High copper - High Molybdenum on hair test - why ??

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

KKKK74

High copper - High Molybdenum on hair test - why ??

Postby KKKK74 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:48 am

My son is high copper - low zinc. While looking in more detail at his hair he is in the red high for molybdenum.

Molybdenum chelates copper. If his hair test is high molybdenum then presumably his body is just chucking it out and not using it ?? Why ?? What are we missing ??

Also worth noting - his supplement for the last 6 months was missing molybdenum (it got missed of the compounding form and neither me or the doctor noticed) so he should not of been chucking molybdenum into the hair as he had excess - he had non (other than in the diet).

Why is he excreting molybdenum into the hair ?? I'm sure our high copper / low zinc issue is key to us. And I'm sure this is significant to it.

williams_dad

Re: High copper - High Molybdenum on hair test - why ??

Postby williams_dad » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:09 am

KKKK74 wrote:Molybdenum chelates copper.

I've not heard this before, more info ??
KKKK74 wrote:then presumably his body is just chucking it out and not using it ?? Why ??

or something else blocking it from going where it should
like Tungsten
KKKK74 wrote:My son is high copper - low zinc.

from memory, this is a good sign that mercury or cadmium is lurking
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

anyadutton

Re: High copper - High Molybdenum on hair test - why ??

Postby anyadutton » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi there, I work with a patient whose HMA hair min. analysis has also come back with Copper & Molybdenum off the chart. As you say, these are antagonists. There are other inconsistencies or curiosities in my patients serum/hair pictures. One explanation would be that Co/Mo are high in the tissue bec' not bioavailable or not usable by body (basically physiological deficiency) however in this case one would expect to see a copper deficient anaemia which is not the my patient's case. So I was wondering, did you ever come any closer to understanding what was going on?

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”