What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwise

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Willsmom

Postby Willsmom » Fri May 01, 2009 10:36 pm

Updated as of March 30, 2010

*Diet CFGFSF & organic.

*14 mos. IV CaEDTA/vit. C/glutathione chelation w/ DMSA follow-up suppositories.

*9 rounds of AC chelation with oral DMSA & ALA

*Diflucan

*Advanced Biociden (love his stuff)

*NT preschool

*Taking regular ATEC tests to chart progress.
Last edited by Willsmom on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dabaxter

Re:

Postby dabaxter » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:53 pm

dabaxter wrote:Top gainers in order:
1. GF/CF/EF diet.
2. Carnosine-GABA combo. (Biggest Wow)
3. ABA
4. Genetic testing/switching from Methyl-B12 shots to Hydroxyl B-12 shots. (Noticeable change in direction for the better)
5. Diflucan back to back to back.
6. CLO and grapeseed extract/pycnogenol combo.

We've done a lot of the other common DAN treatements as well, such as CaEDTA chelation and HBOT.

We've added oral LDN since and it has been a "wow" for us. It would have to be number 3 or tied with number 2 on our list. Everyone should try it, IMO.
$5 off iherb.com. Use:REW815/$5 off pureformulas.com Use:RJNXCX

FuzzyOne

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwise

Postby FuzzyOne » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:00 pm

i can update our list too.

we've been under the care of dr. krigsman (GI doctor) and our son is on:

1) prednisolone
2) entocort
3) elemental diet

and for fear that everyone thinks i am a sales person for dr. krigsman - i'm not - we're just REALLY happy with what treating our son's gut issues aggressively has brought :wink:

this combination has by far brought the biggest improvements than anything we have seen to date.

we start intensive ABA on wednesday, though, so maybe i'll be update again (i hope!).

OneRockAtATime

Postby OneRockAtATime » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:44 pm

1. LiverLife LiverLife LiverLife this helped my son in so many ways. Stopped a lot of sensory issues and made his and my life so much easier.
2. CytoFlora I love this stuff brought on speech. Not a ton but any was better then none.
3. <Name removed by demand of the manufacturer to prevent potentially false product claims> helped with teeth grinding as did a few other things but this is one of the few good tasting suppliments.
4. Being in class with NT peers has been wonderful for my son.
5. Melatonin did not work for my child with Autism but it has been a real winner for my ADHD son who takes stimulants. My son has gotten so much healthier and now we are using Melatonin for sleep yeahhh!
6. THIS GROUP HAS PROBABLY BEEN THE MOST HELPFUL THING I COULD HAVE EVER COME ACROSS. I CAN'T THANK ALL OF YOU ENOUGH FOR ALL THE TIME AND HELP AND ADVICE.

Also wanted to edit to add that an AntiViral Protocal has brought my son's Platelets down by 200,000
Acetyl L-Carnitine helped him greatly in understanding speech.
Zinc is wonderful now that we have the right stuff.
Vit-D has helped with him getting sick all the time.
Last edited by OneRockAtATime on Sat May 01, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:33 pm

I wanted to bump this in case anyone had trouble searching for it or wanted to update it.
$5 off iherb.com. Use:REW815/$5 off pureformulas.com Use:RJNXCX

BlearyEyedAlchemist

Postby BlearyEyedAlchemist » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:05 pm

I'm updating mine now too:

Prednilisone
Entocort
HBOT
Floortime
NT School
CaEDTA and GSH

Willsmom

Re:

Postby Willsmom » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Willsmom on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sara

Postby sara » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:25 am

Our girl is progressing very well and is a different child since we started biomed, however she is still not conversational at this point, meaning that I can not ask her questions and get the answers from her. Her sentences are 4-5 words and she has a very good vocabulary. She requests what she wants with no problem. She is very affectionate child(kisses, hugs) and in general great kid with excellent gross motor skills. She is very smart and goes to regular day care.

Major challenges that we still didn't figure out: visual stims - she often looks out of the corners of her eyes - we are planning to try Bethanechole very soon. Conversation - don't know what else I can do for this. Explosive behavior - gets frustrated very easy but for a short period of time like 2-3 mins the most - not sure how I can help with this one.

A year ago we were afraid that is it and she will be mentally disabled for the rest of her life. And after one year of biomed I am very hopeful now that in another year or two we will recover her!

Our Best interventions:

1.the absolute best intervention is chelation with IV DMPS/EDTA - was dumping lots of lead and some mercury - started calling me Mama after the first injection
2.infrared sauna plus NDF+ - helped to get rid of metals with only 5 injections - did every other day while chelating
3.mB12
3.mHBOT plus lots of Vit C and Acai juice - looking back I would do chelation first and then mHBOT
4.CYTOFLORA - miracle supplement - no undigested food in stool anymore, no diaria/constipation, helps with yeast
5.Liver Life
6.AOR Orthomind - contains Vinpocetine, Ginko, Citicholine and others good for brain activity
7. CF/GF helped to get rid of brain fog within 2 weeks with continued improvements for over 4-5 months
8.enzymes
9.Acetyl Carnitine
10.sugar free diet
11.Carnosine helped with language but stopped because of hyperactivity

Right now we continue with IV Glutathione, and 2 weeks into Viral protocol OLE + Virastop(so far noticed that eczema is disappearing on her arms) - we also see another boost in cognition and a little more language.

Future interventions: want to try Bethanechole for visual stims, LDN, and super bio Enhansa - ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!

ABA did nothing for our child and I regret that I spent so much money on it when she basically was not ready for it. She is ready for ABA now, but we can not afford it. I do as much floor time as I can myself.

OneRockAtATime

Postby OneRockAtATime » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Ginko and Acetyl L-Carnitine I have seen this mentioned a few times by a couple different people. I read in a book on suppliments that giving them together can be dangerous to I think it said making blood pressure high. So here is my question as it was not extreamly clear. Do you not give them at the same time or did all of you give them at different times during working on your children? I really want to try Ginko but I can so see the difference with the ALC I don't want to give that one up. My son does not have blood pressure problems just a side note. Any ideas?

sara

Postby sara » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:37 pm

I never read about this...I will have to investigate now... I always research any new supplement I give to my child, and I never came across this info. We give Orthomind before meal and Carnitine after, so it is about 1 hour in between. I will monitor her blood pressure over weekend and let you know.

OneRockAtATime

Postby OneRockAtATime » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:30 pm

Yeah I gotten a bunch of books from the library and read up on a bunch of different suppliments. These 2 fall under a similar catigory so they mentioned them together and that giving them at the same time can be dangerous. It just did not say anything as clear as what you would expect to read. Was it that you should not give at same time or both at all. IDK

OneRockAtATime

Postby OneRockAtATime » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:39 am

Oh hey I wanted to mention I found a suppliment that actually has them both in it. That being said not all suppliments are good. The book I also am sure was written before our children started taking over the world. I really want to try this suppliment cause it has many good things someone else posted it and I had it book marked in Favorites. So I don't have a good answer I so want to try Ginko.

http://www.vrp.com/ProductPage.aspx?ProdID=2190

engagements

Postby engagements » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:31 pm

1. Moved out of a moldy apartment
2. Liver life DS stopped crying all day long
3. Enhansa made yeast not such a major problem, better cognition
4. nystatin started this when DS was one on it for a year while I was figuring things out this kept us at pdd-nos
5. Carosine, magnesium, taurine language gain, pointed us in direction of possible seizures
6. cytoflora, fermented veggies no aggression with these
7. DMSA AC steady progress.
~God is doing a thousand things in one thing~
http://www.donteatus.com/

Dani

Postby Dani » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm bumping this up in case anyone wants to update their responses or if a new person wants to post.
I didn't know how strong I could be until I had to be.

mimicry

Postby mimicry » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Dani wrote:I'm bumping this up in case anyone wants to update their responses or if a new person wants to post.

Thanks! I've been poking around and asking questions and I didn't see this.

I'm not a biomed mom, but we've had alot of progress with the following:

1) OT, OT, OT
2) probiotics
3) geared toys for sensory integration, and the biggest one of all, the TRAMPOLINE, great for proprioceptive and vestibular
4) Preschool (amazing for social, went from avoiding kids to playing side by side to actively engaging other kids in 3 months)
5) PEC (picture exchange communication) removed 90% of the stress and crying from our days
6) Essential oil, deep pressure massages (a little bit homeopathy, a little bit OT)

Can you tell we have really big sensory issues? =)

FuzzyOne

Postby FuzzyOne » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm

thanks for bumping Dani! i updated my list on page 1 and i have to say - WOW! we are in a totally different place than we were when i first submitted my favorites. i look at some of the things on my initial list and can't even remember why i thought they were helping so much! it also makes me want to retry some of them :lol: interesting stuff...

MildCaseDad

Postby MildCaseDad » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Here's what a survey from the Autism Research Institute found:
http://www.autism.com/treatable/form34qr.htm

Chelation had the most responses for "got better", exceeding MB-12, HBOT, etc.

slesage

Postby slesage » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:57 pm

We have been at this for 10 months... Our son used to stand at the top of the stairs and cry when anybody came over. Now he opens the door fo them :P We still have way to go and we have had bumps in the road, but I think we are on our way. My son now talks, most of his sensory issues are going away (still pop up during die-off), some days we are pretty spacy, working on conversation, anxiety in slowly diminshing... 10 Months ago therapy wasn't a option, but now he loves it....

1. Probiotics
2. MB12 (stopped the constant repeating)
3. Carnasine
4. gfcfsf and sugar free (added fermented Veggies)
5. Amino Acid supplements
6. ABA
7. Fish oils
8. Enhansa (I am sure this is going to be moved up, but going through dieoff right now so I am not sure I have seen all the benefits from it)
Just started Chleation so hopefully that we will see benefits from that soon :P

This board is one of my best interventions. Thanks you all :P

Stacy

SleepingUnderStars

Postby SleepingUnderStars » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:25 pm

We have only been in the game six months, but for us it has been:

GFCF
Liver Life
Cytoflora
B12 shots
Candex
liquid vits/mins
probiotics

Dylynn

Postby Dylynn » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:56 pm

This is great information.

Our top interventions have been:
mHBOT
Chelation - Detoxamin EDTA suppositories (we are doing a trial of oral DMSA, did 3 rounds but liked EDTA better as far as I can tell so far)
Casein Free - initially gave us words (but he ended up losing them again)

We have tried so much but so far these are the only things that have shown promise, I want to see a good GI doctor and see if steroids might help, also, trying an Antiviral protocol is high on our list of to do next...

What didn't work
NAET/BioSET
Enhansa (may trial again since we have it)
LDN
Chiropractic Adjustments
Son - Somewhere on the Spectrum

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”