Transfer Factor - Anybody had "wow"s from this?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:36 pm

$5 off iherb.com. Use:REW815/$5 off pureformulas.com Use:RJNXCX

FuzzyOne

Re: Transfer Factor - Anybody had "wow"s from this?

Postby FuzzyOne » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:14 pm

we are using transfer factor (my son has an immune deficiency). he currently gets one capsule daily. no big wows yet. one of our DANs is advising us to get him up to 4 capsules (with the possibility of going even higher over time). we will be increasing the dosage over the next month. i'll update this thread as we go.

if you do it, please keep me posted!

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:54 pm

dabaxter wrote:Transfer Factor - Anybody had "wow"s from this?

Transfer factor is to help the immune system
what "wows" were you expecting ?

WD
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

FuzzyOne

Postby FuzzyOne » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:35 pm

williams_dad wrote:
dabaxter wrote:Transfer Factor - Anybody had "wow"s from this?

Transfer factor is to help the immune system
WD

if a child has immune issues, and those issues are addressed, than it's not uncalled for to expect positive gains. just like addressing any deficiency...

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:44 am

williams_dad wrote:Transfer factor is to help the immune system
WD

I wasn't expecting anything, just fact finding. I wanted to know if anybody else has had luck with this.

However, LDN for example, was a "wow" for us and is an immune modulator/booster.

Dylynn

Postby Dylynn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:36 pm

We are about a month into LDN with nothing good or bad to speak of, when did you start to notice the improvements? and what were they? TIA!!
Son - Somewhere on the Spectrum

RecoveringNicholas

Postby RecoveringNicholas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:22 am

Transfer factor has been good here. My son gets 6 caps a day and when I can afford to add more, he will be at 3 caps 3x a day. It has really helped with allergies - and he rarely catches any bugs anymore. We did see a difference with using it (I was not going to keep it on board without it doing something because of the cost). Also seeing less allergies from adding Ambrotose as well, so that may be something to keep in mind.
Recoveringnicholas.com
iherb.com $5 off TUM744

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:04 am

RecoveringNicholas wrote:Transfer factor has been good here. My son gets 6 caps a day and when I can afford to add more, he will be at 3 caps 3x a day. It has really helped with allergies - and he rarely catches any bugs anymore. We did see a difference with using it (I was not going to keep it on board without it doing something because of the cost). Also seeing less allergies from adding Ambrotose as well, so that may be something to keep in mind.

RN,
Do you think it also had an impact on behavior?

dgdavis64

Postby dgdavis64 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:41 am

We have also used this off and on with other types of colostrum. Kirkman's and we also are using a brand from iherb.com of goat's colostrum. Considering that both my kids are positive for Lyme disease, I think this has helped keep them healthy and I'm really glad now that it's always been a "staple" supplement.

When my dd gets sick, her behavior and mood change for the worse. This past winter, we battled strep for a long time and it was really hard to tell if the strep was back, she was just in a bad mood or what. She does tell me now when I ask her if she's in pain etc. she previously was not very good at conveying the physical issues. But now, she usually will tell me without my asking. Here is another immune booster bacteria zapper that William's Dad was kind enough to share. I'm waiting for the shipment and will let you know how I like it:

http://www.honeymarkproducts.com/manuka ... oduct.aspx

Beware of the pharma trollbot shills posting from anonymous proxy servers

RecoveringNicholas

Postby RecoveringNicholas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:44 pm

dabaxter wrote:
RecoveringNicholas wrote:Transfer factor has been good here. My son gets 6 caps a day and when I can afford to add more, he will be at 3 caps 3x a day. It has really helped with allergies - and he rarely catches any bugs anymore. We did see a difference with using it (I was not going to keep it on board without it doing something because of the cost). Also seeing less allergies from adding Ambrotose as well, so that may be something to keep in mind.

RN,
Do you think it also had an impact on behavior?

Yes, this was one of the ones that we started, he was on for a week or two, and we looked at each other and said, "he's different again" - and different in a good way - like he climbed another rung on that ladder towards recovery. Generally, when we say this, it's because it seems like all of a sudden everything about him is different. He's happier, calmer, more focused, more compliant, more words, more conversational than before, etc.

Generally, with supplements I decide to keep on board, I generally have to have good reason to and this one in particular because of the cost.

If anyone is going to try it, I would highly suggest dedicating 3 weeks to a month at a good dose where you add/change nothing else so you can truly see if it's something your child needs.
Recoveringnicholas.com
iherb.com $5 off TUM744

akhdan

Postby akhdan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Hi Recovering Nicholas, Which one are you using?

RecoveringNicholas

Postby RecoveringNicholas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:18 am

This was the one I used: 4Life Transfer Factor Tri-Factor Formula

Hope this is helpful!
Recoveringnicholas.com
iherb.com $5 off TUM744

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”