Lollipop Supplements

Recipes for special diets or picky eaters (GFCF, SCD, yeast- or sugar-free, etc.)

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please credit the authors of recipes posted here.
Dana

Lollipop Supplements

Postby Dana » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:29 am

Per request:

Here is the lollipop recipe from Lisa Lewis, Special Diets For Special Kids:

1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup CF margarine
2 TBL light corn syrup, or rice syrup
1 TBL water
1TBL cider vinegar

candy molds
lollipop sticks
candy thermometer

spray molds with vegetable spray and place a stick in the indentation of each one.

place all ingredients in the top of a double boiler and cook over medium heat. stir only until the syrup is clear and boiling. cover the pot and let cook for 3 minutes.

uncover pot and insert thermometer. boil vigorously until it measures 260 degrees. reduce the heat and boil more gently until 300 degrees.

remove from heat, stir to eliminate bubbles and pour into molds. wait 15 minutes and lift out lollipops by holding the stick.

*SUPPLEMENTS, I add a dose to the bottom of the mold, not all supplements can survive this. Do not use this for probiotics. I have used this for Super Nu Thera, Gaba and enzymes.

I also, of course, hate the idea of a dose of sugar everyday, so this was our "last resort" trick :wink:

This is a great treat to take to school (minus the supplements of course!)where everyone can enjoy a GFCF treat with your child, just wrap in cellophane lollipop bags and tie off with curling ribbon for a special treat on birthdays or holidays :D

Dana

Dana

Postby Dana » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:27 am

One thing I forgot to mention, make sure you use lollipop molds and not candy molds. The candy molds are not meant to take the high heat and will melt.

Best of luck,

Dana

Return to “Recipes”