New to autism

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Aliaa

New to autism

Postby Aliaa » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:59 am

Hello everybody,

I'm new to all this. My daughter hasn't been formally diagnosed but everything shows that she is autistic. My daughter is 16 months old & her pediatrician referred her to early intervention. She's my first child and I would have never thought that she could be autistic. I'm not in denial, I'm just overwhelmed, lost and obviously sad... I know things can be done to help her but still I feel like there's so much that can be done. I feel like I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. I'm afraid of what is coming up, I don't want her to be sad or feel different. I want my baby back. Please help with kind words or prayers. Thank you.

Grandmother

Re: New to autism

Postby Grandmother » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 pm

You have my prayers and you're not alone, more and more parents are going through this today.  The biggest clue is what has changed since I was a child and autism was non-existent, when all food was organic, there were no food additives, doctors were expensive and rarely seen, and there were no "well-baby" checks with 8 vaccines every couple of months.

I can't tell from your post if your child regressed, if she has any physical problems, if she was vaccinated, etc., nor do I want to give you false hope, but it won't hurt her to go back to the olden days by greening her diet and environment and it will give you something to do and a feeling of control while you're waiting for a diagnosis.

Here are two threads that might help, the first one is about my grandchild:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33872
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34026

Some helpful sites are Talk About Curing Autism Now (TACA), Recovering Kids, Generation Rescue, MSG Truth, and Thinking Mom's Revolution.

Keep me posted as to how you're doing.  I care.

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”