Introduction & School Project

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

A.Lynn

Introduction & School Project

Postby A.Lynn » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself and why I'm here. My name is Allie and I'm a student at the University of Kansas Medical Center studying occupational therapy. I'd like to work with children and families affected by autism when I graduate.

As part of one of my class assignments, I am to identify an online forum/listserv that relates to a family in the community I am working with. The long-term project is to develop an assessment plan for this family, but for the purpose of this smaller assignment I would just be checking in a few times a week here and seeing what the overall theme of the group is and discussing with my fellow students. I can provide a copy of the assignment is interested or curious! Overall, I'm just here to observe and provide support, not solicit any services!

Please let me know if this is not allowed - no personal information will be shared, just overall themes of topics discussed! Please also let me know if you have any questions!

Have a good holiday weekend! :D

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”