Lutimax Luteolin Supplement

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

i-jerry

Re: Lutimax Luteolin Supplement

Postby i-jerry » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:42 am

Does anyone knows how can i buy it from UK?

majadj

Postby majadj » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:56 am

My daughter is 12 years old (ASD). Speech is poor. Easy sensory overload; no SIB; not aggressive.
I've been using combination of PEA and BrainGain for 3 weeks:
PEApure 2x200mg + 1 caps of BrainGain (Berberine, Biotin, Folinic, Hydroxytyrosol, Luteolin, Olive Oil, Selenium)

The first think I`ve noticed is regular bowel movements.
Second, she is much happier. Without giggling, stable happy.
Third - different intonations of some words - more spontaneous tone in her speech.

Theoharides says that it takes 6 months for the full effect.

Is there anyone else using Brain Gain?
Should I give more than 1 caps ?

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:44 am

majadj wrote:My daughter is 12 years old (ASD). Speech is poor. Easy sensory overload; no SIB; not aggressive.
I've been using combination of PEA and BrainGain for 3 weeks:
PEApure 2x200mg + 1 caps of BrainGain (Berberine, Biotin, Folinic, Hydroxytyrosol, Luteolin, Olive Oil, Selenium)

The first think I`ve noticed is regular bowel movements.
Second, she is much happier. Without giggling, stable happy.
Third - different intonations of some words - more spontaneous tone in her speech.

Theoharides says that it takes 6 months for the full effect.

Is there anyone else using Brain Gain?
Should I give more than 1 caps ?

BrainGain contains Berberine. Goldenseal also contains Berberine. Most sources don't recommend taking Goldenseal for more than 10-14 days. It is hard to find the answer why and whether this restriction applies to Berberine or some other alkaloid in Goldenseal. My own research discovered that Berberine is neurotoxic, it increases sensitivity of NMDA receptors to glutamate, exacerbates neurodegeneration, causes mitochondia swelling and oxidative stress. In some cases it can cause seizures. May be that is the reason why (death of neurons, seizures). Just beware. You may want to contact the manufacturer and ask if they think it is OK to take BrainGain longer than 2 weeks and specifically about Berberine. I discovered that my son always improves on Goldenseal (probably due to NMDA activation), but it eventually leads to higher irritability due to blood-sugar-lowering effect of Berberine. I never gave it for longer than 2 weeks.

majadj

Postby majadj » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:27 am

Thank you, Fo2.
I suppose that the dose makes a different. Standard supplements contains 500-1000 mg of berberine (couldn't find the dose in Goldenseal).
In BrainGain the dose is 42mg.

…Knowing the fact that penetration of Berberine into the nervous system is high, these adverse effects can be harmful for the human beings…

http://www.tritolonen.fi/files/pdf/Berb ... ration.pdf

After all, I won't change the dose - only 1 capsule...

nautygarcon

Postby nautygarcon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:30 pm

luis wrote:
FatherOf2 wrote:We are still using it at 1 teaspoon 3x/day. Some early gains faded away, but some are kept, like adding "mommy" or "daddy" to requests, less echolalia, better response to commands. No negatives so far. It's become part of our base supplements (those that we don't change). L-Carnitine (not acetyl) is another good one for speech and awareness.

Good ! Since the benefits are cumulative, it should be doing its job, although not in a "spectacular" way.

I see that you are using a dosage 4 times greater than the label. Your son probably don't have phenolic issues.

I've tried it in the past, without noticeable gains, and will start it again today. In the past many things didn't work for my son, but nowadays he is on a better condition and maybe it could work better. I 'll have to use MSM along with it, because my son reacts to phenols.

Hi,

I'm thinking about MSM and lutimax for my son (he's 3 years old) and I just saw your post. May I ask the reason to use MSM along with lutimax ? My son reacts to phenols as well and sometimes I give him no-fenol with. I've tried twice several months ago neuroprotek and he was very hyper. I just stopped it. And now I'd like to try lutimax for the brain inflammation...
Thanks,
Nautygarcon

luis

Postby luis » Mon May 15, 2017 8:15 pm

Nautygarcon,

Sorry for taking long to answer. I haven't come here so often as before.

Potentially over 80% of ASD children have a deficiency in a key detoxification pathway. The pathway involves using sulphur in the form of sulphate (known as sulphation). The enzyme involved is phenol sulphur-transferase (PST), and helps eliminate phenols from the body.
This same enzyme converts sulphur to sulphates, that are necessary for liver detoxification.

If the person takes sulphates (as MSM, for example), the deficiency in PST enzyme may be compensated.

(Just for the records, I don't believe in taking No-Phenol enzymes to metabolize phenols. No-Phenol only helps to digest fruits. If the fruit is phenolic, banana for example, No-Phenol will only help to break banana's fibers. In doing so, it is expected that the digestive system would have less effort to break down phenolic molecules. It's only an assumption. And taking No-Phenol won't help with phenolic supplements, IMHO.)

don_long

Postby don_long » Wed May 17, 2017 5:32 am

Can I mix Luteolin Supplement with cordyceps and MSM? I have erectile dysfunction now and bought male enhancement pills - https://eddrugs2017.com/male-extra/
It's pretty safe ED supplement but I afraid of some contradictions with male enhancement pills.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:56 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:We are still using it at 1/4 teaspoon 3x/day. Some early gains faded away, but some are kept, like adding "mommy" or "daddy" to requests, less echolalia, better response to commands. No negatives so far. It's become part of our base supplements (those that we don't change). L-Carnitine (not acetyl) is another good one for speech and awareness.

Hi fo2, does your son still on Lutimax? Does it improve his speech?

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:14 am

i-jerry wrote:Hi fo2, does your son still on Lutimax? Does it improve his speech?

No, he is not on Lutimax. It improves speech but also increases irritability. That is why we stopped. Quercetin is very similar to Luteolin and doesn't cause irritability. I give my son Quercetin QU995. But I think Luteolin is more potent.

Marya

Postby Marya » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:19 am

luis wrote:Nautygarcon,

Sorry for taking long to answer. I haven't come here so often as before.

Potentially over 80% of ASD children have a deficiency in a key detoxification pathway. The pathway involves using sulphur in the form of sulphate (known as sulphation). The enzyme involved is phenol sulphur-transferase (PST), and helps eliminate phenols from the body.
This same enzyme converts sulphur to sulphates, that are necessary for liver detoxification.

If the person takes sulphates (as MSM, for example), the deficiency in PST enzyme may be compensated.

(Just for the records, I don't believe in taking No-Phenol enzymes to metabolize phenols. No-Phenol only helps to digest fruits. If the fruit is phenolic, banana for example, No-Phenol will only help to break banana's fibers. In doing so, it is expected that the digestive system would have less effort to break down phenolic molecules. It's only an assumption. And taking No-Phenol won't help with phenolic supplements, IMHO.)

I tried MSM last year and this year for some months, it gave me WOW results at first but then fluctuated results. I still have to try it again to be certain, but I'm taking NAC these days so I wouldn't worry about sulphur enzyme.
I agree with luis about that. Most of ASD patients have that deficiency. Symptoms of PST deficiency:
Red face
Red ears
Dark circles under eyes
Hyperactivity
Aggressive behavior
Head-banging
Self-injury behavior
Inappropriate laughter
Insomnia
Chronic fatigue in adults
Headache
Diarrhea
Tiredness
Lethargy
Excessive thirst
Night sweats
Odorous bed clothes
Autistic behavior

I think I have Dark circles under eyes, Aggressive behavior(when I was a child), Tiredness, Lethargy, and Autistic behavior. Well, doctors sometimes diagnose fatigue and lethargy as B12 low level or deficiency as in my case! I tried B12 shots and supplements and my energy only improved when I took MSM.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”