any indians

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

gaurav

any indians

Postby gaurav » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:40 pm

if there are any people from india or indians on this message forum

I need some help re?garding indian dishes and GFCF/SCD aspects of them.

also if anybody is getting treatment from DAN Doctor in India
where to get chelation, HBOT etc done in India ?
WE SHALL OVERCOME.....

Dani

Postby Dani » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:40 pm

I'm not Indian but I know there's a Yahoo group for Indians who have children with autism. I saw it on Yahoo once when I was going through various Yahoo groups. Do you want me to find the link for the group?

There are also various Indian American parents on the big Yahoo boards like Autism-Mercury, MB12Valtrex, TACA, etc. You want want to join those boards, if you haven't already, and ask them for more advice.

ratna

Postby ratna » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:22 pm

Hi Gaurav, I am from India.My son is on GFCF diet.We live in US So I don't know much about DAN practitioners in India.If you need any help I would be glad to do it.

Dani

Postby Dani » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:05 am

gaurav - I don't know if you have visited Generation Rescue's website. It has lists of parents both here and abroad who are experienced in the biomed approach. I looked up India on the list and there is one person listed. Perhaps you might contact her. Here's the link. http://www.generationrescue.org/angels. ... ntry=India

Here's the autismIndia link. http://in.groups.yahoo.com/group/Autism ... dir&slk=11

Here's a list of DAN practitioners abroad. http://www.autismwebsite.com/practition ... ign_lc.htm

Hope that helps. :wink:

sidsdad

Hi Gaurav, I am an Indian and in the same boat as you.

Postby sidsdad » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Hi Gaurav,
I am from India but based in california, US. I come from Delhi. I do not think they have a DAN doctor in India but most of the supplements are readily available in India too. we have a 11 yr old with autism and have gone thru these battles in India and US. Let me know if I can of any help.

all the best - you are not alone in this ! my dear friend. Fortunately, this unfortunate problem that we are facing are common to many people across the globe who are challenged by this disorder. so everyone can help in some way or the other.

best regards
sidsdad. :)

Nikosmom

Postby Nikosmom » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Our PT is from India. Her Aunt runs a school for Autism over there. I am not sure in which city you are. I can ask for more info for biomed or other resources if you would like.
Best Wishes!
Niko- Age 4.3 Recovered from ASD
Ilianna- Age 2.10 Recovered from PDD-NOS and Severe Gut problems

gaurav

Postby gaurav » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:05 am

I have shifted my family to new delhi for treatment of my child.

We are taking homeopathic medicine from one Dr. Ketan patel

and also have shown him at UDAAN Centre run by Dr. Arun Mukherjee of Majeedia Hospital, New Delhi. he is keen to follow on DAN protocol.

The test results have just come and we are waiting for an appointment with them.

During last 3 months,, my wife also took a course in Behaviour therapy at Action for Autism, New delhi. now she takes one hour sessions with our child daily.

We feel there is a improvement since we started on this path.
WE SHALL OVERCOME.....

Pooojya

Re: any indians

Postby Pooojya » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi Gaurav

Please update on Ketan Patel Treatment.

Shivam123

Postby Shivam123 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:07 am

Hi Puja , my son is 3 yrs old with ASD and he is on homeopathic medicine from Ketan Patel for 1 year . And we did not notice any improvement and we are stopping his treatment now. I am not sure you ever talk with him but he does not want to listen your side , ignore all the lab work and result or any concern. He gives same meds every 4 months without making necessary changes based on lab work or behaviour. Also you needs to be proactive for atleast month in advance to get your medicine from him , not because he is very busy but he is very unprofessional and talk with you for 1-2 minutes and send same meds. We are now starting Dr.Vikas Sharma therapy.

Ansh

Postby Ansh » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi
I wanted to know review about Dr Vikas sharma treatment for Autism.
If anybody had taken his treatment do let me know the results.

Hopeful3

Postby Hopeful3 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:14 am

Hi
We shifted to FLORIDA from India 3 months back. I have a 4 year old son who might be on the spectrum. He was under going OT and ST in india .

There were some issues which were observed in school in India and daycare here too . He doesn't interact with peers at all and has a lot of echolalia too.

I want to check how to proceed here in US. Do we need any official assessment here or services from school district be enough at this point?

How will the diagnosis help otherwise ? Totally lost with the kind of waitlists here. Can someone guide us ?

Thanks a lot.

Shivam123

Postby Shivam123 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:27 am

Ansh wrote:Hi
I wanted to know review about Dr Vikas sharma treatment for Autism.
If anybody had taken his treatment do let me know the results.

We tried for almost a year but didnt see any improvement and compare to other homeopath who disclose remedies and plan and rational for choosing specific remedy ,Dr. Sharma didnt tell which remedy he was giving us , so we stopped after a year.

Shivam123

Postby Shivam123 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:29 am

Hopeful3 wrote:Hi
We shifted to FLORIDA from India 3 months back. I have a 4 year old son who might be on the spectrum. He was under going OT and ST in india .

There were some issues which were observed in school in India and daycare here too . He doesn't interact with peers at all and has a lot of echolalia too.

I want to check how to proceed here in US. Do we need any official assessment here or services from school district be enough at this point?

How will the diagnosis help otherwise ? Totally lost with the kind of waitlists here. Can someone guide us ?

Thanks a lot.

Here in US , in order to get goverment benefit you need to follow the process depending on state it may vary. Just call the school district and they will guide you with more detail. You can get diagnosis from pediatrician or neurologist in order to get medical treatment through insurance like speech or OT but most of school district has their own diagnosis process they called academic autism vs medical autism. Good luck

Floridamom

Postby Floridamom » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:10 pm

We also tried with Dr Vikas Sharma from chandigard also Alan Freestone from UK but we have not noticed any improvments.
Please let me know as well any genuine homeopaths with whom anyone got benefitted.
My son is not gonna be 5 years we have been taking Homeopath treatment for 1 year but nothing changed. He is going regulat ABA therapy, OT and SL.
He is not hyper active and have a very good memory, but he is not initiating Language has good speech and vocabulary, but space out from time to time and does not pay attention.

Any suggesion is welsome he only eat wheat tortillas we never tried GFCF.

Always Hopeful ..

Regards,

Florida Mom

wheelsonbus

Postby wheelsonbus » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi Floridamom,

It's for the first time in last 1 year that I have seen someone exactly in my shoes. My son just turned 4 , is verbal , has no physical or motor movements problems, very good memory and vocabulary and a lot of echolalia aka verbal swimming . He is not initiating language no matter how hard we try. He has been on ABA for an year now and has started OT twice a week for last 2 months. We are trying gfcf too now because nothing seems to work which we have tried so far.

Thanks

miraclev25

Postby miraclev25 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:18 am

Hi

my son is same as yours 3Y.10 months now,

verbal,
toilet trained
eye contact (50 % of time)
no appropriate play
lining up toys

we are intensely trying with diet and supplements.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”