aggressive behavior

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Liz3

aggressive behavior

Postby Liz3 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:37 pm

It has been a little while since I have been on here. I am in need of some good advice. My daughter is 10 yrs old. with autism. She was diagnosed when she was 3. Until recently we haven't had any major issues. Now she is getting very aggressive toward anyone that tries to get get to do something that is not her idea. She hours get wrists together and hours her hips with her wrists. Then she will pitch a fit in the floor. She is extremely strong has even tackled me. I don't know what to do.
Liz
Houston 10 NT
Tyler 8 NT
McKenzie 4 ASD

jaumeb

Re: aggressive behavior

Postby jaumeb » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:15 am

I am looking into Weston Price Foundation dietary guidelines. This is not going to be a quick fix for anything but I hope I can see improvements in the long term.

Santosg

Postby Santosg » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:22 am

It is difficult to give concrete suggestions without a bit more information; particularly as it relates to her level of communication. For instance, is she verbal. Does she have the ability to express her desires independently?

In either case, she obviously wants to have a greater ability to determine her own actions. This is an important motivator for her and you can use it to encourage her to have greater independence.

Any kind of violence or excessive defiance must be countered strongly. If she is able to get her way in any sense from these negative behaviors you're only going to reinforce them. Know what she wants, what she likes, and what she is willing to work for. When she behaves inappropriately remove items or privileges immediately and in a way that she understands are directly tied to her negative behaviors. Reward good behavior continuously in small ways.

jaumeb

Postby jaumeb » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:45 am

Are you still using the curcumin?

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”