I'm an 'old timer' from when this forum began

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Dana

I'm an 'old timer' from when this forum began

Postby Dana » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:58 am

I haven't posted in years, and back in the day I used to cling to this forum looking for help and hoping to help.

I'm happy to see its still going strong. I haven't had a chance to do more than skim through on the mobile site, as I sit waiting for my son to finish his volunteer job. I hope parents are still sharing helpful and encouraging information. One thing I've learned as an old timer, we all need each other. Good luck to all, you're never alone ❤️

Never give up!
Dana

luvpiggy

Re: I'm an 'old timer' from when this forum began

Postby luvpiggy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:10 am

Hi Dana! :)

I also was someone who was more active on this message board and especially some other autism message boards that no longer exist ten to fifteen years ago. While I do see some activity on here, I am afraid that these message boards are going the way of the dinosaur. :( I think that social media sites such as Facebook have served as a replacement and after trying them, I think there are some major downsides to that. It's actually sometimes nice to be more anonymous and have a larger pool of autism parents to ask a question to or to vent to 24/7. I really don't know how I would have made it through many years ago without an autism message board that no longer exists and this message board. And honestly, I found some information on this particular message board that was archived that helped me save my son's life two years ago! Although my son is older and for a few years he was very stable, we are going through some very tumultuous times right now. :( Anyway, I do wish these message boards were more active and that more of them existed as they used to. I am very glad this one is still here, and I think it was nice of you to come back and say hello! :)

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Hi Dana

I just wanted to post and say how much I have learnt from you over the years. You are a true pioneer, your personal blog was a life-saver for me when my daughter was first diagnosed and I was looking for information back in 2007. We live in Greece where biomed is almost unknown, but thanks to the internet I was able to benefit from your knowledge and experience. I remember that you were treating like four kids at the same time. Can I please ask you how your kids are doing, how have they progressed. Best wishes to you and your family.

Dana

Postby Dana » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:02 am

Kastania wrote:Hi Dana

I just wanted to post and say how much I have learnt from you over the years. You are a true pioneer, your personal blog was a life-saver for me when my daughter was first diagnosed and I was looking for information back in 2007. We live in Greece where biomed is almost unknown, but thanks to the internet I was able to benefit from your knowledge and experience. I remember that you were treating like four kids at the same time. Can I please ask you how your kids are doing, how have they progressed. Best wishes to you and your family.

First off: You are very kind! Thank you! My kids are doing very well. All young adults now.
I started my own page on Facebook it's called Autism Sign Language. Please feel free to join us and follow our new journey. I'm so happy you posted! My son is communicating with sign language and attempting to talk. It's been a long road for us. But anything for our babies!! I wish you luck! I hope to possibly see you over on my Facebook page!
Dana

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”