Lutimax Luteolin Supplement

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

dgdavis64

Re: Lutimax Luteolin Supplement

Postby dgdavis64 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Apologies if this has been shared before... :wink:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 122601.htm

Compound in Celery, Peppers Reduces Age-Related Memory Deficits

ScienceDaily (Oct. 13, 2010) — A diet rich in the plant compound luteolin reduces age-related inflammation in the brain and related memory deficits by directly inhibiting the release of inflammatory molecules in the brain, researchers report.

Luteolin (LOOT-ee-oh-lin) is found in many plants, including carrots, peppers, celery, olive oil, peppermint, rosemary and chamomile.

The new study, which examined the effects of dietary luteolin in a mouse model of aging, appears in the Journal of Nutrition.

The researchers focused on microglial cells, specialized immune cells that reside in the brain and spinal cord. Infections stimulate microglia to produce signaling molecules, called cytokines, which spur a cascade of chemical changes in the brain. Some of these signaling molecules, the inflammatory cytokines, induce "sickness behavior": the sleepiness, loss of appetite, memory deficits and depressive behaviors that often accompany illness.

Inflammation in the brain also appears to be a key contributor to age-related memory problems, said University of Illinois animal sciences professor Rodney Johnson, who led the new study. Johnson directs the Division of Nutritional Sciences at Illinois.

continues at the link...

Beware of the pharma trollbot shills posting from anonymous proxy servers

jasper

Postby jasper » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:50 pm

I really envy the positive responses the other parents observed from Lutimax and Neuroprotek, and am happy for your kids. For us, after the first capsule of Neuroprotek, my son turned more feeding-resistant, and couldn't fall asleep for his routine afternoon nap either. It got worse and worse in the following three days, so we dropped it after 4 capsules.

Now I wonder whether I should try Lutimax at all.

Did anyone experience regression initially, but revert to positive results down further?

Thanks much.

mbzoltan

Postby mbzoltan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:21 pm

We gave both up after seeing weird dyskinesia within a few days. We meet with our DAN! doctor tomorrow to discuss this more, because he believes Luteolin is key. Maybe if we can get just that, with nothing else, we'll re-evaluate.

jinu

Postby jinu » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:02 am

Hi all

Ive been interested in trying a supplement with luteolin ONLY..but had no luck until I found it on ebay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Luteolin-60- ... 2566f06fca

...Ive asked them to verify the contents...will see what they say.

Lolani

Postby Lolani » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:37 am

Hi everyone!!!

So we finally started lutimax this last sunday 22 january, at a 1/8 teaspoon 3 x day, and ading just very small amounts to reach 1/4 teaspoon 3x day, so far not much to report, wich I think is a positive, since I have read that some parents have had bad reactions when they started using it. We are doing a protocol of using cytoflora and custum probiotics (high dose) since january first, so maybe this combination might help reducing gut inflamation, so far at least stools have been very good, since we haven't seen negatives with lutimax in 6 days, hopefully we will be able to continue, I was told that one needs to wait for at least 4 weeks to start seeing more noticeable improvements..... will let you know.

karabean71

Postby karabean71 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:10 am

BUMP!!

I was reading this long chain all night since I was reading some good things about luteolin. By my count, 15 people in this thread have tried it, 10 people said they were keeping it (2 were even WOW'ed), 4 had a bad reaction, and the last post here I'm counting as a maybe. I would say it sounds promising.

Anyone else tried it? I'm also hoping the people who posted that they were staying on luteolin in this thread can give us an update too. Thanks! -Kara

PS - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2396685/ <--- "Thus, luteolin is a promising agent for preventing and treating neuroinflammation mediated by the JNK and AP-1 signaling pathway, and it may be useful for mitigating a dysregulated linkage between the immune system and brain." I am one of those who believes Autism isn't so much a Brain Disorder but more of an Autoimmune Disorder that effects the brain.

pspa123

Postby pspa123 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:30 pm

After being promised very quick results including restoration of speech by the principal of Lutimax, Tom Lahey (who unfortunately died earlier this year), we used it for about a month on my adult autistic son. We saw no results one way or the other.

susiejay

Postby susiejay » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:11 pm

We still use it. It seems to help slightly, no big wows. I've never gone higher than 1/4 tsp a day though. I don't know if I will reorder when our current supply is out. I really need to get ds's supplement cost down.

karabean71

Postby karabean71 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:04 pm

After being promised very quick results including restoration of speech by the principal of Lutimax, Tom Lahey (who unfortunately died earlier this year), we used it for about a month on my adult autistic son. We saw no results one way or the other.

Thanks pspa, and sorry it didn't work out for you.

We still use it. It seems to help slightly, no big wows. I've never gone higher than 1/4 tsp a day though. I don't know if I will reorder when our current supply is out. I really need to get ds's supplement cost down.

Thanks Susie. Is that the recommended dosage?

Also was wondering if I should continue with my son's other supplements (B12, multi vitamin, zinc, and colostrum) while he is on it. Any input on that (from anyone) would be great. I did go ahead and decided to order the LutiMax.

susiejay

Postby susiejay » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:57 pm

1/4 tsp is the recommended dosage on the bottle but I think you can give it 2-3 times a day. There are 100 doses in a bottle so it you give it 3 times a day it would last a little over a month. It is recommended to start low. I'd start with 1/8 tsp a day or less and work up from there just to see if it's tolerated well. I have heard that some kids can get a little hyper on it which is why there is the version with Theanine. I've only ever used that one. My son does do well with Theanine though. It's a methyl donor and according to his Yasko genetic test he can tolerate lots of methyl donors.

I probably should try giving it 3 times a day to see if it helps but my son is already on quite a few supplements it's already hard to fit everything in. Our big focus right now is on H. Pylori treatment.

I would continue with your current supplements. I don't think any of them would interfere with Lutimax.

Reresa1

Postby Reresa1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi all,
My son has Aspergers and he has done very well with Lutimax. He has less melt downs and is more engaged and loving to his sister. His therapist at the school said whatever my I'm doing keep doing it and all I did was add Lutimax to his diet. It took about a month to see the affects, however I was not giving it to him correctly. It HAS to be given on an empty stomach, It HAS to be given at least 3 times a day AND a healthy diet is is going to produce the best results. It cannot be given with a sugary drink as the sugar molecules wipe out the natural supplement and it's as if you gave them nothing. The first few weeks he seemed more grouchy and I was told by the lady who ships the product that is expected as it was his body releasing toxins. I gave it a full month and followed the instructions and it was worth it. It's a lot of work, but when you get great feedback from the school, it is all worth it. I know it's expensive and I found a coupon code online for 20% off and free shipping SSC20. Don't know if it still works but worth a shot. Let me know if you have any questions about my experience or dosing requirements and I will see if I can help. I know all of our journeys are unique as our children are also so I am just sharing what worked for me in the hopes that it will work for you.
Thank you,
Theresa

bloodymk

Postby bloodymk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:29 am

Kastania wrote:Hi andysmom

I am so pleased for you that your son is doing well on Lutimax. It really is an amazing product for us - even though we are on a tiny dose still, my daughter is doing better every day. I haven't looked into the surfectant yet or the MSM unfortunately. What you could do is contact Tom Lahey, the chemist who developed Lutimax. He is a very nice man and he will be able to advise you.

I hope you continue to see lots more gains with Lutimax!

kastania

Hi Kastania
I was reading alot about this product (lutimax) and I'm very interested in starting my som on it. As I can see from your post you are closest one to my area of leaving and it would be very halpfull if I can consult some issues before I order it.
If this is possible send me an e-mail on bloodymk@yahoo.com
all the best and looking forward to your possitive reply.
Slavco

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi bloodymk

I have sent you a pm, please check.

kastania

bloodymk

Postby bloodymk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks Kastania
Thanks for replying to me so fat. I'm trying to send you a PM but I cannot do it. It is eather I have limited access or I'm limited in my knowledge.
I will look for you when you wil be online and then to chat with you I guess.
Thanks anyway once more.
Slavco
p.s. is there a distributer who is dealing lutimax in Greece or are you ordering it from the states via web?

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Is anybody still using LutiMax? What are the results? We just started it and saw gains in speech immediately. For the first time, my son ran to the door and shouted "Daddy home!". It could be a coincidence, but ... Before LutiMax, we tried 5-6 bottles of NeuroProtek and never saw any gains.

luis

Postby luis » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:44 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:Is anybody still using LutiMax? What are the results? We just started it and saw gains in speech immediately. For the first time, my son ran to the door and shouted "Daddy home!". It could be a coincidence, but ... Before LutiMax, we tried 5-6 bottles of NeuroProtek and never saw any gains.

Hi Fo2 and all,

Are you still using Lutimax ?

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:45 pm

We are still using it at 1/4 teaspoon 3x/day. Some early gains faded away, but some are kept, like adding "mommy" or "daddy" to requests, less echolalia, better response to commands. No negatives so far. It's become part of our base supplements (those that we don't change). L-Carnitine (not acetyl) is another good one for speech and awareness.
Last edited by FatherOf2 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

luis

Postby luis » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:17 am

FatherOf2 wrote:We are still using it at 1 teaspoon 3x/day. Some early gains faded away, but some are kept, like adding "mommy" or "daddy" to requests, less echolalia, better response to commands. No negatives so far. It's become part of our base supplements (those that we don't change). L-Carnitine (not acetyl) is another good one for speech and awareness.

Good ! Since the benefits are cumulative, it should be doing its job, although not in a "spectacular" way.

I see that you are using a dosage 4 times greater than the label. Your son probably don't have phenolic issues.

I've tried it in the past, without noticeable gains, and will start it again today. In the past many things didn't work for my son, but nowadays he is on a better condition and maybe it could work better. I 'll have to use MSM along with it, because my son reacts to phenols.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:47 am

We also give No Phenol enzymes.

Sorry, I made a mistake. We give 1/4 of a tespoon 3x/day.

luis

Postby luis » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:43 am

FatherOf2 wrote:We also give No Phenol enzymes.

Sorry, I made a mistake. We give 1/4 of a tespoon 3x/day.

Ok.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”