Grinding Teeth what can i do ?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Grinding Teeth what can i do ?

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:17 pm

Hi ladies we are in our 3rd round of chemets. did 5 pills for 3 days= 15 caps. Then we stoped for 12 days. During that period of time i noticed that he has tarted grinding his teeth during the night time. He use to do this in the past but has not done this for more than 2 yers now. Does any one know what may be causing him to start grinding his teeth again ? Please advice on what can i do to help him . He is doing well. a bit of a cold with the snow we have been having here in Mass but in all he is fine. I have been giving him Enchianesia Golden root & Golden Seal supp. (New)- I added to his supplements 2 drops of Oregano oil. He is taking it by mouth under tongue. & Milk Threstle from kirkman. Can this be causing this i don't think so, but perhaps one of you ladie may have a answer for me. or can it be that i may need to add some other supplemes to his regiments of vit because he is chelating. I'm thinking he may be low on something and that is what may be causing him to do this. Has any of you ladies seen this happend with your children while chelating with the DMPS. He did not do this on the first not the second round of his chelation with this supplement. Thank you for the replys ladies.

mom from mass

Postby mom from mass » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:20 pm

The top post is from me mom from mass

rlneub

Postby rlneub » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:35 pm

Often low zinc

Rachel-Tanner's mom

Postby Rachel-Tanner's mom » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:36 pm

zinc stopped my NT son (speech delayed). For what it worth, I have heard that a zinc deficiency causes teeth grinding.
(Comments should be viewed as opinions of a mom and not through the capacity of my profession)

mom from mass

Postby mom from mass » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:06 pm

Thank you both very much for the answers.
Last edited by mom from mass on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:52 am

I definitely see this with Gavin when he is low in zinc. I have heard others having to increase B5 as well. Goodluck!
Tami

Dana

Postby Dana » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:05 pm

TD DMSA brought out teeth grinding and shirt chewing for my son....zinc stopped it for his as well.

Good luck,
Dana

mom from mass

Postby mom from mass » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:10 pm

Thank you all for your responds. As soon as i read the post i gave him more zink & mag and last night there was no teeth grinding. :)

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:10 pm

Now that i think of it the Zinc may be right because my son used to grind his teeth during the day. It drove me insane. I hate that sound but since he's been on a multivitam with zinc in it he hasnt been doing it.

mom from mass

Update On Grinding Teeth.

Postby mom from mass » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:24 pm

Update report on Evans grinding his teeth = None since upgrading the supplements with Zinc & Mag :) Thanks

Tami what is B5

We have ended with his 3rd round of the chemets on Dec 4th. As You all know he does not have a behavior problem. On this day he seem to have it all, he was upset, screaming, pulling, on everyones face, he looked like the angry face of the emotico we have on this forum mad. :x :lol:

His big sister was just laughing all the way with this cause she is just not use to seeing him this way. To her it was all too funny. she could not get over how mad and silly he was acting. I had to explain to her that this was part of his chelating process, and that was why he was acting the way he was. She said it was weird to see him this way.

I know is the chelation and i am :D cause i know is working & it must be hitting a spot in his body with the metals so this is good news for me. In the night he is sleeping wellbut I have stated to see some jumping in the night time while he is sleeping. This is something i have not seen him do for more than 2 I/2 yrs now & he started to do this again about 5 days ago. He almost gave me a heart attack when he jumped. Is there something i can do to help with this ?.

His appetite is good no problem there. His skin looks like a babys botton very nice & clear. I Kept him home from school Monday and Tuesday if i get any good report from school i will share it with all. :wink:

He starts his 3rd round on Dec 18 we shall see what other unexpectenly encounters we will have then while chelating on the next round. lol. Will keep you posted on our adventures with DMPS :lol: :wink:
Last edited by mom from mass on Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

halx67

Postby halx67 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:02 pm

my daughter has been sick with some sort of virus the last few days , and she has just started grinding her teeth I am going to try giving her more zinc. I hope it works

jjmom

Postby jjmom » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:26 am

All, when you said give more zinc, what is the dose that you give? My son is grinding his teeth too and we're keeping his zinc up. But I am worried about zinc overdose.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:26 am

Mine has started this as well. His zinc levels are fine. Did a search and found many possible causes:

parasites, low zinc, anemia, detoxing lead, B12 deficiency, calc def, mag, def ????????????????

HTRTC

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:51 am

When doing TD DMSA, our kids lose a lot of zinc, that's how we now to try zinc first when seeing the teeth grinding :wink: Just parent experience, thank goodness we have each other, eh!?! :D I follow Tami's protocol, from Pfieffer maybe :?: child's weight plus 20. My son weighs 63 pounds so I give him 88mg of zinc, the tablets come in 22mg's so I give him 4 tablets throughout the day.

Dana

Dana

Postby Dana » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:53 am

Forgot to login, sick today,

Dana
Dana

mom from mass

Postby mom from mass » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:54 pm

Dana I hope you get well soon.

We give 50 mg of zink every 2 to 3 days. cause zink will get him constipated. We also give him the zink sulfur cream perhaps 2 to 3x a week. We don't do both at the same time. one or the other. We also give him Cal/mag liquid 1x daily & 1 cap of Mag 500mg 1x daily. Since he is older he needs a larger dose than what your babys will need. :wink: I did not give him any zink last night and we had teeth grinding.

He whent to school yesterday. The teachers report came back positive, he was well behaved and did his work all day. No storm :lol: when he came home he was so relaxed it was so funny. He was all the opposite from the day before. It was like the calm after the storm :lol:

Do any of you ladies know what B5 is. Tami said something on this but i have no idea what this is.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:48 am

Food allergies can also cause teeth grinding.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”