Different therapies for Autism

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

bhawin

Different therapies for Autism

Postby bhawin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:43 pm

We are just diagnosed. What are the various therapies that insurance would typically cover for ASD. We have BCBS PPO but no where in their website could find what is covered. Here is what I have found are the various therapies available and could be useful for our kids. Is there anything else you would suggest based on your experience.

Speech
Occupational
ABA
Horse
Massage

samartha

Re: Different therapies for Autism

Postby samartha » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:46 am

The doctor should prescribe all the required therapies. We started with developmental intervention, which didnt help much. Now starting with feeding, speech and ABA therapy. Want to do OT as well, but schedule does not allows all at the same time. Hope this helps.

bpiwek

Re: Different therapies for Autism

Postby bpiwek » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:49 pm

Hey,
I just joined the forum and saw your question.
You probably have made some headway I am sure.
We did all of the above to one extent or another.
Horse Therapy also known as Equestrian Therapy was not something that was prescribed however we did seek it out.
You can look up some university studies regarding this.
The difference this made for my daughter was very noticeable and I also met many other parents that felt really good about their child taking part.

Anyways....

Hope things are going well for you and your family, maybe give us an update how you are making out if you feel up to it.

All the best to you and your family.

Bryan

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”