Hbot and yeast, TamiW or anybody?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

ninibaba

Hbot and yeast, TamiW or anybody?

Postby ninibaba » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi, Tamy ,
I am doing hyperbaric oxygen hard chamber with my 5year old daughter now. We have completed 9 dived now, and yeast has become a huge problem for us. Before hbot we were free of yeast for a few months without any antifungals. Now with hbot it all comes back.
I read your old posts that you also had this problem when doing hbot. So in your experience how many dives before the yeast were gone? Or did you have it as long as you were doing hbot? Did the yeast go away after you discontinued dives?
Thanks in advance!
Yun

andyseattle

Re: Hbot and yeast, TamiW or anybody?

Postby andyseattle » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:06 pm

Could you please share the experience after 9 dives?

Do you see any improvement or regression?
Do you do HBOT everyday for your child?

any Big wow?

ninibaba

Postby ninibaba » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:54 am

sure I can share our experience, but 9 dives is still too early to see any real results.
The first few sessions were really rough with my girl panicked in the chamber. then things got better after a few trial dives. Now she can happily enter the chamber with her father, and handle the whole session pretty well except that she still gets impatient towards the end of each session and demands the door to be open. but her father has been able to console her.

she was very very tired for a week or so, didn't want to go out to play. she was bad tempered for the first two weeks, didnt sleep well, asked for snacks all the time. then I realized it could be yeast. I increased GSE dosage and her mood stablized, and she is able to sleep through the night again.

She also develped lots of rashes since we started HBOT, mostly red pimples around her mouth and anus, skin colored tiny bumpes along her spine and also other places like arms,chest, legs, buts, which does not seem to bother her too much.

I also maintains an low dose antiviral protocol the whole time using monolaurin and elderberry. we have been doing antiviral protocol for more than a year, now with HBOT, we seem to get the virus out more easily.

I saw some subtle changes, her motor skill improved a little bit. before HBOT she had some kind of weird high pitched sound when she tried to talk which lasted quite a while. this went away with the first dive, she is now able to lower her voice and has pretty good articulation. she is also more responsive now, when she is in good mood, I dont have to ask twice to get her do something. I can even get her running to me when she is playing in the noisy playground and I am outside just by calling her name. this evening I blowed a baloon for her to play, she actually enjoyed playing with me. while in the past I would have to bribe her to get her play with the balloon.

Those changes are subtle, and I am not quite sure these are really improvement or just my imagination yet. So we are still waiting for more to come.

andyseattle

Postby andyseattle » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm really appreciated for your shared experience.
Those words help me a lot in making a decision.
It means to me.

Thank you again.

happymom

Postby happymom » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:20 am

a
Last edited by happymom on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

biomed_dad

Postby biomed_dad » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:15 pm

The explanation given to us is that if there is a sizeable overgrowth of anaerobic gut bacteria then HBOT will be successful at first at reducing this overgrowth (often you see die off symptoms during the first several rounds), but that you then often end up triggering an overgrowth of yeast to fill the void. The protocol is to ensure you are on proper antifungals and also restock the system with probiotics at the end of the day to avoid the yeast overgrowth problem.

kulkulkan

Postby kulkulkan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:27 pm

happymom, what is the protocol and cost of using hospital grade 2.0 ATA / 100% oxygen?

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:38 am

May i ask should i give my son Probiotic before HBOT, during or after? thanks in advanced

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”