Need opinions on labeling Egg Hunt area

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

boarderx

Need opinions on labeling Egg Hunt area

Postby boarderx » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:42 pm

I recently contacted the head of an Easter Egg hunt in my area to ask if they would create an area for special needs kiddos. My son is autistic and has CP , so he doesn't move as fast as other children always gets swarmed by the rest of the kids. The event coordinator loved the suggestion and are moving forward with creating an area especially for special needs kids.

I'm looking for creative, non-offensive ways to label the egg hunt area. I personally wouldn't be offended if the label simply state "Special Needs Kiddos" or something similar. Since I don't have any other friends who have special needs, I came to the internet for suggestions.

Does anybody have a creative name that we could use!? My creativity skills are severely limited! :>0

Winnie

Re: Need opinions on labeling Egg Hunt area

Postby Winnie » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:07 pm

Great idea -- and a good question! Maybe Egg Hunters with Special Needs or something? You might google special needs Easter egg hunts and see what those events called themselves.

Better have adults on hand to monitor the area -- most of those children running around filling their baskets can't read!
Winnie
"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember."

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”