Missing one course for BCaBA - Need advice!

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Pickles87

Missing one course for BCaBA - Need advice!

Postby Pickles87 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi! I'm in a bit of a pickle. I am currently an RBT and have completed all but one of the required courses for the BCaBA certification. I was enrolled in the course but due to several unforeseen circumstances I finished the course just shy of a passing grade (I won't go into details on why, as this isn't about my excuses). I am currently gaining my hours and supervision (1000 hours total) but am still short one this one course. The university that I had taken the courses at will not be offering the course again until Spring 2017. So my question/s is/are this... now what? Should I look for another university (online) that offers such approved courses? And if so, can I take only the one course that I need? Can I find something to substitute it with? I've checked the BACB site up and down and haven't achieved a clear resolution as of yet. Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

DC1346

Re: Missing one course for BCaBA - Need advice!

Postby DC1346 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:33 am

If I understand you correctly, you're asking about a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst which is an undergraduate-level certification in behavior analysis.

If you failed a course and you need this course to graduate, you should direct questions about alternative classes as a path to graduation to the university in question. If no alternative coursework is permitted, your options are either to wait until the class is offered again or to take this class through another school.

I wish I could be more helpful but you really need to address these questions to your school.

Best wishes,

David

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”