High Zinc and Speech

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

dabaxter

Re: High Zinc and Speech

Postby dabaxter » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:35 pm

Genni,
Are you folks using Carnosine?
I think this is a hint that Carnosine would be a speech gainer for you. Yasko uses it to improve the zinc/copper ratio.
$5 off iherb.com. Use:REW815/$5 off pureformulas.com Use:RJNXCX

bookwurm

Postby bookwurm » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:18 pm

I think this is a hint that Carnosine would be a speech gainer for you.

Yes, Carnosine is suspected to work, in part, by countering copper levels, which is what zinc also does.

gennighia

Postby gennighia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:50 pm

We haven't been using carnosine yet, but I think I may be adding it to our growing list of things to make him take!
--genni

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Wed May 17, 2017 9:01 pm

be very careful giving zinc, no more than 15-20mg per day
it can and will cause anemia
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

ChennaiMom

Postby ChennaiMom » Mon May 29, 2017 8:53 am

This has happened for my DD, we increased the dosage of zinc to 25. Her ferritin levels fell drastically. Any suggestions how to get around this problem as both her ferritin and zinc levels are lower.

fay

Postby fay » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:40 pm

at what age should we start the zinc? what is the best and reliable source?

mommy4ev

Postby mommy4ev » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Does transdermal zinc lower iron levels?

DanceProphecy

Postby DanceProphecy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:26 am

I'm not that sure if Zinc does help for speech. I know therapy works better and interaction with people is also effective way.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:22 pm

I didn't see zinc helps on speech, but i have to say it really helps on food. My son has 30mg zinc every day since last December. He was really fuzzy about food, only eats white rice, meat and potato, no more. But now he eats all the vegetables even kale, salad, cabbage, leek and he loves garlic :)
No problem with supplements intake, he could gets them from bottle and take with water by himself. NAC smells crazy but no problem for him at all.

anything is good on speech? we had speech gains with valtrex but stop right now for kidney issue.

fighting_dad

Postby fighting_dad » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:20 am

i-jerry wrote:I didn't see zinc helps on speech, but i have to say it really helps on food. My son has 30mg zinc every day since last December. He was really fuzzy about food, only eats white rice, meat and potato, no more. But now he eats all the vegetables even kale, salad, cabbage, leek and he loves garlic :)
No problem with supplements intake, he could gets them from bottle and take with water by himself. NAC smells crazy but no problem for him at all.

anything is good on speech? we had speech gains with valtrex but stop right now for kidney issue.

i-jerry,
What form of zinc you had been giving. Also, which brand?

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:00 pm

fighting_dad wrote:
i-jerry wrote:I didn't see zinc helps on speech, but i have to say it really helps on food. My son has 30mg zinc every day since last December. He was really fuzzy about food, only eats white rice, meat and potato, no more. But now he eats all the vegetables even kale, salad, cabbage, leek and he loves garlic :)

i-jerry,
What form of zinc you had been giving. Also, which brand?

Dr give us https://uk.iherb.com/pr/Thorne-Research ... Caps/18476
30 mg per day

and I also use https://uk.iherb.com/pr/Doctor-s-Best-Z ... -Caps/2467

i think the first one is good for detox and 2nd one is good for GI system.

my son has zinc 30mg per day since last December. His hair colour from black (we are chinese) turn to dark brown. But overall is very good, he eats every thing now.

Manuka

Postby Manuka » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi Genni,

It's interesting to know that your son is benefiting from Zinc. We successfully used Zinc few years back and it was our aha moment. I do remember one of the dr telling me that you have to give dosage of Zn at an optimal level and much higher could have an impact on seizure threshold. We had a regression so have been off any biomed for few years ...but wanted to try Zn again.

Would you be able to share what Zn you use i.e. ( citrate, picolonqte, sulphate) and what brand.

Thanks,
Manuka

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”