I.V. Glutathione push

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Maxs dad

Re: I.V. Glutathione push

Postby Maxs dad » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:53 pm

https://www.tacanow.org/family-resource ... ne-autism/

An article to read about glutathione.....if anyone's interested.

biomed_dad

Postby biomed_dad » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Maxs dad wrote:From my experience here is the best to worst as far as GSH goes.

1. Nebulized
2. TD
3. Oral

I have tried all of these. i have heard IV is best but because I cannot find a DR to administer the IV i cannot put it as 1 since i have no personal experience. Oral is by far the least effective. You will hit a plateau in 2 months time with oral as my son did. We started TD GSH after oral and he made another big jump. Then we moved to Nebulized after TD and made yet another jump up forward. I saw gains as well as his ABA team, and they did notknow what supplements I give or when i give them.

But hey try it for yourself and see how it goes. I hope you see gains in the first two months with oral as I did. Good luck.

When you say oral, was it specifically liposomal glutathione? If not liposomally encapsulated then I agree oral will be very ineffective.

makingitpossible

Postby makingitpossible » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:52 pm

We did IV glutathione push three times. Twice we knew about it and once there was miscommunication between the nurses and MD and we got the IV glutathione instead of caEDTA. We had the worst behavior and regression I have ever seen with this. I don't know if it was stirring toxins, releasing them too fast and too much sulfur (all MD suggested) but I would never want to go back to what that caused. It was by far the worst times of my life. Never going back there.
But every kid is so different. Just thought I would share. BTW the bad behavior lasted about 1-2 weeks each time so it wasn't permanent.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:27 am

makingitpossible wrote:We did IV glutathione push three times. Twice we knew about it and once there was miscommunication between the nurses and MD and we got the IV glutathione instead of caEDTA. We had the worst behavior and regression I have ever seen with this. I don't know if it was stirring toxins, releasing them too fast and too much sulfur (all MD suggested) but I would never want to go back to what that caused. It was by far the worst times of my life. Never going back there.
But every kid is so different. Just thought I would share. BTW the bad behavior lasted about 1-2 weeks each time so it wasn't permanent.

I was about to ask you how that caEDTA push was going on.

makingitpossible

Postby makingitpossible » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:03 am

makingitpossible wrote:I was about to ask you how that caEDTA push was going on.

Great! We had 10 total so far. We are retesting right now (haven't got results back) on liver/kidney function and checking metals. Much much better behavior addressing the lead. However we aren't addressing mercury so no major improvements in other areas although overall it has been really positive. I am terrified to address mercury. We will do it through IV dmps and see what happens. I will start very slow. I am not 100% sure she can handle the sulfur but have to try. We are more focused on the gut and refuse to do AC chelation again right now.

I would really like to know why she did so terrible on IV glutathione but she did.

biomed_dad

Postby biomed_dad » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:16 am

One study which attempted to measure the effects of liposomal oral glutathione and transdermal glutathione:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3628138/

Results themselves don't look that encouraging, though not clear if they can really measure intracellular glutathione well. Also there is no way to know what the levels are in the brain and if those improved.

kulkulkan

Postby kulkulkan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:22 pm

biomed_dad wrote:One study which attempted to measure the effects of liposomal oral glutathione and transdermal glutathione:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3628138/

Results themselves don't look that encouraging, though not clear if they can really measure intracellular glutathione well. Also there is no way to know what the levels are in the brain and if those improved.

Thanks for posting this. I knew any glutathione, much like NAC, can only work extracellularly and doesn't cross BBB, but hopefully provides precursors would help with intracellular glutathione. This study suggests that it may not do that despite the higher values of the sulphur metabolites. The other limitation is the very short half life so even if intercellular GSH was temporarily raised, which is unlikely, it wasn't for long.

We didnt see much with transdermal GSH at recommended dosage last year (which is used in the study) so this time went 3x dosage and do believe there is a slight positive change. No side effects for us.

This study would also suggest improving methylation is much better approach to raise intercellular glutathione (MB12 does cross BBB).

Maxs dad

Postby Maxs dad » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:23 am

very interesting study! Sounds like many kids react negatively to GSH. Also states that the results are inconclusive that GSH works.

After reading that study, I am wondering why it has such a positive effect on my son??? They must be missing something, I know some kids respond in a very positive way.

mbzoltan

Postby mbzoltan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:45 pm

We have seen massive improvements in sleep since giving low dose transdermal GSH.

biomed_dad

Postby biomed_dad » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:07 am

mbzoltan wrote:We have seen massive improvements in sleep since giving low dose transdermal GSH.

Out of curiousity, are you also doing any methylation cycle supports (folinic acid or methyl folate and methyl-b12)?

While our son did good during the day on the liposomal glutathione, the night was a disaster. We had recently taken a break from methylation cycle supports (methyl folate and methyl-b12 shots) to address some other concerns, now I am wondering if this was the problem. Perhaps when methylation cycle blockages are not being addressed and the external source of glutathione is added, it may result in a build up of homocysteine due to a methionine synthase issue.

Maxs dad

Postby Maxs dad » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:22 am

biomed_dad wrote:
mbzoltan wrote:We have seen massive improvements in sleep since giving low dose transdermal GSH.

Out of curiousity, are you also doing any methylation cycle supports (folinic acid or methyl folate and methyl-b12)?

While our son did good during the day on the liposomal glutathione, the night was a disaster. We had recently taken a break from methylation cycle supports (methyl folate and methyl-b12 shots) to address some other concerns, now I am wondering if this was the problem. Perhaps when methylation cycle blockages are not being addressed and the external source of glutathione is added, it may result in a build up of homocysteine due to a methionine synthase issue.

Some kids on oral liposomal GSH have problems because of yeast. For some reason it makes yeast worse. When I did the oral liposomal I made sure to give saccharomyces Boulardii along with it to prevent this. I know my son gets up at 2 or 3am all the time when yeast is a problem. That is the good part about transdermal and nebulized GSH, doesn't cause any yeast problems.

mbzoltan

Postby mbzoltan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:45 pm

biomed_dad wrote:

We've been on the Yasko protocol for 13 months, so yes.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:47 pm

biomed_dad wrote:

Hi biomed dad,

I'm not sure if you still come to the forum or not. If you see the message, could you please let us know how is liposomal GSH goes with your child? which brand did you use? I'm looking for it and find two brands LivOn and Quicksilver. but my son seems has yeast issue and we are using Threelac for him everyday. Thanks in advanced.
Jerry

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”