Advice needed: My hair feels like it belongs to somebody else

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Sadiee

Advice needed: My hair feels like it belongs to somebody else

Postby Sadiee » Thu May 04, 2017 10:29 am

I am diagnosed with Aspergers and have a lot of trouble with change. Nonetheless, sometimes a small change is good and makes me feel refreshed; for example coloring my hair. I had been thinking about dying my hair from light blonde go light brown for a long time and finally went for it, but it came out a very dark brown.

This was very hard to get adjusted to. I couldn't look in the mirror because the girl I saw doesn't feel like it's me but someone else. Every time I see my hair on my shoulder it feels like someone else's hair. The thought of someone else's hair on my head makes me feel so disgusting and gross that I become obsessed with getting it off my head, wanting to cut it shave it just anything to make it go away. The feeling is so intense that I get severe panic attacks each time I get a glimpse of my hair in a mirror or on my shoulder. I just wear my hair in a bun and covered the mirrors in my room to avoid it but I honestly feel like I'm going insane. I have to touch my face constantly to stay grounded and not lose the feeling that my body is me, not someone else's. I don't know what's wrong with me I have never had this big of a problem with dyeing my hair before. I can't find anything about what's wrong with me on the Internet and I have no idea what's happening or if I'll feel better. Is this normal? Do other people have this too sometimes? Please help me I don't know how to stop feeling this way

goatmon

Re: Advice needed: My hair feels like it belongs to somebody else

Postby goatmon » Thu May 11, 2017 5:55 am

Can you get it bleached and dyed back to your original color?

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”