Support in different States

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

terryandrya

Support in different States

Postby terryandrya » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:36 pm

This is my first post and I’m glad to be a part of this group. My family currently lives in North Carolina and the autism support he is minimal. It is a constant battle to support our 2 children with autism. We came from NY where the support was much greater. So the support here on paper seems good but once you start requesting items like OT and speech therapy the support is not there. Another item here is that the supports that you do get you have to pay out of pocket. As everyone here knows that can get expensive fast.

So my question here is what states has actual has good support for children autism under the age of 7. I’m not looking for national reports on autism support per state or high level technical studies about autism but I want to know how actual (real) people are dealing, caring for children with autism and the support they get. The support I’m talking about is therapy, public and private schools, activities that are supportive of children with autism, etc. Like everyone here we want our children to be the best version of themselves as possible and to live where they are getting the support and care that is best for them. I have looked at places like Virginia, San Diego, San Francisco, Boston, Denver, and Massachusetts. Please let me know if you are in these states or another state where the supportive services are good.

Thank you for your time and continuing support of families everywhere. :D

Sammickk

Re: Support in different States

Postby Sammickk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:15 pm

I was Told Huntington WV by a someone who lives there and has had co-woorkers with ASD. Marshal University has its Own Autism Training center and there is also the Autism Service center located nearby there too. The provide lots from what I've read so far. I Actually live in WV myself and am considering moving there for my son.

Look here--> http://www.marshall.edu/atc/
and here---> http://www.autismservicescenter.org/

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”