Vitamin C Destroys Viruses

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Mom_to_two

Vitamin C Destroys Viruses

Postby Mom_to_two » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:21 pm

I try to not say a lot about autism and its causes and hopeful cures. I know it is a politically charged issue and I try very hard not to say too much. But there is something I have stumbled on years ago and we still use this to this day, that has made a huge difference for my son.

It is Vitamin C. I read on Dr. Mercola's website this past week the following (copied):

"To date, not a single virus has been tested that is not inactivated (killed) by a large enough dose of vitamin C (ascorbic acid)... A primary way in which vitamin C destroys viruses, or sets them up for destruction by the immune system, is by activating the 'Fenton reaction.' In a nutshell, this reaction can proceed inside the virus, inside cells in which viruses are replicating, and on the surfaces of the viruses themselves.

The result of this reaction that is stimulated by the presence of vitamin C, one or more transition metal cations, and the local presence of peroxide is the immediate production of hydroxyl radicals. These radicals are the most reactive oxidizing agents ever identified. As such, they radically upregulate oxidative stress and end up destroying whatever is in their immediate environment."

I have found these statements to be true, atleast in our experience.

I know that many listmates feel strongly that viruses have a lot to do with their child's autism. I feel bacteria also can play a big role. Vitamin c takes care of both of these types of infections, and also increases glutathione in the body (by alleviating oxidative stress). I feel that maybe vitamin c is overlooked. Vitamin c has really helped my child, and it is one of the most important supplements for him.

I just wanted to point this out becasue I also feel viruses and bacteria can play a big role in autism, and I really feel that Vitamin C is overlooked somehow.

I hope this helps someone out there. Please look into this and draw your own conclusions. The best of luck always,

shayo

Re: Vitamin C Destroys Viruses

Postby shayo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:16 pm

Thank you for this but I have had to stop Vit c due to high oxalates.

Albert. S

Postby Albert. S » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:08 am

.....mom to 2.. , thanks for info. I knew Vit C was good, but nice to have better explanation why.

luis

Postby luis » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:37 am

Thank you for the topic and the explanation. Very interesting.

Mom_to_two

Postby Mom_to_two » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:29 pm

You are very welcome,

Mom_to_two

marcuswelby

Postby marcuswelby » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:18 pm

Are you still doing the vitamin C?

amanda NC

Postby amanda NC » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi,

I am not mom_to_two, but have been working with biomed for many years. Vitamin C continues to be at the center of our supplement protocol after many, many years of use. It continues to gain in popularity. While we use "regular" ascorbic acid on a regular basis, by far the best vitamin C supplement out there is LivOn Labs' liposomal vitamin C supplement, called Lypo C. The liposomal encapsulation makes the C as effective as IV vitamin C, or nearly so. A protocol of several packets a day for a week does amazing things.

The C is encapsulated in a fat liposome, so it is able to pass through fatty membranes, and can get into places that C normally cannot.

Dr. Thomas Levy is the man who is considered the vitamin C expert, I think; he was a cardiovascular doctor who continued some impressive existing research, and has dedicated the last many years to spreading the word. He oversaw the development of the liposomal product listed above, which is considered to be the gold standard today. We have tried Mercola's liposomal C, which is cheaper, but it does not work as well as LivOn Labs' product.

It's $30 for a box of 30 packets on Amazon. When we can afford it, we use two packets a day. Every few months, we will do a five-day protocol of five packets a day. We'll do one packet day one, two packets day two, five packets daily for five days, then two packets, then one. But it is thought to be important to continue taking at least 1,000 mg a day for awhile after, as you don't want to cut off the C supply after giving your body a hefty dose of it.

I try to give everyone in my family 1,000 mg a day. When money's an issue, we use chewable C or Mercola's liposomal. Mercola's works better than regular ascorbic acid pills, I think, but not as well as LivOn Labs'.

Go on youtube--search Dr. Thomas Levy liposomal vitamin C. He has some great videos with great information. LivOn Labs is also manufacturing a range of other supplements in liposomal form, like B vitamins, ALA and glutathione. We have tried the glutathione and it worked extremely well--but at $60 a box of 30 packets we were not able to use it long-term.
Amanda, mom of 3

stang95

Postby stang95 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:48 am

Amanda that product sounds great but I honestly don't know how I would get my son to take it! How does it taste?

luis

Postby luis » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:07 pm

stang95 wrote:Amanda that product sounds great but I honestly don't know how I would get my son to take it! How does it taste?

Awful ! Not trying to discourage, the product is great. But the taste couldn't be worse.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:26 pm

Yes that particular one is pretty disgusting but we are using one from Lipolife which does have dramatic effect on acute viruses and tastes better :)

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”