Peanut Butter Cookies

Recipes for special diets or picky eaters (GFCF, SCD, yeast- or sugar-free, etc.)

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please credit the authors of recipes posted here.
MIssy

Peanut Butter Cookies

Postby MIssy » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:04 pm

How about we start trading recipes that are tried and true with our kids? I'll have to add one later because my kids are going nuts right now. Just thought I'd post.

b's mom

Postby b's mom » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:24 am

Peanut Butter Cookies
1 C creamy or cunchy peanut butter (organic)
1 C sugar
1 egg

Preheat oven to 375*F
Mix ingredients with spoon
Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheet
Bake for 15-20 min or until color is a littl emore brown than it started out and has a "set" look. They willl be soft while hot. Remove them carefully with a spoon and let cool on rack.

I always seem to burn the bottom a bit but these cannot stay in the house for a day! We all love these and they take seconds to make.

Great idea!
Here's another site with recipes but I haven't tried them yet: http://www.missroben.com/id1253.html

MIssy

Postby MIssy » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:05 am

Thanks I think I'll try them today! Sounds like an easy recipe! I'll posat the Carob cake recipe we use later today! Drew can't have chocolate and corn, so I have tweaked Lisa Lewis's recipe for Lisa Acerkman's Chocolate Cake!

luvpiggy

Re: Peanut Butter Cookies

Postby luvpiggy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:21 am

Hi,

I've been making these cookies for many months as a staple for my son's diet, but I didn't know the specifics on the baking times, and my oven temp. was a little lower, but it still worked:). I do want to say that a baker told me that baking on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper, not wax paper, will prevent burning the cookies, and she was right:)! So, just use some parchment paper, and you will not burn the bottoms.

Hyacinth

Re:

Postby Hyacinth » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:42 pm

b's mom wrote:Peanut Butter Cookies
1 C creamy or cunchy peanut butter (organic)
1 C sugar
1 egg

I wonder if you could sub honey for the sugar to make them scd.

carrie

Postby carrie » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:52 pm

That's it? Peanut butter cookies are my favorite and they sound so simple to make! I'm going to make those today for my kids. We're a gluten free household, so I'm constantly looking for ways to still have yummy treats. I love how simple these are. That's why I usually don't bake....I don't want to take the time.

Thank you for posting!

mellowjello

Postby mellowjello » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:50 pm

Hyacinth wrote:I wonder if you could sub honey for the sugar to make them scd.

Yes, you can!

I do:

1 egg beaten
1/4 c honey
2/3 c nut butter (peanut, almond, sunbutter)

I use less honey because I don't make them too sweet. I bake at 325 for about 10-20 minutes, depending on size of cookie. Take out when they seem firmly spongy when pressed.

I really like using the freshly ground peanut butter at Whole Foods. Also freshly ground peanut butter is much less moldy.

You can also add chopped peanuts to the cookie dough for a chunky cookie.

If you are able to eat cocoa powder, add a tablespoon of cocoa powder (Ghiardelli is GF) when using almond butter and add 1 teas vanilla. (These are not SCD legal).
Learning to jiggle when shaken.

Return to “Recipes”