Autism support programs and Financial assistance in Texas

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

JBTX

Autism support programs and Financial assistance in Texas

Postby JBTX » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Hello

First time poster. I am a parent of a 13 year old austistic son. He goes to public school and is designated 504 and special ed and we go through annual ARDs. We have done this since he entered school. He was formally diagnosed around 2 years old.

Me and my wife both work and have good incomes so we typically would not qualify for needs based financial assistance. However over the years people will tell us anecdotally that " I know somebody who has kid with autism and all their services are paid for in spite of the fact that the parents have above average incomes"

We've always kind of done things on our own. Never really participated in any of the well known autism groups. Our son over the years has done all kind of therapy such as ABA speech OT and PT typically paid through insurance but with substantial deductibles and copayments.

While we have been fortunate enough to be able to carry the financial burden so far we certainly don't want to pass up on any "free money" if it is available. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”