Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:48 am


Postby Pants123 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:04 pm


Just mentally drained and looking for some help. Our DS was recently diagnosed with PPD-NOS. I live in PA. we are looking into getting him some ABA through my insurance. I just heard we got denied because my company didn't accept PA state law.

What do you guys generally do if insurance doesn't cover? Do you get a secondary insurance or pay out of your pocket


Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:05 am

Re: Insurance

Postby amndzon » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:16 am

In Pennsylvania there is the Pennsylvania Autism Insurance Act (Act62). My friend's have their son on it and it is covering most of their ABA costs as well as a bunch of other things. There is also the Medical Assistance Access card which is through the Department of Public Welfare, but you don't have to be on public assistance to get the medical benefits.

I'm not sure where you are in Pennsylvania, but this link from Autism York is a good place for references/resources in the state.

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”