Piracetam

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

i-jerry

Re: Piracetam

Postby i-jerry » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:35 am

FatherOf2 wrote:According to the mentioned studies, Piracetam increases membrane fluidity. From wikipedia: "membrane fluidity refers to the viscosity of the lipid bilayer of a cell membrane. The membrane phospholipids incorporate fatty acids of varying length and saturation. Shorter-chain fatty acids, and ones with greater unsaturation (read Omega 3 EFAs), are less stiff, less viscous and have lower melting points." From a different source: "Omega-3 EFAs are distributed heavily throughout cell membranes in the body and help make the membranes more fluid... Fluidity of cell membranes is essential for cell regeneration, detoxification, and optimal receptor function. Membrane fluidity is especially important for efficiency of brain performance." From another source: "The more polyunsaturated lipids contained within the membrane, the greater its fluidity, and the greater its ability to dynamically change its organisation to suit its environment and optimise cellular function." More about membrabe fluidity and EFAs is here: http://www.kidshealth-central.com/omega-3-the-fats-that-have-everybody-smiling.html.

So, it appears that Piracetam somehow enhances the EFA absorption into the cell membranes. That is probably why many people notice even greater effects from piracetam if taken together with fish oil:
http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37187&page=18&p=609031#post609031
http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/46545-piracetam-only-works-with-fish-oil/

Hi FO2, many thanks for post the finding about Piracetam. We are trying to introduce it to my son for his speech delay. He has gaba/glutamate imbalance, low dopamine and high glutamate. In this case, can we give him piracetam to try? thanks again, Jerry

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:12 am

Yes, sure. Pretty much anyone can try Piracetam. It is pretty safe. It either works or not. You can start with half of 800mg dose.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:19 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:Yes, sure. Pretty much anyone can try Piracetam. It is pretty safe. It either works or not. You can start with half of 800mg dose.

thx, I'll order it and try :D

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:46 pm

i-jerry wrote:
FatherOf2 wrote:Yes, sure. Pretty much anyone can try Piracetam. It is pretty safe. It either works or not. You can start with half of 800mg dose.

nootropics depot has a very low price on it, you can get additional 10% discount with coupon code REDDITS

Marya

Postby Marya » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:44 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:nootropics depot has a very low price on it, you can get additional 10% discount with coupon code REDDITS

Thank you so much Fatherof2 for suggesting that. I was looking for it online and couldn't find a resonable price with available shipping to my city. But nootropics depot seems pretty good :D will order it very soon.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:01 am

FatherOf2 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:

nootropics depot has a very low price on it, you can get additional 10% discount with coupon code REDDITS

woo, that's even better, thanks!

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:28 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:

Hi FO2, could you please check is it the correct one
https://www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md/Noot ... -2068.html
Thanks a lot :D

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:57 pm

Yes, that is the right one, branded. I bought made-in-UK Nootropil from a Canadian pharmacy about 4 years ago. It had similar packaging, but the tablets were white, not coated. The ones in your link are coated with some orange stuff, probably to shield the bitter taste. If your child can swallow the whole or half of this tablet, it is great. If not and you are planning to put it in a drink or food, you are better off buying capsules or powder. Before Nootropil, we used a powdered form of Piracetam which dissolved completely in a juice (Green Machine juice). It will be extremely hard to dissolve these coated tablets in a drink or food. Just to let you know.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:04 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:Yes, that is the right one, branded. I bought made-in-UK Nootropil from a Canadian pharmacy about 4 years ago. It had similar packaging, but the tablets were white, not coated. The ones in your link are coated with some orange stuff, probably to shield the bitter taste. If your child can swallow the whole or half of this tablet, it is great. If not and you are planning to put it in a drink or food, you are better off buying capsules or powder. Before Nootropil, we used a powdered form of Piracetam which dissolved completely in a juice (Green Machine juice). It will be extremely hard to dissolve these coated tablets in a drink or food. Just to let you know.

thanks a lot! yes he could swallow tablet and i'll order some for him. speech is the biggest issue for us. is there any other things could boost speech for a child? we tried many things but didn't see big different from last year. Valtrex really gives us a good speech ability but he couldn't handle it for too long so we stopped after 60 days trial. and his speech back to before unfortunately.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:12 pm

i-jerry wrote:thanks a lot! yes he could swallow tablet and i'll order some for him. speech is the biggest issue for us. is there any other things could boost speech for a child? we tried many things but didn't see big different from last year. Valtrex really gives us a good speech ability but he couldn't handle it for too long so we stopped after 60 days trial. and his speech back to before unfortunately.

Speech is one of the biggest concerns for my son too. He tends to forget the meanings of words. Things were much worse before we started anti-seizure meds. Now, he doesn't regress in speech much, but the progress is slow too. If your son's EEG is normal, then you don't need anti-seizure meds and you could try Rhodiola (brand Perfect), Quercetin and Creatine. These three had a big impact in my son's most recent history, but it didn't last. The other one is Galantamine, which we tried several years ago. Please stagger the starts of these substances so that you know what works and what doesn't. If you don't like what you see from Piracetam in just a couple of days, you can move on to the next substance.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:46 am

FatherOf2 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:thanks a lot! yes he could swallow tablet and i'll order some for him. speech is the biggest issue for us. is there any other things could boost speech for a child? we tried many things but didn't see big different from last year. Valtrex really gives us a good speech ability but he couldn't handle it for too long so we stopped after 60 days trial. and his speech back to before unfortunately.

Speech is one of the biggest concerns for my son too. He tends to forget the meanings of words. Things were much worse before we started anti-seizure meds. Now, he doesn't regress in speech much, but the progress is slow too. If your son's EEG is normal, then you don't need anti-seizure meds and you could try Rhodiola (brand Perfect), Quercetin and Creatine. These three had a big impact in my son's most recent history, but it didn't last. The other one is Galantamine, which we tried several years ago. Please stagger the starts of these substances so that you know what works and what doesn't. If you don't like what you see from Piracetam in just a couple of days, you can move on to the next substance.

thanks for your suggestion. I received quercetin from Doctor best today. Is this one good for speech as well? I'm using it for his gaba/glutamate imbalance and higher copper issues. It's great to know it also helps on speech. My son could talk and read his school book nicely but he can't answer the questions, and doesn't understand the story. I'm really thinking he could go to mainstream class if he could talk normally :?

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 am

i-jerry wrote:
FatherOf2 wrote:

thanks for your suggestion. I received quercetin from Doctor best today. Is this one good for speech as well? I'm using it for his gaba/glutamate imbalance and higher copper issues. It's great to know it also helps on speech. My son could talk and read his school book nicely but he can't answer the questions, and doesn't understand the story. I'm really thinking he could go to mainstream class if he could talk normally :?

If it blocks whatever issues are there for your boy, he will talk. Quercentin targets mainly histamine and mast cell issues so if that's an issue for him it will surely help
If you also suspect viruses or bacteria the related supplement will have a positive effect
If you can go back to focus on the supplement/drug that helped him the most wrt his speech, then you can target that certain area. If you suspect viruses, bacteria or allergies, targeting immune defence and tolerance is your best bet!

Marya

Postby Marya » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:08 am

i-jerry wrote:Hi FO2, could you please check is it the correct one

Have you ordered it jerry? I've ordered it from nootropic depot for $11
I will be taking it once I have it.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:18 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:
FatherOf2 wrote:Speech is one of the biggest concerns for my son too. He tends to forget the meanings of words. Things were much worse before we started anti-seizure meds. Now, he doesn't regress in speech much, but the progress is slow too. If your son's EEG is normal, then you don't need anti-seizure meds and you could try Rhodiola (brand Perfect), Quercetin and Creatine. These three had a big impact in my son's most recent history, but it didn't last. The other one is Galantamine, which we tried several years ago. Please stagger the starts of these substances so that you know what works and what doesn't. If you don't like what you see from Piracetam in just a couple of days, you can move on to the next substance.

If it blocks whatever issues are there for your boy, he will talk. Quercentin targets mainly histamine and mast cell issues so if that's an issue for him it will surely help
If you also suspect viruses or bacteria the related supplement will have a positive effect
If you can go back to focus on the supplement/drug that helped him the most wrt his speech, then you can target that certain area. If you suspect viruses, bacteria or allergies, targeting immune defence and tolerance is your best bet!

Hi Nikkie, thanks for your suggestion. We are currently focusing on his high copper issue and want to reduce it to normal range, as well as arsenic.
We did 4 round on dmsa and want to reintroduce Valtrex again when his copper and arsenic come down. Valtrex is the best thing for him so far.
I want to know does high copper and arsenic could cause speech delay?

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:21 am

Marya wrote:
i-jerry wrote:Hi FO2, could you please check is it the correct one

Have you ordered it jerry? I've ordered it from nootropic depot for $11
I will be taking it once I have it.

hi Marya, i haven't order it yet but the price is much better in US than UK :?
I'm looking on the rhodiola rosea from your previous post right now

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:35 am

I confused relationship between Gaba and dopamine. Does gaba improve dopamine level? I read on Yasko's book Pathway to recovery and she said low dopamine could lead to speech delay. And from my son's 23 and me result we are assuming he has low dopamine level. My question is how to improve his dopamine's level? Also, does anyone tried her RNA supplements?

Marya

Postby Marya » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:03 pm

i-jerry wrote:I confused relationship between Gaba and dopamine. Does gaba improve dopamine level? I read on Yasko's book Pathway to recovery and she said low dopamine could lead to speech delay. And from my son's 23 and me result we are assuming he has low dopamine level. My question is how to improve his dopamine's level? Also, does anyone tried her RNA supplements?

Hi jerry, as far as I know, Gaba improves or balance Glutamate level, not sure about Dopamine. For improving dopamine level there are some supplements out there for that, for example, L-tyrosine (very strong), Rhodiola ( will increase both dopamine and serotonin), also some nootropics like Modafinil and Adrafinil. Bacopa will balance dopamine, so if it is high will bring it down and if it low will bring it up. Could you please let me know what are the genes mutations that indicate low dopamine level? And was there any gene indicate high dopamine?
Before you start incresaing dopamine please be careful, and try other things like raising Choline. I think most of speech delay and cognitive issue are not only due to low dopamine level but also to low Choline level.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Marya wrote:
i-jerry wrote:I confused relationship between Gaba and dopamine. Does gaba improve dopamine level? I read on Yasko's book Pathway to recovery and she said low dopamine could lead to speech delay. And from my son's 23 and me result we are assuming he has low dopamine level. My question is how to improve his dopamine's level? Also, does anyone tried her RNA supplements?

Hi jerry, as far as I know, Gaba improves or balance Glutamate level, not sure about Dopamine. For improving dopamine level there are some supplements out there for that, for example, L-tyrosine (very strong), Rhodiola ( will increase both dopamine and serotonin), also some nootropics like Modafinil and Adrafinil. Bacopa will balance dopamine, so if it is high will bring it down and if it low will bring it up. Could you please let me know what are the genes mutations that indicate low dopamine level? And was there any gene indicate high dopamine?
Before you start incresaing dopamine please be careful, and try other things like raising Choline. I think most of speech delay and cognitive issue are not only due to low dopamine level but also to low Choline level.

High Marya, many thanks for your reply. My son had PC over a year in high does so I assume his choline level is ok. I'll look into the supplements you list above and add something more for him,

I read on Dr Amy's book and she said, many children with autism or attentional disorders possess an aberrant form of the COMT enzyme, and either under-methylate or over-methylate the catecholamine neurotransmitters. These variances in COMT funcgioning cause neurotransmitter imbalances that effect mood, attention and activity. Individuals with low enzyme COMT activity will tend to have higher level of dopamine, epinephrine and norepinehprine. Those with overactive COMT enzymes will have low levels if these substances.

I had free NRI from her website and it comes with some information on it. COMT is primary function to help to break down dopamine, VDR +/+ indicated low in vitmine D and dopamine. Also on somewhere on Amy's forum and she said COMT -/- AND VDR-Taq +/+ shows low in dopamine if i remember it correctly.
Please read the link below
http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigen ... bnormality

Marya

Postby Marya » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:07 am

i-jerry wrote:
I read on Dr Amy's book and she said, many children with autism or attentional disorders possess an aberrant form of the COMT enzyme, and either under-methylate or over-methylate the catecholamine neurotransmitters. These variances in COMT funcgioning cause neurotransmitter imbalances that effect mood, attention and activity. Individuals with low enzyme COMT activity will tend to have higher level of dopamine, epinephrine and norepinehprine. Those with overactive COMT enzymes will have low levels if these substances.

I had free NRI from her website and it comes with some information on it. COMT is primary function to help to break down dopamine, VDR +/+ indicated low in vitmine D and dopamine. Also on somewhere on Amy's forum and she said COMT -/- AND VDR-Taq +/+ shows low in dopamine if i remember it correctly.
Please read the link below
http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigen ... bnormality

Thanks jerry. I meant to say what are the genes mutations in your son that indicate low dopamine level? And if thre was other genes that indicate high dopamine?

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”