Trouble with Sleeping

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

StephanieAR

Trouble with Sleeping

Postby StephanieAR » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:32 am

DS 6 yrs old-will not sleep. He will soundly fall asleep and like a switch, wake up and stay up! He's disruptive, laughing and shrieking at anything. When I try to get him settle down (I start his bed routine again) and he just continues to laugh and giggle at me. After the 2nd or third attempt, I leave him and hope exhaustion beats him but it doesn't. Just giggling away... It's so frustrating and exhausting! I just don't know what to do. I get so flustered that I stay awake! We have a solid routine for bed and there is no trigger (that I am aware) to wake him. Does anyone else have this issue?

Momof5

Re: Trouble with Sleeping

Postby Momof5 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:46 am

We have the same problem. I came here searching for answers/help. This week alone my 3 year old has only slept 1 full night. We have tried everything deep pressure massage, lavender oils, warm baths, white noise, melatonin, you name it we have tried it. We are at out wits end! I have had to stop working due to not sleeping. He misses school due to not sleeping and wakes the other kids. He's loud laughing, screaming, running, jumping, wish I had the energy. We have hit a wall and are in need of any advice.

Caysmom

Re: Trouble with Sleeping

Postby Caysmom » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:18 pm

My Cay is 6 and I believe has night terrors or nightmares. Most night I can't tell the difference. He goes to bed soundly then wakes up in a good night about 3 hours later screaming and crying and half the time by the time I'm done calming him down I'm in tears as well. Don't know what to do. Just don't know.

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”