From personal andd past experiience I do believe in the power of prayer. For those here thats believe, maybe you all can have your own little prayer group. For those that dont believe no offence intended. anyone interested in starting a group can email me at greatthings4u@comcast.net

Another Mom of Twin Girls

Postby Another Mom of Twin Girls » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:56 am

Great idea! I have been feeling guilty lately as I have spent less and less time on my own in prayer and Young Mom's Bible study since all of this started with the twins. I am the vocalist for our Contemporary Praise Band at church so I rationalize that practice for that and Sunday morning service are enough...but I know it isn't. Keep me posted as to what everyone thinks and maybe we can do a prayer group online!

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:52 pm

I love this idea. Even if we can't get everyone online at once, we can set a certain time, maybe even write a specific prayer and have everyone pray. What a great idea! I'm in! :D
Tami

Brokenhearted???

Postby Brokenhearted??? » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:19 pm

IT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CHOSE. IT COULD BE A GREAT COMFORT I'M SURE! I'M NOT OFFENDED AT ALL - YOU JUST WON'T SEE ME JOINING :D

LOTS OF LOVE,

GRANDMA C

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:30 pm

Sorry, Grandma C. I should have said, "Everyone who wants to or believes in it!" Big hugs!
Tami

Damosbird

Prayer

Postby Damosbird » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:37 pm

You can count me in! Tell me a date and a time and what religion you want me to do it in! (I figure you're all Christian, but I don't want to assume). I can tell when I haven't been praying cause those are the bad days. Even if things aren't going according to plan, lifting our problems up to God can make the day better.

MOMMA3

religion

Postby MOMMA3 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:06 pm

Religion does not matter, pray in whatever religion you believe in since everyone has there own beliefs. I will do it morning and evening everyday. For those of you who have a special request you can email it to me at greatthings4u@comcast.net and who so desires they can put their email up so others can we can send each other their prayer requests also. This way we wont be offending others that are not interested.

Brokenhearted????

Postby Brokenhearted???? » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:17 pm

TAMI - NO APOLOGIES NEEDED. I KNEW WHAT YOU MEANT :) .

LOVE,

GRANDMA C

MOMMA3

Postby MOMMA3 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:06 pm

I just thought of something and let me know how you all feel about it. We can do a daily prayer for those of us whose kids are going through a crisis, We can give the child's first name for this. And A weekly general prayer for all the autistic kids and their family. I dont mean to come off as a religion freak or someone who is "holier than thou" but I am going through my own little crisis and my daily prayer helps, and I would be happy to include anyone in it. It is something that I just started doing and I have been blessed so that I am able to write prayers even though I dont practice it.

b's mom

Postby b's mom » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:21 am

I was thinking a general every evening little prayer for our group but I like MAMMA3's idea of submitting your child's name if he/she is in crisis.

Mamma3 -you can write a prayer for us? that would be awesome!

We could always pick a day and time a week or two from now and whoever has a chance to pray for a few minutes or so... that might be nice too.

Does any autism association have a candle light ceremony or a special prayer day? Compassionate Friends does this incredible evening of lights where everyone lights a candle at 7pm on a certain night (your own time at 7) so that for a 24 hour period there are candles lit and prayers said around the world.

(hugs)
audrey

MOMMA3

Postby MOMMA3 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:27 am

I can check into the candlelight thing and if there is none we can start one and spread the word. I can write the prayer just let me know if you want it posted here or emailed to everyone individually. as soon as those who are interested give us some feedback we can set a day and time.

Kristal

Postby Kristal » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:41 am

You all might find this website of interest as well.

http://www.childrenofdestiny.org/

--Kristal

Brokenhearted

Candlelight Vigil

Postby Brokenhearted » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:36 am

HI - MOTHERS AGAINST DRUNK DRIVING (MADD) ANNUALLY HOLDS CANDLELIGHT VIGILS. IN WAYNE COUNTY, MICHIGAN WHERE I WORKED, IT WAS ALWAYS HELD AT DIFFERENT CHURCHES WITHIN THE COUNTY. OURS WERE ALWAYS HELD IN DECEMBER WHEN THE CHURCHES WERE DECORATED IN THEIR CHRISTMAS BEAUTY. THAT IS, OF COURSE, ONE OF THE HARDEST TIMES TO COPE WITH THE LOSS OF A CHILD OR ANY OTHER LOVED ONE. MY THOUGHT IS THAT UNTIL A NATIONAL ONE CAN BE STARTED SUCH AS WITH COMPASSIONATE FRIENDS, YOU MIGHT TRY ORGANIZING ONE LOCALLY AND STARTING SMALL. YOU COULD GO THROUGH WHATEVER AUTISM GROUPS ARE IN YOUR AREA, POST IT ON WEBSITES, PUT IT IN LOCAL NEWSPAPERS, ETC. WE ALWAYS FOLLOWED OUR VIGIL WITH A GATHERING IN THE CHURCH BASEMENT SERVING COFFEE, PUNCH AND DESSERTS. IT WAS A TIME FOR PEOPLE TO MEET AND TO SHARE. "BUILD IT AND THEY SHALL COME" :)

LOVE,

GRANDMA C

Postby Another Mom of Twin Girls » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:39 pm

I love the Children of Destiny website...a parent who was in an ABA workshop emailed it to me and I signed up for the daily email. It really is great. I would also be interested if anyone wants to try it here as long as it would not offend anyone since the board is for so many people of all beliefs or if we wanted to do the Private Messaging and put email addresses in there or something like that. Just post what everyone wants to do and we can go from there, Kim

MOMMA3

Postby MOMMA3 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:31 pm

Private messaging is disabled on here so we have to do it by email

b's mom

Postby b's mom » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:51 pm

Well you probably already know but just in case someone doesn't....April is autism's awareness month. This is perfect timing. I would think the end of this month would be good for a candle lighting/prayer. End the awareness month with a light for knowledge and a prayer for hope. :)

NATIONAL AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH: April (one place stated Jan too)
http://www.cdc.gov/majevnts/natl_obv.htm
http://www.autismsociety-nc.org/
http://www.godspreciousgifts.org/id34.htm
http://www.mentalhealth.org/highlights/ ... 03/autism/
COLOR: Rainbow or rainbow colored puzzle pieces

Krystal -thanks for the website!

audrey

Postby Another Mom of Twin Girls » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:30 pm

Yeah! Maybe on April 30th we could all light a candle at a certain time ( determined by everyone and whether it is standard time etc.) and say a prayer for the continued awareness of Autism and for our children etc. Great idea.... What does everyone think? Maybe Momma3 could write the prayer as she said earlier and we could all print it off and read it when we light our candles or something like that. :?: :?:

MOMMA3

Postby MOMMA3 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:43 pm

if thats what everyone wants I can do it

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:44 pm

I like that! Maybe the prayer can be geared towards leading us in the right directions for our children's recovery. ANd asking to give us the strength to continue pushing even when it gets real hard. Maybe even asking to put other parents in our path that don't know that their child can be recovered so that we can spread the word. I don't know about you all but I feel like the future is literally in our hands. WHat we do to get the word out that autism is treatable can mean so much to so many like us. Can you imagine going on and believing that autism is just inevitable? My life force would have been burnt out long ago if I thought that was true. My best to all of you!
Tami

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”