Puberty

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

BlearyEyedAlchemist

Puberty

Postby BlearyEyedAlchemist » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:33 am

I need some help to feel better. My kiddo just turned 12 and it's like he's a different child. A few meltdowns, but more hyperactivity. He is much more aware, which is good. Just tell me it gets better.

Liz77

Re: Puberty

Postby Liz77 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:14 pm

Yes,it does. Then it gets worse again. My son hit puberty on the young side, so 11 was horrible with surging hormones and anxiety. Twelve was better, and at thirteen things were pretty hard because of his anxiety. Taking him off ADHD medication, therapy (group and family), and increased exercise helped immensely. He's fifteen now and anxiety is still an issue, but he's much more self aware and tries to deal with as it happens and come to me for help. We both try to remember his triggers and to stay on top of things. He needs enough sleep, healthy food, exercise, time with friends and family, as well as alone time.

raun cesar

Postby raun cesar » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:06 am

This is normal with growing age, hormonal changes in the body this means give them some liberty to schedulize things

AutismStinks

Postby AutismStinks » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:12 pm

It gets better when they hit their early twenties. It is like teenager fight for independence, hormones, autism and intellectual disabilities mixed together.
You can read about my kid
http://raisingautism.net/instructions.html

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”