High Estrogen Levels, Low Testosterone Levels in My Son

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Ynot

High Estrogen Levels, Low Testosterone Levels in My Son

Postby Ynot » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:23 pm

We just got our spit test back and for the second time in a year it shows very high Estrogen (over 100, between 38 and 68 is for a female between 40 and 49 years old, 100 isn't even on the chart) in our 6YO son. Testosterone is 31 (again, not on the chart, we should be between 70 and 135).

What can we do to lower the one and raise the other? We cut out all plastic and have always always been strict SCD with lots of supplements, HBOT, and Chelation every 3 weeks. We even replaced his water and now he only drinks from the reverse osmosis tap. We're currently taking DIM (diindolylmethane) and Grape fruit Pectin to lower the estrogen, but it's done nothing for us in the 8 months we've been on it.

As a note we've made huge strides in all other areas including socialization (with the help of intensive ABA) He's high on the spectrum, mainstreamed in 1st grade and very intelligent. He has minor issues now and then, but that means that he's either gotten something he shouldn't have or didn't get something he needed.

Thanks for any help

mibrielle

Postby mibrielle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:45 pm

Where did you test for hormone levels? I've been thinking of doing this for my son...
As far as avoiding estrogens, I know that parabens (additive in shampoos and lots of other products) are one thing that mimics estrogen. There are other chemicals that have an estrogen effect as well - google "xenoestrogens" to find more info.
mibrielle

Nikosmom

Postby Nikosmom » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:12 pm

Did you remove soy??
Niko- Age 4.3 Recovered from ASD
Ilianna- Age 2.10 Recovered from PDD-NOS and Severe Gut problems

Ynot

Postby Ynot » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:57 am

Nikosmom,
We don't do soy and actually never have. Good thought though.

mibrielle,
We went through "Diagnos-Techs, Inc" in Tukwila, WA 425-251-0596. I'll research "xenoestrogens". Shampoo? We're using a generic baby shampoo, so I'll have to look into that. Thanks a bunch.

luis

Re: High Estrogen Levels, Low Testosterone Levels in My Son

Postby luis » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Bump.

Has anyone done such a test ? What were the results, please ?

(As for the answer from the author's question, 8 years ago, it could be the drug Aromasin, that blocks the enzyme aromatase, which converts testosterone into estrogen.)

Any answers welcome.
Last edited by luis on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

raun cesar

Re: High Estrogen Levels, Low Testosterone Levels in My Son

Postby raun cesar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:14 am

Have you tried seeking second opinion from other doc

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”