Help!

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

rsj40

Help!

Postby rsj40 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:07 am

I am a special education teacher and looking for advice on one of my students. I have one student who is making noises in class (such as beep beep, squeals, etc). This is obviously a sensory issue and am looking for advice and tips on how to make things improve.
Thank you!

jaumeb

Re: Help!

Postby jaumeb » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:18 am

Thanks for being here. I think that overcoming the symptoms of autism is a long term effort. It requires the right diet, some key supps and many lifestyle modifications. Afaik there is not a trick to stop stimming nor a pill to bring up language.

believe

Postby believe » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:18 pm

Maybe the noises are in response to stress he may be feeling in the classroom? Have you ever tried noise cancellation headphones? My son used to wear those because he would get so overwhelmed with all the voices and chatter. With the headphones on he could still hear the teacher but it was a lot quieter, which made him more relaxed. In fact, his teacher said she would recommend them for all the children in the classroom because they were able to focus better when there was less 'interference'. Just a thought.

Sarahneaves

Postby Sarahneaves » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:34 pm

rsj40 wrote:I am a special education teacher and looking for advice on one of my students. I have one student who is making noises in class (such as beep beep, squeals, etc). This is obviously a sensory issue and am looking for advice and tips on how to make things improve.
Thank you!

I am a teacher too. I have the same question and my friends tell me that it is the student who wants to attract your attention,so you can talk to him to show your concern.I hope itcan help you.

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”