UC San Diego Autism Study

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

kellyandmike

UC San Diego Autism Study

Postby kellyandmike » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Hello out there!

My wife and I were recommended to participate in the research study at UCSD. The head investigator is Dr. Eric Courchesne and from limited research seems to be big in the field of studying autism and has published many articles. Our son is 3 and on the spectrum. I have received some information regarding the study and some of it scares me and wondering if anybody out there has participated in the study with their child. When we were originally talked to about it by someone from our regional center it sounded like it would really help our boy but now after receiving the paper work I'm feeling like it is more about trying to be able to create an autism test and be able to determine if parents would be prone to having autistic kids and wont due much for our boy. I'm all for helping the community but they require blood to be drawn and that will be a bad experience for my little guy and thinking selfishly for him. If anybody has heard about or participated in the study i'd really love to hear your take.

thanks

achatterjee0527

Re: UC San Diego Autism Study

Postby achatterjee0527 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:24 am

The initial study has shown significantly positive response -- Dr. Naviaux will be publishing a paper later the year outlining the results. Please see my posting on "suramin study"

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”