Power of prayer

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

MOMMA3

Postby MOMMA3 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:47 am

I will write the prayer and post it today. I do not know what it will say because all my prayer comes from God. He guides my hand. But whatever it says it would be what he wants us to say and not what I think we should say. Just to let everyone know :D

MOMMA3

The Prayer

Postby MOMMA3 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:02 pm

I have the prayer ready and before I post it I want everyone to know I have no control on the lenght or contents in the prayer and there is also a little verse to say when the candels are lit.

My Lord please bless us on this day. Hear our collective prayer. We come to you on bended knees asking for your forgivness.Wash us or our iniquity, cleanse us and make us whole. Lord God we praise your name, we shout it from the rooftops and mountains. You are our strength and shield, we get our strength from you and only you. You said if two or more ask someting in your name it will be done. Oh Lord you promised if we seek we shall find. We come to you now as parents humbly seeking your guidance and wisdom. Our children need you. they are suffering in their own world where we cant reach them. Show us the way Lord. Open the door to the cure of their ailments. Not our will but yours be done. You knew them from the womb,they are yours. Help us in this fight against Autsim. You have the answers Lord, point us in the right direction. Lord there are others suffering in silence, show them the way. Put your angels in their path and guide them to where they can get all the help and support they need. We hold you to all your promises you made to us and come to you as humble as our little children. Only you can help us prevail in this fight. Open the eyes of those that stand in our way. Remove the stumbling blocks from our path. Turn the hearts of those that oppose us and make our enemies our greatest defenders. Let everything be done as a testament to your name. Let your name be glorifiedin this struggle. Through your name all things are possible. We all say this prayer in the name of your son and our saviour Jesus Christ Amen. May the words of our mouths and the meditations of our heart be acceptable in thy sight O Lord our strength and our redeemer. Amen.
To be said when the candles are lit......

May the smoke from our candle be pleasing to you and lift our prayer to the utmost part of heaven. Thank you for your blessings Lord. Amen
Last edited by MOMMA3 on Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Another Mom of Twin Girls

Postby Another Mom of Twin Girls » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:39 pm

BEAUTIFUL! Thank you! I think it is perfect and definitely is representative of what is in my heart. I appreciate that it truly is His will and not ours what happens next...but as you said, we are promised the opportunity to ask for what we need in prayer!

What day and time do we want to light the candle?

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:33 pm

This is great! My computer has been down since Thursday, first time getting in on this. Count me in. Your prayer was beautiful MOMMA3
Marie
Kameron's Mom

MOMMA3

Postby MOMMA3 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:39 pm

Would Saturday night at 8:30 be good with everyone? It is the last day in the month and by that time most kids would be in bed (I hope) and the candle could be put by a window or somewhere visible as a light of hope. If everyone agrees to this, those of you on different boards can spread the word there and also pass it on to family and friends and we can get the message heard. Let me know. and thank you for your response to the prayer. It is done by the grace of God.

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:47 pm

I love that idea. ANd the prayer. Fits very well. Thanks so much for writing it. I am going to buy a special candle to burn just for this. I am so excited. Feels good to do something as a group like this. :D
Tami

Another Mom of Twin Girls

Postby Another Mom of Twin Girls » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:13 pm

8:30 is great for me! I think I will get a special candle too! I know it sounds silly, but this feels so good to unite like this. The Lord is so gracious to his people and he makes all things good for those who love Him....maybe this is the beginning of a wave of prayers being lifted daily to help our children. Thanks again for this idea!!! Kim

Kristal

Postby Kristal » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:32 pm

MOMMA3 wrote:Would Saturday night at 8:30 be good with everyone? It is the last day in the month and by that time most kids would be in bed (I hope) and the candle could be put by a window or somewhere visible as a light of hope. If everyone agrees to this, those of you on different boards can spread the word there and also pass it on to family and friends and we can get the message heard. Let me know. and thank you for your response to the prayer. It is done by the grace of God.

8:30 which time zone?

--Kristal

MOMMA3

Postby MOMMA3 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:39 pm

I am in Maryland. I think it is Central...I am no good at the time zone stuff

MOMMA3

Postby MOMMA3 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:27 pm

I sent an email to the ASA and CAN organizations to see if they can pass the message on about what we are doing. If they can help us spread the word I will let you all know. I already emaild the info along to family and they will be joining us.

b's mom

Postby b's mom » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:16 pm

Oh my gosh...
the prayer is beautiful.

So we want to all light at the same time (adjusting some of our times) so that we are all saying the prayer at the same exact moment? OR Are we lighting it at 8:30pm our own times so we are all actually lighting at different moments? That option would be nice when this gets big (and of course I believe it will). That way you have a 24 hour period with people around the world praying...

Found a time zone chart. It gives the actual time in a small boxes in each time zone:
http://www.worldtimezone.com/

I think we should start emailing all the big boards, web sites on autism, etc. It may not catch on this year but they may make a note for next.

audrey

MOMMA3

Postby MOMMA3 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:20 pm

I was thinking everyone at the same time,using one time zone so all the candles would be lit at once and we would have a collective voice. What does eveyone else think?

Kristal

Postby Kristal » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:44 pm

I think at the same time...all united.

--Kristal

mom from mass

mom from mass

Postby mom from mass » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:08 pm

Hi ladies I'm In. You just say the word. And how we will do this . Tami you have my E mail If you please Email me and let me know what you ladies decide to do. and how we will to this if we are not going to post on this web forum. Tami when you post let me know by this web forum so i can take a look at my E-mail. I don't check my E- mail all that often and i would like to be a part of this prayer group. I love this idea. I think is great. Thanks Tami and all .

mom from mass

mom from mass

Postby mom from mass » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:29 pm

Got the message / Sat April 30 at 8:30 PM I'll inform the Federation with special needs I'll let them know what we will be doing. Their are many parents working their who have children with autism.

b's mom

Postby b's mom » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:48 am

We need to figure out Eastern, central, mountain or paicific. 8:00 or 8:30 central sounds good otherwise New York has to light past 9:30pm. Any ealier and and LA lights before 5:30.

8:30 Eastern -New York
7:30 Central -Chicago
6:30 Mountain -Denver
5:30 Pacific -LA
2:30am Sweden

9:30 Eastern -New York
8:30 Central -Chicago
7:30 Mountain -Denver
6:30 Pacific -LA
3:30am Sweden
8pm own time if unable to make time zone

9:00 Eastern -New York
8:00 Central -Chicago
7:00 Mountain -Denver
6:00 Pacific -LA
3:00am Sweden
8pm own time if unable to make time zone

We have a mom from Sweden. How about 8:30 pm on April 30th your own time if your unable to make the simultanous candle lighting. Also, even if someone isn't interested in the prayer, lighting a candle to unite is a great idea -could always say your favorite poem. :)

Seems like 8 or 8:30 central works well but let's see if it's a problem and which one?
audrey

MOMMA3

Postby MOMMA3 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:00 pm

If everyone wants to change how its done please let me know today since I already contacted some organizations ang gave the 8:30pm Central to post on their site. Because it is this weekend I need to get that info in to them soon. I know a lot of you agreed to the time that is already set and some of you agree to light at the same time as a stand of unity. So if anyone else wants changes made let me know so we can finalize this in order for those who are partaking to be ready.

b's mom

Postby b's mom » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:55 pm

8:30pm central
I didn't know you had mentioned the time zone yet... I'll try to read more carefully next time. :oops:

a.

MOMMA3

Postby MOMMA3 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:02 pm

ITS OK WITH 3 KIDS i HAVE TO SPEED READ TOO :lol:

olifia

GREAT IDEA

Postby olifia » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:26 pm

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA. PLS COUNT ME IN!
THANKS...

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”