20 Month Old Son

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

worrieddaddyforson

20 Month Old Son

Postby worrieddaddyforson » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:16 pm

Hello All,

I have a 20 month old toddler who is my pride and joy, I really was not concerned until i met boys his age and this has got me worried so much that i have not eaten a proper meal for the past few days

He was born on Jan 1, 2015 but he was supposed to be out only on Jan 23rd, 2015, he was induced since my wife had high BP at that time.

He is a happy toddler who jumps around like a frog or a kangaroo and run around quite fast, does not flap or stimm his hands or fingers. He has a few vocabulary of words like amma, tata, eeieei oo and hahaha. He makes hmmm sounds when he runs around and plays. He plays with all kinds of toys, if he veggie straws, he would point to them or if he can pick a packet, he picks it up and gives it to me or my wife. Drinks water in sipper by himself or brings it is to us to feed him. He is breast fed and whenever he wants to be fed, he pulls his mother dress towards the bed. He also brings toys to us to play.

He is not afraid of sound, when i turn on the vacuum, he is ok with it and he sees it

He does not respond to his name and not play pretend games but plays with different toys( he used to see the wheels of his toys but not seen them for he past few days). Sometime I close my eyes and ask him where is XXX and he opens by fingers and smiles but this does not happen all the time.

For the past 10-11 months, he has seen youtube(Cartoons) or been a tv watcher for around 3-4 hours. I m so worried as a father and I pray for all kids

My 9 year old didn't talk till she was 3+ but a continuous talker now. I hope my son turns like that.

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”