Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

JeniB
Posts: 5021
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:10 pm

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby JeniB » Thu May 21, 2015 2:32 pm

The Iherb supplement mentioned is horsetail, beware, this lowers thiamine in a big way. For some, this deficiency can lead to brain damage. I wouldn't trust using this form of silica long term or even more than a week tops.
Jen
(mom of 3)

iherb referral code: HOF516
save $5 on first purchase

JeniB
Posts: 5021
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:10 pm

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby JeniB » Thu May 21, 2015 2:34 pm

here the herb actually induced autism in the children after the mother had taken it for weight loss prior to becoming pregnant.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3077335/
Jen
(mom of 3)

iherb referral code: HOF516
save $5 on first purchase

uiop.on
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby uiop.on » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi Torenada,

Thanks for the update, it's great to hear first-hand results like these, and by the fact this thread has had over 18,000 views I'm guessing other people are interested too!

I'm introducing IMD as part of a mercury detox programme, and wondered what time of the day you dose? I'm hoping to avoid binding to any supplemental minerals (magnesium, zinc, etc) that are taken with meals, and dose at a time that's most likely to bind with mercury in the G.I. track. Perhaps first thing in the morning or last thing at night - any thoughts or advice?

Many thanks!
Mark

Nikkie111
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:44 am

We do it in the morning first thing to ensure stomach is empty :)

i-jerry
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby i-jerry » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:49 am

does anyone still seeing benefit from IMD?

Nikkie111
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby Nikkie111 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:06 pm

i-jerry wrote:does anyone still seeing benefit from IMD?

We plateaued we saw initial ones quite strong ones but nothing afterwards so not sure he hefty price would be justified

i-jerry
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby i-jerry » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:09 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:does anyone still seeing benefit from IMD?

We plateaued we saw initial ones quite strong ones but nothing afterwards so not sure he hefty price would be just

how long does your son has been using? I bought the 9g bottle and this is the 3rd month. I just increased to 2 scoops a day from yesterday, and he seems speech less than 'normal' days

Nikkie111
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:21 am

i-jerry wrote:how long does your son has been using? I bought the 9g bottle and this is the 3rd month. I just increased to 2 scoops a day from yesterday, and he seems speech less than 'normal' days


We used it for about 6 months and then we stopped
You said his speech is less? That's not great maybe give it couple more days and then stop?
Is he having regular poos?

i-jerry
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby i-jerry » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:24 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:how long does your son has been using? I bought the 9g bottle and this is the 3rd month. I just increased to 2 scoops a day from yesterday, and he seems speech less than 'normal' days


We used it for about 6 months and then we stopped
You said his speech is less? That's not great maybe give it couple more days and then stop?
Is he having regular poos?


He has poo once a day. Do you think IMD could cause constipation? He talks a lot when we do HBOT but once we finished he doesn't talk as much as inside

Do you only use IMD or use the detox package? we bought the package that included R-la, cofactor, etc...

Nikkie111
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:08 pm

i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:how long does your son has been using? I bought the 9g bottle and this is the 3rd month. I just increased to 2 scoops a day from yesterday, and he seems speech less than 'normal' days


We used it for about 6 months and then we stopped
You said his speech is less? That's not great maybe give it couple more days and then stop?
Is he having regular poos?


He has poo once a day. Do you think IMD could cause constipation? He talks a lot when we odo HBOT but once we finished he doesn't talk as much as inside

Do you only use IMD or use the detox package? we bought the package that included R-la, cofactor, etc...

Yes it made us constipated
Did he used to have more than one before? In either case while on imd he must be having two at least otherwise toxins can get accumulated
In general terms one is not enough that's where we're struggling too
We only used imd from their range the rest seem too excessive for me

i-jerry
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby i-jerry » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
We used it for about 6 months and then we stopped
You said his speech is less? That's not great maybe give it couple more days and then stop?
Is he having regular poos?


He has poo once a day. Do you think IMD could cause constipation? He talks a lot when we odo HBOT but once we finished he doesn't talk as much as inside

Do you only use IMD or use the detox package? we bought the package that included R-la, cofactor, etc...

Yes it made us constipated
Did he used to have more than one before? In either case while on imd he must be having two at least otherwise toxins can get accumulated
In general terms one is not enough that's where we're struggling too
We only used imd from their range the rest seem too excessive for me


He is back to his once per day, but the max is once per day. I keep trying veg juice, probiotic, and more water but doesn't help.

Nikkie111
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:46 am

Maybe try warm water and prunes and get him to sit at the toilet a bit more ... We use a 5 min sand timer :wink:


Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”