neuroprotek,

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

roseshoe

neuroprotek,

Postby roseshoe » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:51 pm

has anyone used this yet? my son is hyper immune so im always looking into immune modulators.i just ordered some. ( neuroprotek) i first read about it in cutting- edge therapies for autism, 2010-2011. it was not available for sale when the book first came out, however it is now. perhaps it is so new no one has tried it! my order wont arrive for a week so i guess ill try it with my son and let ya'll know.....

roseshoe

Re: neuroprotek, update

Postby roseshoe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:38 am

we are finishing our first bottle, one month of two pills a day. my son is much calmer This IS HUGE, his scores in kindergarten are above goal and just this am he has a cough. we are definitely going to stay the course. for the recommended 4 to 6 months. 3 plus years now i have tried so many immune system modulators with no response so this is exciting stuff for me!

Kastania

Re: neuroprotek,

Postby Kastania » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:31 am

Hi roseshoe

I do not use this product but am considering trying it. They discuss it a lot on a yahoo group called beyondgfcf and a number of parents have had good results with it. Glad you are seeing good results.

SleepingUnderStars

Postby SleepingUnderStars » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:23 pm

I had just bought this recently and will post our experiences in 4-6 weeks.

Glad you are seeing good results!

joy

Postby joy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:04 pm

we're three weeks into using this, and at our ABA meeting on Friday, our program coordinator told us all his behaviors and non compliance were noticably better this month.

We did one week at 1 cap a day, a second week at 2 caps a day, and this week we have gone up to 3 caps a day which is where we'll stay.
~Joy~

roseshoe

Postby roseshoe » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:35 am

good news joy! my son got a cold that lasted 4 days, cough runny nose normal stuff. this will be his first typical cold ever! he continues to be calm and has increased vocab and functional language. i love that we have had no bowel or sleep changes with neuroprotek just positives! we are still at 2 caps a day but i might try 3 and see how it goes. happy new year!

SleepingUnderStars

Postby SleepingUnderStars » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:07 pm

That is great to hear! We have only been on it two weeks, but so far so good. How long did it take to see even small improvements? Do you break open the capsules? I have too because I need to syringe into his mouth (and so was thinking to increase to 3 daily), i also put in an Emu Oil Gold capsule broken open with it.

Does you son have food intolerances ect...? It would be interesting if over time food intolerances moderate showing the gut is less permeable as longer term lower gut inflammation helps it, if not heal, improve until all the junk in the system can be removed...

roseshoe

Postby roseshoe » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:05 am

my son got a runny nose on second day and seemed more focused within a week. i keep his diet "clean" most of the time allowing some yuk foods at school but never milk! he still takes an enzyme on days that he consumes to much crap. im retesting allergy's soon and just pay attention to figure out intolerances. he was classic autism and on last testing he got adhd, speech delay, that was about 6 months ago. im am grateful he can swallow pills now as we have been at this since 18 months old! we are down to a manageable amounts of supplements now and most of what he gets is for inflammation and antioxidants, for detox. i love that neoroprotek is made to heal and not just mask symptoms! i upped dose to three caps yesterday with no ill effects, ( :

SleepingUnderStars

Postby SleepingUnderStars » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:18 pm

I have to say that my son over the last few days has been MUCH calmer. We are just over two weeks using it. He actually sits for long periods and watches his favorite DVD's calmly without jumping up and down at all! For us, this is big... :shock:

I have a feeling this could actually be quieting down the nerves, especially that are so closely located to mast cell production sites...!

roseshoe

Postby roseshoe » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:48 am

hey great news! love the calm effect, i know i tried everything for hyperactivity with no luck. this is such a bonus for us with this stuff!

joy

Postby joy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:34 pm

still doing well on NeuroProtek. we're seeing more verbalizations, more self help skills emerge and we did NOT see a behavioral regression over the xmas break....

my son JUST in the last month started swallowing pills when i mixed them w/applesauce, so I don't have to open the capsules anymore.
~Joy~

idaphne63

Postby idaphne63 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Last edited by idaphne63 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roseshoe

Postby roseshoe » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:18 pm

we are at three capsules a day now, 2 in am one in afternoon. my son has a rash around his mouth and some small red dots on his neck. this is interesting as he developed a similar rash when we did valtrex. valtrex is when we turned a big corner, he learned to ride a bike and started making eye contact, being in tune with others etc. he continues to make more gains with neuroprotek enough that others have noticed. happy happy, joy! i will stick with three caps a day. he is 5 but weighs 56 lbs, from all the info ive read we could go to four but im sticking with three.

SleepingUnderStars

Postby SleepingUnderStars » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Roseshoe

That is very interesting about the rash around the mouth, i thought it might have been caused by vitamin C, but since i started this product a couple of weeks ago, we have a rash like red dots all around my son's mouth.

What do you think this is?

He is doing great and is much calmer and engaged/focused like we have never seen!

SecretGarden

Postby SecretGarden » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:50 am

For those of you on this, is your child also on Valtrex or another Rx? I read, I think that Neuroprotek can increase the drug in your system so you have to look out for liver problems?

The reason I ask, is because a few days after starting Neuroprotek, my child started having pale colored bowels which can be a sign of liver problems.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

BTW, my child is about 50 pounds and on 2 caps a day.

Edited to say that I too am taking Valtrex and Neuroprotek and my stools are lighter brown/yellow as well. Almsot the color of the Neuroprotek. I have forgotten to give us our Liver life for a few days so we are going back on that. Maybe the changes the NP is causing is creating the stool color.

I'll keep monitoring and I won't worry unless it continues.

Thanks for your responses.
Last edited by SecretGarden on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SleepingUnderStars

Postby SleepingUnderStars » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:07 am

Hi Secret,

My son is 3.5 y/o and about 36 lbs give or take.

He has never been on Valtrex or any other prescription, so for us, i don't think this could be caused by that. I am wondering if this is a viral discharge or something, I don't know much about how that works.

Also, he has been on Liver Life for about a 1 1/2 years, so i haven't noticed anything amiss yet with his liver. I think LL is a very good liver product for us here.

I will keep posting about the rash and the length of time it goes on, he doesn't seem sick or bothered in any way, really just seems more with it.

roseshoe

Postby roseshoe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:01 pm

hey all, my son is also been taking liver life for several years now. we did valtrex for years between 2+ till 4 years had blood work done every 4 months with no problems. i have to think that his immune system is being activated by the neuroprotek and this is moving viruses and allergens. his gut is healing more and his body is trying to function like it is suppose to, also inflammation is a huge problem and i have noticed that things that address inflammation really help with behaviors. the immune system is sooooo complicated, i have felt that this has been the root of my sons problem for years now and have had trouble trying to explain his never being sick as a bad thing! most docs have all said "wow, thats great". my son is adopted, his biological mother had diabetes and celiacs, he had bowel issues and was sick all the time as an infant at six months of age he had a fever but was given his vaccines anyway, 7 total, he was very ill for 2 weeks following the shots and then he never got sick again! no fever no runny nose no flu nothing until neuroprotek. i love hearing others progress, please keep posting!

SleepingUnderStars

Postby SleepingUnderStars » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:43 am

i wanted to post some observations about the red dots/rash around the mouth that we have been seeing.

in a say 48 hour period, it seems to me that the red dots come out-get more developed-then recede slowly-then when he looks almost clear-then the cycle starts over again.

roseshoe

Postby roseshoe » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:41 am

hi all, wondering how everyone is doing on np? my sons rash around his mouth lasted about 2 weeks and is completely gone. he is still gaining some age appropriated language and seems to be doing well. i have noticed when i give him his second dose of one cap in late afternoon he gets a little cranky, not sure if he is tired or if this is insignificant. we are still on 3 caps a day. thank you, rose

SleepingUnderStars

Postby SleepingUnderStars » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi roseshoe,

My son is still having the rash come and go at one month into using the product. But he is really doing great-I think this has been one of the best additions we have had in a long time! We intend to stay on it. My husband has noticed how recently he has been much calmer and cooperative, attempts to almost say words, and he has really been trying to look at me to read my face in lots of situations.

I think of it like a television picture, that instead of being completely fuzzy, is now having the picture tune in. If it helps decrease mast cell activation, maybe that decreases some inflammation that allows better overall processing. I don't know, but we are enjoying it!

We have been at 2 caps in morning and 2 in evening, I make sure to give it away from digestive enzymes since I have to open and syringe into his mouth, and the flavonoids are easily broken down by the digestive system before it gets to the gut.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”