Hand Flapping - will it ever stop?

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Hand Flapping - will it ever stop?

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:11 pm

Hi. I'm new to the boards. I haven't done any of the Dr. N stuff yet but I am planning to. My son has sensory issues and seems to be constantly flapping or clapping/wringing his hands together and it is almost always accompanied by a humming sound. (He is 4 1/2.) Some days are good...some are worse than others. He knows how to control it (we say 'hands quiet'...he will stop but start up later. Sometimes it seems as if he can't help it. Has anyone ever seen this sort of behavior diminish or go away completely? He had done this since 18 months. He is verbal and only seems to do this when very excited or nervous or bored. I'm looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. Will this ever end? Anyone with experience with this I'd love to hear your stories...[/b]

mom from mass

Postby mom from mass » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:27 pm

Guest we all have. This is the place you will find help. These supplements can help him with stemming. Read This Site. It will help you to understand what to give him. http://www.autismweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=831#831
If you have any other questions please ask and somoene will answer if they can help. Good Luck. MOM from Mass

Thanks for the reply...

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:33 pm

Thanks so much. I will check it out! :)

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”