Private Early Intervention Autism

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

sonee1

Private Early Intervention Autism

Postby sonee1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:33 am

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie mom in desperate need of finding some information on early intervention help. I have a two year old daughter who doesnt speak a word and has some signs of autism. I am looking for the best private early intervention clinics or programs that you may have hear are rated good for helping toddlers with special needs.

I am looking for any best center in the states.

I am really looking forward for a reply.

Thanks

Winnie

Re: Private Early Intervention Autism

Postby Winnie » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:48 am

Hi sonee1 -- welcome to the forum.

I don't know what is currently available all around the country -- the only clinic I have any experience with is in Walnut Creek, CA, and now known as Partington Behavior Analysts. You can google Dr. Partington -- he is one of the developers of the ABLLS and Verbal Behavior in autism intervention. Many (many!) years ago I went there for training since there was nothing available in my state. I would definitely recommend the training based on my experience there.

Behavior Analysts has a clinic (STARS Clinic) among other services (consulting, parent and professional training, evaluation) -- you might contact them to ask about services you are interested in:

http://www.partingtonbehavioranalysts.com/page/services-2.html
Winnie
"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember."

zoymom

Postby zoymom » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:02 pm

Until you start treatment, you can also use the Early Start Denver Model at home. I did this with my son who was in a similar boat and it has really helped. The book for parents is called An Early Start for Your Child with Autism.

Winnie

Postby Winnie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:47 pm

zoymom wrote:Until you start treatment, you can also use the Early Start Denver Model at home. I did this with my son who was in a similar boat and it has really helped. The book for parents is called An Early Start for Your Child with Autism.

That's a great point and recommendation -- regardless of what program or clinic a child attends, it really is essential that the parents train themselves to take advantage of the teachable moments in the natural environment to build social and communication skills, as well as reinforce whatever is being taught outside the home.

Another parent-friendly and highly recommended (by parents) resource is More Than Words by the Hanen Centre:

http://www.hanen.org/Guidebooks---DVDs/Parents/More-Than-Words.aspx
Winnie
"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember."

sylvia1111

Postby sylvia1111 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:58 pm

can anyone give me a few hints or suggestions mentioned in the hanen program IT TAKES TWO TO TALK for encouraging speech please.

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”