Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

torenada

Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby torenada » Fri May 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Last year our DAN dr. recommended that we purchase Quicksilver Scientific's Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) to help safely chelate some of my son's mercury. I was very hesitant because there is just not as much information out there about IMD as there is with other methods of chelation, but we decided to give it a try. The first time we tried it (last year), my son didn't handle it so well (very hyper). However, after a year of vitamins and supplements, we decided last month to give it another try.

The results have been phenomenal! IMD is meant to be taken 5 days on and 2 off. We're currently on Round 3, and I can't even describe the changes we're seeing! We are getting excellent reports from daycare, therapists, and family members. Skyler is much more "with it," and we're having wonderful conversations!

A few months ago, we quit T-Ball because we were having to physically restrain Skyler on the field while he tantrumed and beat on us. He just couldn't handle all of the people and activity around him. However, the coach's wife asked us this week to try again because it was our turn to take snack. We went, but expected the worst. HOWEVER, Skyler was amazing!!! He followed directions and stayed on the field. He even hit the ball and ran the bases. We were able to watch the entire game (and enjoy it) from outside the gate for the FIRST TIME! I tell people this, and I really don't think they "get it," but I knew you guys would. I hated to go to T-Ball because it always reminded me that Skyler is not "typical," and I would come home from games crying and feeling like a failure. To finally come home from a game feeling "normal" was the most amazing feeling in the world. And we attribute this to the IMD. Nothing else has changed - it HAS to be the IMD.

I just felt like I should share this with everyone. IMD is fairly expensive - $150 for 6 grams of powder, but at half a scoop each night, it should last for about 6 months, so it balances out. My mother begged me tonight to never run out of Skyler's "medicine." I am very hopeful that we will continue to see positive changes. If anyone has been on the sideline wondering about this product, I now highly recommend it!
Skyler's mommy-
6 yr old w/ autism
<biomedicalforautism.com>

Pearl1981

Re: Intestinal Metal Detox (IMD) - Positive Result Report

Postby Pearl1981 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:10 am

Is this micro silica? By quick silver? It's helping here too
Daughter 5y.o lost diagnosis - 100 rounds cutler. Aspergers/ autism @2yrs

torenada

Postby torenada » Sat May 26, 2012 10:34 am

Yes. How long have you been using it?
Skyler's mommy-
6 yr old w/ autism

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:04 pm

I'm glad your also seeing results! I've used three bottles on and off for about a year, but one bottle only lasts around 4 weeks because I use approximately 3 scoops per day for 2 children and sometimes myself. So really, we've only used it 3 months out of the year. I have seen good results each time I've used it, it seems to boost gains on the AC protocol. But after finishing we go back to the same again I think, I will keep a better eye on it this time. There are so many variables that effect the girls like yeast bacteria and virus. But they do make big leaps while on this stuff . The first week on it both girls were extremely hyper little one was irritable and then more language came for both (18 month old too) and sociability. If funds would permit I'd use it all the time but it's just so expensive.

torenada

Postby torenada » Sat May 26, 2012 12:45 pm

So you're giving more than half a scoop to one child each day? I actually wondered about giving more, but the doctor and the website both said 1/2 a scoop for children. It mentioned giving adults up to three scoops a day, but didn't say anything about a higher limit for children. I am pretty sure Skyler could tolerate a whole scoop, but I was just afraid to go higher. Of course, he's doing so great with it at the current level, I don't guess I really need to increase. I hope he holds these gains - this has been the biggest wow for us in a year of biomedical.
Skyler's mommy-
6 yr old w/ autism

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Sat May 26, 2012 1:12 pm

The reason I'm using more is Because I am raising glutathione with kpu minerals and dr klinghardt says that a child needs up to 16 scoops when metals are spilling out . Also he uses it to control side effects from DMSA chelation. He uses it as more of a "support" to chelation and to mop up excess metals . That's how I'm using it too and it seems to be working well this way especially at controlling symptoms when coming off round. Have you seen the video the dr chris shade on YouTube talk about that it detoxes many substances and my kids seem to handle gluten and cassein MUCH better when on this

Kastania

Postby Kastania » Sat May 26, 2012 2:12 pm

This is something that I would consider using. Torenada, how gently does it help metals leave the G.I. tract? Does it pull them, is the silica very strong? The reason I am asking is that with apple pectin, we had a big regression as it pulled metals out of my daughter's gut which caused a massive yeast flare. It caused all sorts of havoc in her body and took months to recover from. How gentle is the silica?

Also, Pearl, do you buy the silica from the U.K, and if so, where from?

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Sat May 26, 2012 5:07 pm

After doin a few hours research on it ive found this; Read all of this.
It's put me off buying more of this stuff now.
TO be honest everything that dr cutler has advised me has always helped and never harmed which is more than I can say for dr klinghardt . HiS kpu treatment alone without any other supplements was damaging for my daughter as all that b6 made the other b vitamins go out of balance and That caused regression/problems. I tend to believe dr cutler now as I haven't enough knowledge to know most of this stuff myself. Anyway enough of our story, here's the good link;

http://onibasu.com/archives/amc/48058.html

torenada

Postby torenada » Sat May 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Wow, I respect Andy Cutler, but I couldn't even read through all of that testosterone-fueled bickering. It lost me within the first few paragraphs. :( I think Cutler sometimes gets overly passionate in defending his stance, and that's where he loses me. As for IMD, even if Dr. Cutler calmly tells me to my face that it can't possibly work, I would continue with it because I've seen it now with my own eyes. It would be different if any other changes were introduced, but we've done everything the same for the past 4 months, and the only change we've seen has been with the introduction of this product one month ago. That alone will keep me giving it, regardless of what anyone says because seeing is believing. No teachers or therapists were aware that we had started a new protocol, so their response was completely unprovoked and truthful (and GREAT!). Perhaps Cutler was right when he said that the "proprietary blend" of IMD included ALA. If so, great - it's working. As for me, I don't much care for the science of why it works - as long as it continues to work.

Kastania, it's very gentle. We've had no yeast flares so far, and no side effects whatsoever on the recommended dosage. I think the first time we tried it, we already were battling a serious yeast problem, and it probably exacerbated the problem. I would recommend getting the gut in good shape and then trying IMD.
Skyler's mommy-
6 yr old w/ autism

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Sun May 27, 2012 5:04 am

It's difficult because on the other hand I can see it is helping.
I think it is tackling body inflation due to its detoxing of environmental everyday assaults but I know it does not cross the bbb so can not detox the cns which makes it gentle to use. I believe it works like enterosgel the stuff that caringdad having success with

Kari

Postby Kari » Sun May 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Would this be the similar to using diatomaceous earth? I was looking at silapure. (I'm already using biosil for me and my son). Apparently silapure has absorbable silica (orthosilicic acid, which is also what biosil is) and unabsorbable silica (diatomaceous earth). I am wondering if the absorbable forms of silica strengthen/repair the gut lining and if they chelate aluminum in the body, beyond the gut. I would be concerned that unabsorbable silica would interfere with absorption of other minerals, but for a short term detox, i'd try it. I am a biosil believer because it's helped my skin and nails and I think it also helps my gut. Maybe I'll try DE. I can't pay $150 for a "proprietary formula". How do we know IMD isn't just diatomaceous earth or something similar?

fiveyearswasted

Postby fiveyearswasted » Tue May 29, 2012 1:12 am

Pearl1981 wrote:After doin a few hours research on it ive found this; Read all of this.
It's put me off buying more of this stuff now.
TO be honest everything that dr cutler has advised me has always helped and never harmed which is more than I can say for dr klinghardt . HiS kpu treatment alone without any other supplements was damaging for my daughter as all that b6 made the other b vitamins go out of balance and That caused regression/problems. I tend to believe dr cutler now as I haven't enough knowledge to know most of this stuff myself. Anyway enough of our story, here's the good link;

http://onibasu.com/archives/amc/48058.html

Seems kinda hokey to me too.

It is claimed to be a non-absorbing formula....??? What is even the point in that - if the stuff was free? And at $150 can some other supplement do the same work for a lower cost?

EDTA is a true chelator that is basically non-absorbing (only 5% oral absorption), it kills pathogens, breaks up biofilms, and it is cheap (disclaimer: does have some downsides). DMSA is better absorbed (20% - 70% depending upon where you look) but still leaves a lot in the colon to mop up metals there, price is not outrageous. Regular chlorella, whole cell, is not well absorbed, mops up metals, and is cheap.

I have a graph in my head that I need to put on paper. I've noticed that the hokey-ness of a product is directly related to its price. The higher the price, the more ambitious and bogus the claims, generally speaking.
No scientific evidence that autism has a toxic or allergic basis. - Mr. Barrett

torenada

Postby torenada » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Here we are at week 5 of using IMD to chelate, and my child just went the entire day in "big boy undies" without wetting. Potty training has been horrible at my house. My son is super stubborn and would walk around in a wet pullup all day. However, I continue to assert that IMD has made the difference. Therapists and daycare workers are astounded, and just moved him up to an older class today in light of his recent improvements. I know some of you think that the "proprietary formula" is hokey pokey manure, but I've gotta say, I will shell out $150 over and over again for these types of results. Nothing else has made this kind of difference. On the ATEC, we went from a 78 to a 33. I am completely sold. Don't just dismiss it as junk. I would hate to think it could benefit another child like mine, but didn't get to because it was dismissed too quickly. I'm not saying it's the answer for every child, but it was certainly the answer to mine!
Skyler's mommy-
6 yr old w/ autism

KKKK74

Postby KKKK74 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:51 pm

What I am wondering is if stuff like this imd/ndf/enterosgel etc could be given to a 1 year old (with possible/probably spectrum issues) as a preventative type thing prior to hair testing etc and full on chelation ??

If they do no harm, and it is just questionable if they do any good, then why not ?? Cost aside - but then my son is costing us thousands right now so $150 to help prevent some stuff in the baby seems like a bargain to me !

Or can they harm ???!!!

mhflo73

Postby mhflo73 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:06 am

Wow that is impressive progress you've made, congrats! Please continue to post your progress. Thanks

torenada

Postby torenada » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:35 pm

KKKK74 wrote:What I am wondering is if stuff like this imd/ndf/enterosgel etc could be given to a 1 year old (with possible/probably spectrum issues) as a preventative type thing prior to hair testing etc and full on chelation ??

If they do no harm, and it is just questionable if they do any good, then why not ?? Cost aside - but then my son is costing us thousands right now so $150 to help prevent some stuff in the baby seems like a bargain to me !

Or can they harm ???!!!

From what I've researched, IMD targets mercury in the gut and intestines, where buildup can cause inflammation. Inflammation in the gut can shut down Phase III detoxification, which in turn sends a signal to the body to downregulate Phase II, which of course backs up Phase I. Once IMD bonds to mercury in the gut and intestines and moves it out through the stool, the inflammation is repaired, which then allows the body to naturally rid itself of mercury throughout the body on its own. I think this would be a good precursor to full on chelation because it prepares the body to detox more effectively. In my son's case, he seems to now be eliminating the toxins without harsher chelators, which is great. You might find that as well, but if not, it can definitely be paired with ALA or DMSA to help them to work more effectively. That's just my take on the whole thing.

Today was day 2 for my son using the potty all day and keeping his underwear dry. I can't tell you what a relief this is because at age 4, we were starting to worry. His occupational therapist today bragged on and on about his session. A new therapist aide joined them today for her college work, and my son introduced himself and repeatedly interacted with her and called her by name. He transitioned well and sat at the table working on fine motor skills (which he hates) for 30 full minutes, while staying focused. I never thought I would brag on a product this much, but at this point, I am ready to offer myself up to the company as a spokesperson! :wink:
Skyler's mommy-
6 yr old w/ autism

martinsj

Postby martinsj » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:54 am

I have been thinking of using the micro silica as a mop up between rounds and this got me even more tempted. Might be worth trying at least:)

Pearl1981

Postby Pearl1981 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:57 am

Sounds absolutely great
congratulations!
I may purchase some again... :D

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:01 am

Torenada,
Please give us an update on how this is going.
$5 off iherb.com. Use:REW815/$5 off pureformulas.com Use:RJNXCX

JuniperG

Postby JuniperG » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm also interested in your progress. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to add to our enhansa/td glutathione protocol. I don't know that my son HAS mercury in his gut, though. I guess you just try the product and if it helps then you know there must have been mercury there?

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”