PLEASE READ--KPU major player in autism; our magic bullet!

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

OneRockAtATime

Re: PLEASE READ--KPU major player in autism; our magic bullet!

Postby OneRockAtATime » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Amanda that sounds wonderful. I have gotten everything on board but the BioMineral thing. I am not sure what is working but things are pretty good most of the time. We added in Zoloft which seems to be helping too. I am so happy to hear how good your kiddo's are doing. Really that is great news.

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:36 pm

beautiful amanda...wonderful

Maybe microsilica will help your back issues with the kpu protocol? Will you go the full way on Dr Ks advice and give the anti viral and anti microbials? Your son may be ready for that since the amount of work you put in...
TC all the best always and stick around!
Daughter 5y.o lost diagnosis - 100 rounds cutler. Aspergers/ autism @2yrs

Omamma

Postby Omamma » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:42 pm

My son has come so far that I think I am done. Did I just say that out loud? Oh my. He is just really doing great. I will continue to chelate--we only are doing a round a month--and will continue the protocol, and still are milk and wheat free and preservative free for the most part, and we still have a bunch of supplements I'm not willing to part with, but he is stable, and his energy is good, and all those things I have prayed for.

OMG Amanda! That just made me tear up! God is so good!!!!!!! Congrats mom!!!

I am running into issues similar to yours with the KPU protocol. My daughter continues to do WONDERFUL with the supplements. We are seeing cool things all the time with her. (We just came from a family portrait session, and she actually smiled, posed, and looked right at the camera!!! Picture taking has always been a huge source of frustration for us, but this went great!) BUT, me and zinc have not been getting along at all. It started with nausea/decreased appetite, but just recently has progressed to some old issues I had post-mold (anxiety, bad dreams, achy neck, heart palpitations). It has been mild, but it makes me want to stop the zinc. I don't know if I'm stirring something up, or what. I haven't been chelating myself,(I did for a while in the past.) My adrenals seem very unhappy about something! But then again, I am sure all the stinkin Halloween candy I've been nibbling on hasn't helped my cause a bit! I agree, this time of the year needs to hurry by...too many temptations!

Anyway, I am super happy for you!!! Congrats!

JeniB

Postby JeniB » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:13 am

Way to go Amanda! This has definitely been a big hitter for us too. If I could get my middle daughter to just take supplements, she'd definitely benefit as she sounds similar to your daughter too. This year she has really struggled with a phobia she has developed. Hormones are starting to kick in for her and I remember my older daughter went through a fear of being alone in her room at this age, so she is not able to metabolize all that's going on with her. She's tiny and not growing much either. While the oldest is growing like a weed. Amanda, does your daughter have to do antifungals too? This is where I don't want to go with my girl. As I feel that we tackled this too soon with my son and actually made him worse. Hopefully just the vitamin's and minerals would help her.
Jen
(mom of 3)

iherb referral code: HOF516
save $5 on first purchase

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:40 pm

KPU protocol does not chelate directly but increases glutathione naturally....and this is why it needs to be taken with a chelator or gut binder to get rid of the metals....???

susiejay

Postby susiejay » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Pearl1981 wrote:KPU protocol does not chelate directly but increases glutathione naturally....and this is why it needs to be taken with a chelator or gut binder to get rid of the metals....???

Pearl what kind of dosing are you doing with the KPU supps? I keep coming back to this because I think my kids fit so many of the KPU symptoms. I've been supplementing zinc on a couple of my NT kids because almost all of them grind their teeth at night and have the white spots on their nails.

My autistic kiddo has low glutathione but I think that is pretty typical of spectrum kids.

Amy

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:47 pm

hello amy
I am using the 'core mineral supplement' by dr klinghardt and it has everything in it that he advises (zinc, moly, chromium, 5000 %RDA biotin, taurine, and more) I give herm1 capsule per day. Shes been amazing today, shes actually developing a stroppy teenage angsty attitude on it and shes 3! She is saying stuff like i dont wanna go to bed its boring. Im sooo proud of her! The kpu protocol is amazing. Bring on more attitude babyyyy lol

OneRockAtATime

Postby OneRockAtATime » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:04 pm

I had never seen his supplement. My only question is why can it all be given at once and I am trying to give according to his Protocol? That would be easier.

susiejay

Postby susiejay » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:48 am

Pearl1981 wrote:hello amy
I am using the 'core mineral supplement' by dr klinghardt and it has everything in it that he advises (zinc, moly, chromium, 5000 %RDA biotin, taurine, and more) I give herm1 capsule per day. Shes been amazing today, shes actually developing a stroppy teenage angsty attitude on it and shes 3! She is saying stuff like i dont wanna go to bed its boring. Im sooo proud of her! The kpu protocol is amazing. Bring on more attitude babyyyy lol

That looks like a great option with everything in one capsule but I couldn't find a shipping option to the U.S. Maybe I'll go by 1/4 of the dosage for the core mineral supplement with individual vits/mins I have here. We are trying very hard to get ds to combine 2 words. He is so close. I wonder if adding KPU supps would help towards that goal.

Amy

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:52 am

You have to chelate while taking, and a few months before. The best method of chelation is AC protocol.
KPU supplementation has definately given my DD a big boost with language and especially expressing herself and recognising peoples emotions.

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:54 am

I have read that biotin in these large amounts help yeast too. Moly chelates excess copper which I am sure she has. Taurine is good for seizure control and brain fogs/apraxia. Its all a winner for us. I use biopure site by klinghardt. I dont know if they do shipping to the usa. sorry . hope this helps

JeniB

Postby JeniB » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:00 am

Pearl,have you started the other things like for bacteria and yeast that he has-freezedried garlic? The one supplement for lyme he uses should be used for 21 days I remember. We definitely have a bacteria source to our issues. I stopped our biociden for a few days and again, OCD and regression. I am now wondering about lyme? my father in law had it, my hubby found a deer tick on him prior to us having our ASD baby. I've heard you can get it without the rash and pass it along in the womb as well. We had a kitty that brought in a bunny that was loaded with deer ticks. It was horrible, not only did she run in with a dead bunny, but when I went to pick it up with a towel, I mean millions of microscopic ticks came off of it! Our kitty also died suddenly a year ago with anemia. I really do wonder now if this is part of it all for us? I've been following the MSM posts pretty curiously too and found that sulfur deficiency results in right-side being affected. I also read that it helps treat parasites, which may be why AnxiousDad came across it. Anyway, I need to read up on it more to see how adults are using this bacterial treatment for their lyme and if so, is it working or causing adverse effects? But we definitely have a bacterial core to my son's issues. What came first, the bacteria triggering KPU or KPU triggering bacterial infections or the metals?
Jen
(mom of 3)

jennifha

Postby jennifha » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:07 am

http://www.worldwellnessstore.com/the-c ... sules.html

Looks like it ships from this site to the US. It's not cheap though!

Some of the doses seem really high. I worried about the level of zinc causing nausea. Has anyone had this problem?
"'Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.'"

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:57 am

omg thats definately very important info jen. Awful about the bunny. If you have toxicity you have a great chance of contracting lyme via a tick bite. I remember having the bulls eye rash on my leg as a child about 9 years old. I have always been toxic with metals, I think I was born that way. My mum has every tooth filled with silver fillings, and had most of her dental work done while pregnant with me. I was always super anxious as a child, and had mild apraxia. I walked at 16 months and couldnt jump till well after 5 years old. I still cant really run properly. After getting my vaccines at age 11 I remember being depressed, foggy, hot n cold, hormonal problems ever since. And its continued till this day. Luckily I have no amalgams or I fear my daughter would have been born a lot more severe than she is. She is mildly autistic although like your son it varies wildly frm day to day. Seeming moderately autistic on some times and aspergers on others.

I would re watch dr klinghardts video especially the end part when he starts talking about treating the bacteria parasites and viruses.
I think we also have some viral issues, DD caught gingivomastomatitis at 18 months old and regressed quite a bit. I dont know about bacterial yet, shes never had a gut problem except smelly poops. always well formed, only vomited once in her life. smetimes i feel like its an onion, we are peeling layers and learning about the issues in more detail as time goes on. Sounds confusing but a lot of it is hidden by heavy metal poisoning now. When that clears I am sure we will see some more issues that need to be treated. I remember Klinghardt saying these viruses are present in the kids and active. The immune system is constantly battling them but can not get rid of them like normal children can. It takes my daughter 4 weeks to recover from the common cold. She has one every 8 weeks. She always has a cold. I do know our bedroom contained mold at the window near her bed as a baby.
I dont think we are ready to start treating the viruses yet...need chelating & supplementation around a year or it can cause big regressions as immune system is not ready....
I also think we have a sulfur deficiency issue. on DMSA daughters eye problem disappears, behaviour is much beter on round. SHe has an obsession with garlic, when I am cooking loves to come and smell it and HAS to hold it and walk around with it . Weird huh?

JeniB

Postby JeniB » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:24 pm

My son, he hardly has a cold. Had a few last year and never a runny nose to wipe, hardly ever, maybe a few times, but nothing like the kids in my preschool class. This is a significant clue for us I think and needs to be addressed prior to doing too much more. The intestines are made up of a thick, mucosal layer that is a great barrier to toxins-has to be a big part of it as far as my guy goes. I think we're far enough along in chelation to go to the next step for sure. Right now we're doing virastop everyday, since I saw gains by accident with it and elderberry when I thought he was getting sick. But, bacteria could be our biggest hurdle. It really does come back when I stop biociden. Even with all the B6 and zinc stuff we're doing. But when bacteria are under control, then the gains are much easier to see with the added zinc and B6. I will definitely have to watch the video again, wish someone else was at this stage to start introducing these things so I didn't have to go it alone at this point. MSM is one of those things that if you try it, it probably needs to be in larger amounts so there's that fear of adding too much sulfur and causing other issues along with moving and bouncing around metals too. Wish it was more simple to treat. and not so darn complicated at every turn. it gets old :(
Jen
(mom of 3)

JsMominVA

Postby JsMominVA » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:52 am

JeniB,

I completely agree with you. I don't have any anecdotal evidence, but I was recently diagnosed with chronic lyme in March. I think I may have had it for over 16 years. I am certain I passed it onto my son. I feel like our generation of kids have a much different type of autism than past generations. To me it's an autoimmune disorder. I do think that a majority of babies are being born without an immune system most likely due to a lyme infection.

We tested my son's blood and it was negative for lyme. Our doctor also used the asyra and one of the co-infections came up.

WE are the opposite. We have too much sulfur. My son handles ALA fine but can't tolerate DMSA.

JsMominVA

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:19 am

Very interesting...do you think that the mucus protects her from further toxins? She has speech intact and is not as severe as others with a KPU level as high as hers. Well others with a level of 102 are usually unable to speak, headbanging, seizures and in a wheel chair.
I will definately start the second stage of viral and bacterial / lyme treatment after around 9 months of supplements and 12 months of chelation.

I wanted to ask something Jen
What way can I get vitamins in my daughter? She has become very against taking the KPU minerals. as she can not swallow capsules (being 3 years old) I break it open and mix it with food or something she likes to drink. She now has very strong aversions to the smell and taste of the tablet and can taste it through anything Ive tried, even chocolate drinks. She also wretches when she smells it. Its got to a bad level of trying to force it down her every morning. I am wondering whether vitamins can be given topically and which ones can be? She is deficient in more or less EVERYTHING. Vitamin C would be very beneficial to her as her immune system is non existant (not surprising as her KPU is so severe) How can I give vitamin C? were you saying through bath water? what dose? Any tips? Today I mixed the kpu mineral in almond oil and rubbed it in her skin. I am wondering if she gets any this way?

Thank you so much

JeniB

Postby JeniB » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Pearl, we've had the same problem...I think their senses are waking up as far as taste buds go... with finally getting enough zinc, therefore having much more of a strong taste than they are used to. You may have to break it down into very small amounts very frequent throughout the day, so that she is getting the same daily amount, but smaller doses more often. That may make it more doable than giving a bunch of yucky all in one gulp. I've had to do that, mix it in juice and use much more juice, but giving maybe 2 spoonfuls of the mixture 6x a day instead of 3x a day.

I heard on Dr. Oz yesterday about this berry, that changes the taste of everything you eat for an hour afterwards. It was called the miracle berry. It was incredible. audience members ate a berry and drank vinegar afterwards. It tasted sweet! man this would be a great sell to mom's trying to get supplements into their kids! heck, drink lemon water and love it too. I think it also comes in a dried powder form. It coats the sour taste buds on the tounge temporarily blocking the sour taste, making things taste sweet when they are not. hmmm.

I don't think this amount of needed minerals are going to be absorbed as well through the skin. You might try getting them separate and also breaking them up that way. I feel that the B6 and zinc are very important to get through the gut orally instead of through the skin. But you may break it up with the cream and half of the cap too. Zinc sulfate is well absorbed through the skin.
Jen
(mom of 3)

JeniB

Postby JeniB » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:23 pm

oh, sodium ascorbate form of vitamin c has practically no taste in juice. I use source naturals brand. I still do the baths occasionally too. Be sure to add baking soda if you use ascorbic acid. This makes it balanced and won't irritate skin. Still think oral is the best way, but this does help some.
Jen
(mom of 3)

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:12 am

i've found a great mixer but its not that healthy- 7up. I give half a sippy cup with the core mineral supplement and it totally hides the yukky taste' she loves it :P now going to add the ascorbate to juice :)

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”