Naturopathy vs regular pediatrician? Anyone with experience that have some recommendations?

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Usernametaken

Naturopathy vs regular pediatrician? Anyone with experience that have some recommendations?

Postby Usernametaken » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:38 pm

So I was recommended to a naturopathic doctor for my son with autism. Problem is, my insurance would have to replace his regular pediatrician with the naturopathic one, I can't go to both of them. Anyone have any experience with naturopathic doctors? Are they reliable? My sons occupational therapist suggested this to us because one of her other clients has a kid with autism and their kid had difficulty sleeping and waking up during the night and apparently going to a naturopathic doctor had helped them out with finding out what the issue was. My son has a similar issue and I thought I'd give it a chance, but knowing that my insurance would assign this doctor as my sons primary care has me wondering if they are reliable at all? I've heard some good and bad things about naturopathic doctors. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”