Lutimax Luteolin Supplement

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

dabaxter

Lutimax Luteolin Supplement

Postby dabaxter » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:41 am

Anybody tried this yet?
I had planned on adding in supplements containing small amounts of Luteolin, such as artichoke and hawthorn extract, because there was no Luteolin supplement. Now there's one out there, but it's really really pricey at $70. Anybody tried it or found another Luteolin supplement?

http://www.lutimax.com/
$5 off iherb.com. Use:REW815/$5 off pureformulas.com Use:RJNXCX

Kastania

Re: Lutimax Luteolin Supplement

Postby Kastania » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:08 am

I've been reading some parent feedback on this supplement which apparently helps with inflammation. It is based on similar principles to Neuroprotek. Has anyone tried it and if so, any feedback?

Thanks

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:37 am

If I could find a supplement that had just Luteolin in it, I would definitely try it.

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:03 pm

dabaxter, this site has both separate luteolin and rutin powders. The company is called Beyond a Century.

http://www.easycart.net/BeyondACenturyInc./Herbals_K-O.html#8570/

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Tue May 03, 2011 2:14 pm

I've been using Lutimax pediatric powder for a couple of weeks now. My daughter is showing better focus, speech and is calmer on it. It's similar to Neuroprotek but without the quercetin. A number of parents were saying good things about it on several of the yahoo groups I belong to, so I decided to try it, given that we do well on celery juice.

For anyone interested, here's the link:

http://www.lutimax.com/order3.asp

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Tue May 03, 2011 7:47 pm

I'm sure there was a discussion recently about it
will have a look around

WD

EDIT
have a look here
http://spectrumsleuth.10.forumer.com/vi ... .php?t=242
celery and green peppers are the go on this one
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Thu May 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Kastania wrote:dabaxter, this site has both separate luteolin and rutin powders. The company is called Beyond a Century.

You found some. Awsome! Thanks. I wish it was in capsules. I guess I can't afford to be too picky.

http://www.easycart.net/BeyondACenturyI ... //8570.jpg

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Thu May 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Kastania wrote:I've been using Lutimax pediatric powder for a couple of weeks now. My daughter is showing better focus, speech and is calmer on it. It's similar to Neuroprotek but without the quercetin. A number of parents were saying good things about it on several of the yahoo groups I belong to, so I decided to try it, given that we do well on celery juice.

For anyone interested, here's the link:

http://www.lutimax.com/order3.asp

K,
Thanks for the feedback. Is the only active ingredient in it Luteolin?

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Thu May 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Not sure what to make of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iauhfJ00avQ

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Fri May 06, 2011 4:46 am

I've seen those videos as well and don't know what to think. They are encouraging but like most parents I now take reports of amazing progress with a big grain of salt. I started looking at this supplement for a few reasons, though. My daughter's best progress comes from anti-inflammatories and immune modulators, the problem is that most anti-inflammatories have side effects she cannot tolerate. Very frustrating.

The pediatric Lutimax contains luteolin and no fillers. At one point, I was giving my daughter three glasses of fresh juice a day which contained vegetables high in luteolin and she was doing much better. I then looked into Neuroprotek, but it contains quercetin which sometimes causes absence seizures for us, so I then looked at Lutimax. I have to say, the combination of Lutimax, Enhansa, Boswellia and Advanced Inflammatory Control from VRP is doing terrific things for us.

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Fri May 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Wow. I'm glad to hear it. Please keep us posted on what you see.

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Mon May 30, 2011 9:38 pm

How's this going, Kastania? Are you still seeing gains?

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Tue May 31, 2011 4:27 am

I really like Lutimax - my daughter is just better on it, better eye contact, improved speech; we will stay on this.

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:24 pm

O.K., I have to say that this is one amazing supplement. We've been using the Lutimax Pediatric Powder and it has been doing very good things for my daughter, particularly in the area of dyspraxia and speech. It is supposed to decrease brain and gut inflammation. I give it with No-Fenol as it supposed to be very phenolic and it has stirred up yeast big time - my daughter is also having peeing accidents with it, so I am decreasing other anti-inflammatories we are on to reduce detox load. I have never used another supplement like this. The reason I started it was that I read luteolin is found in celery juice and my daughter always did great on celery juice, but many days I just did not have time to make it.

I am still researching this supplement - I read somewhere that it is a phyto-estrogen and am trying to find out what that implies. Also, on a yahoo group I frequent, some parents give this with a surfactant(?) and MSM to reduce side effects. Even though this is a natural supplement, it is very strong, start with a tiny amount.

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:30 pm

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:05 am

I am bumping this up because I am really impressed with this supplement and I want other parents to have a look. Please look at the video and the last article I posted about what effect it has on microglial inflammation. This stuff brings down inflammation - for my daughter it has had the same effect as when she was on Prednisolone and even better. We have been on it for about a month and the changes have been completely unexpected.

I don't mean to be a pain, but this is very exciting for me!

SleepingUnderStars

Postby SleepingUnderStars » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:18 pm

That is great news! I get excited when I know something is working too!

What dosage did you start on? The pediatric Lutimax says it can be started as low as 1/4 teaspoon. How quickly did you ramp up on dosage?

Thanks!

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:21 pm

I started even lower than this, like 1/20th of a teaspoon if that's possible and added a tiny bit every day. This is really potent stuff, for us, at least. We are now steady on 1/4 tspn once a day - I know other parents use more, but this is as much as my daughter can tolerate.

I hope your child does well on Lutimax! Please keep us posted how you do.

sprohaska

Postby sprohaska » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:58 pm

Mine came with instructions to dose 4 times daily on an empty stomach for maximum results. Is anyone doing this ... just curious.

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:05 am

Kastania wrote:I am bumping this up because I am really impressed with this supplement and I want other parents to have a look. Please look at the video and the last article I posted about what effect it has on microglial inflammation. This stuff brings down inflammation - for my daughter it has had the same effect as when she was on Prednisolone and even better. We have been on it for about a month and the changes have been completely unexpected.

I don't mean to be a pain, but this is very exciting for me!

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm am going to order some of the capsules. What is your dose in mg and how much does your child weigh?

Are you still seeing as much progress, even after dropping the other supplements?

Are you chelating while on this?

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”