Has anyone made yogurt with Culturelle?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

mellowjello

Has anyone made yogurt with Culturelle?

Postby mellowjello » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:48 pm

I've never had luck with a single strain probiotic as a starter. Has anyone done this?
Learning to jiggle when shaken.

dabaxter

Re: Has anyone made yogurt with Culturelle?

Postby dabaxter » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:35 am

I've tried multi strain formulas with no succes. You will have to have strep thermopholus and lacto bulgacarus on board to have thick yogurt.
$5 off iherb.com. Use:REW815/$5 off pureformulas.com Use:RJNXCX

JeniB

Postby JeniB » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:28 am

I've added the L-reuteri to the normal starter before. So, maybe you can use the starter with both the strep and bugaricus strains which you need to make yogurt and ad a little culturelle to it. See how it tastes. It will be stronger, but we've had no trouble adding individual strains to the mix. Not by themselves.
Jen
(mom of 3)

iherb referral code: HOF516
save $5 on first purchase

rjklein

Postby rjklein » Sun May 14, 2017 4:16 pm

mellowjello wrote:I've never had luck with a single strain probiotic as a starter. Has anyone done this?

Yes, I have made a sort of "yogurt" with just a Culturelle capsule and a glass of milk. I put a paper towel over the opening and secure it with a rubber band, and placed it in a warm dark kitchen cabinet. In about 2 days it had separated into curds and whey. I used a tablespoon of the whey to inoculate the next batches of milk. Since it is only one strain of bacteria, it continues to culture and curdle the milk endlessly. I never have to buy Culturelle again.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”