rick -hbot question

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

rlneub

Postby rlneub » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:44 pm

Greg,

Do'C is not Robert H and has no association with MM. He is a self proclaimed skeptic that will take the "real" science to put down almost any biomed treatment and expose us salesmen for the charlatans we are. Sorry that our brainwashing brought you into this. Oops, I cannot be sorry as I am supposed to be busy duping all you gullible non science oriented simple parents. Gotta work harder on my duping strategies.

Also, Do'C has 2 testimonies in this thread alone that O2 alone did NOTHING but in the chamber RESULTS. But that will not break his resolve as it not not double blind placebo controlled. So parents can tell him that O2 alone did not work but it goes against his theory so it will be ignored so he can promote how greedy doctors are.

The 2 examples were really hoping to save the money so they would not have to buy a chamber, but were obviously duped again as benefits came after being under pressure and not before. Oops I fogot again, parents testimony does't count. Amazing, those parents did EXACLY what the doc was saying O2 at room pressure, but must be confused as they did not see the results. They must have been overlooking them. Maybe Do'C missed reading those posts.

Man I need a better hobby that trying to fight the all knowing Do'C.

It is late and I am tired and getting beyond even wishing to respond to Mr Science. Do'C - take it over to media & politics where the fight is allowed. Please remember in the biomed side the parents like being duped and bashing them for this prefrence is not appreciated.

Maybe in the morning when I am not so cranky I will take out the sarcasm and get back to politely debating Do'C. But I will debate on the Media Board which is where this belongs.

Do'C

Postby Do'C » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:07 am

So parents can tell him that O2 alone did not work but it goes against his theory so it will be ignored so he can promote how greedy doctors are.

Many parents are probably proving that O2 alone may work without even knowing it - those who are using a Vitaeris 320 with an FIO2 of less than 30%.

I don't suggest doctors are greedy. Many are in business for themselves, and they do have to be able to keep the doors open, employees paid, etc. in order to take care of patients. I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't see anything wrong with pointing it out either. Save your "doctors are greedy" straw man, better yet show up with some science. Do you remember, what your brother said?

It does not necessarily matter what I say, because most of you “should say” give us the science.

So, here I am saying "give us the science", and you respond with a drama queen, science-free "wah, Do'C won't take testimonies".
Do'C is a nickname, not a physician.

Do'C

Postby Do'C » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:11 am

You still haven't explained how it, "opens up the detox pathways for those who have a hard time excreting," either.

dgdavis64

Postby dgdavis64 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:34 am

Do'C wrote:I am always considering biomed - not for cure's sake, but to potentially alleviate specific medical issues. Just because I choose not to discuss specifics about my son, does not mean you should assume there aren't any.

It seems as if you've already formed a pretty solid opinion about this treatment DoC.
I can't imagine that as adept as you are at the google search that anyone here on the Biomed section of this forum could give you any information you don't already have access too.
I don't believe for one second that you'd be "considering" biomed for anything. Maybe you'd give the boy a Flintstones vitamin, but that doesn't count now does it?
Certainly you can't say you're actually "considering" mHBOT for your son any more than your hero Kevin would be doing IV chelation with his daughter. Absolutely absurd.
Clearly, this is nothing more than a lame ploy to provoke a debate on this section and you've really crossed the line here.
I hope Moderator Bill locks this thread but maybe that won't be necessary if people just stop talking to you over here now that they "know" what you're up to.
Pardon me while I roll my eyes.

Beware of the pharma trollbot shills posting from anonymous proxy servers

rlneub

Postby rlneub » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:38 am

1.3 Pressure - 2 different conclusions

http://www.netnet.net/mums/McGill2.htm
For Dr. Marois, the second group was not a placebo, but rather a lower dosage of hyperbaric oxygen. We cannot conclude to the inefficiency of the treatment but rather that even a lower dosage of hyperbaric oxygen showed great progress.

http://www.udaan.org/multimode/hbt_1_3ata.html {Same story different comments}

http://www.udaan.org/hbo/lowpressurehbot.html

Again, your point on the biomed side is to breed discontent. Take to to the media & politics side.
Last edited by rlneub on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Do'C

Postby Do'C » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:04 am

Rick, none of what you just provided is science, it's newspaper stories and websites selling mHBOT.

I don't necessarily disagree with Dr. Marois, it is possible that there was benefit. The question is, is that benefit due to increased blood oxygen (which is also achievable with simple O2 therapy), or is there anything to +.29 ATA pressure alone. Never mind that the stories had nothing to do with autism (they were about CP), I'm guessing the increased O2 may have played a role, even at insignificant pressures.

Diane, Pardon me while I roll my eyes. As ususal, you have nothing relevant to the actual subject. Don't worry about Moderator Bill locking the thread, I'll leave. It's clear there won't be any actual science forthcoming about pressure alone at 1.29 ATA anyway.

Goodbye.

Rick, if you guys ever do conduct an O2 only study, I would be interested in hearing about it.

Greg

Postby Greg » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:13 am

Ahh, understood. Sorry for my confusion. No wonder this was making no sense.

I'll just add for those interested that mHBOT does in fact work. After a trial in December, we purchased in February and results continue to come. All positives by the way.

Saying that, it is probably the most expensive, time consuming intervention, but worth all the investments in time, energy, and $$.

I would recommend any parent trying it if at all possible.

Greg

believeinmiker

Postby believeinmiker » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:15 pm

Rick - Thanks for all your answers on this! You have answered my initial questions, and I thank you for your time on this board! Of course I have another question as far as how the HBOT works if you rent a chamber for home.

Does the number of dives depend on each indv. child?
Is there one concrete way of doing this at home? For the parents that are going to attempt this at home ~ what do you tell them?

I just don't know much about it and I am trying to research everything!
My husband at this point is not for it because ofthe ($$$) ~ but I want to iron everything out ahead of time. :wink:

Thanks again in advance for your anwers!
Trish

rlneub

Postby rlneub » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:35 pm

We rent for 30 days. Basically you are shooting for a minimum of 60 hours to a max of 90. If you consider that 90 hours of hbot will come out to about $35 a dive. Most clinics in this area avg 60-100 a dive for mhbot so this is a good savings, but better yet, this protocol has produced the biggest gains in our patients.

The thing with hbot is consistancy and keeping the antioxidants high enough not to cause oxidative stress. Those who get the best response are those that do mhbot consistantly for 30 days. Our office has developed a protocol that has yet to have a regression. We train those who rent and give them this protocol. 10 days into the rental period, we have a consult with the doctor so that he can adjust the protocol based on what he sees happening.

Training is 2 phases. Phase one is learning how to dive a person by operation the chamber from the outside. Example: Husband dives wife and child. Phase 2 is learning how to dive yourself with not one else in the room. The chambers were designed to be operated by only 1 person.

Note: Just so you know the risks. Clinically, 20% of patients who do hbot show little to no gain. Those who do gain as noted on this board see good to fantastic. But should you be in the 20%, it is a lot of time and money. HBOT is not a miracle treatment. But for many it is one of the biggies. As of this time we do not have a way to predict who will/will not respond.

Rainman

Postby Rainman » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:35 pm

Let me just say rick youre an amazing guy :) :) :) :)

i was reading through this post and saw all of the testiomonials from parents

on how you and DR N have tried to help people with asd and am happy your around to help these parents and kids

i wanted to ask do you have any freinds/ loved ones with autism ?

i was always curious about that 8)

i hope you are having a nice day
high functioning Autistic 21 year old

rlneub

Postby rlneub » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:58 pm

I am having a normal type day. It is rainy and I am programming and surfing.

To answer your question, only parents who I have gotten to know from my office who I can call my friends. No relatives that I know of have ASD.

dgdavis64

Postby dgdavis64 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:38 am

Do'C wrote:
Diane,

As ususal, you have nothing relevant to the actual subject.

Goodbye.

Aawww, so sorry to have spoiled all your "fun."

Maybe you should rent a dvd, or start a garden? :lol:

Beware of the pharma trollbot shills posting from anonymous proxy servers

wowsers

Re:

Postby wowsers » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:03 pm

Rick,

I have a totally unrelated question....do you know what type of adhesive to use on a Vitaeris 320 window seal? I have one that is leaking. Would a two part epoxy or fiberglass resin work? Thanks!

rlneub wrote:After monitoring over 20,000 hours of hbot and treating over 450 kids and only mb12 has better effect, I stand by this statement.

Examples by people on this board alone.

viewtopic.php?t=7979&highlight=hbot
viewtopic.php?t=7210&highlight=hbot
viewtopic.php?t=7772&highlight=hbot
http://toyou-myamazingson.blogspot.com/

If your child is a gut kid, hbot kills anerobic bacteria. Opens up the detox pathways for those who have a hard time excreting. Spec scans show increased brain activity. What is not to like?

rlneub

Re: rick -hbot question

Postby rlneub » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:07 pm

Yes I do but there are some risks. Call me to discuss. 732-726-1222

M-F 8-11 or 1-4

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”