Back and really could use advice and help!!!

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

jen78ky1

Back and really could use advice and help!!!

Postby jen78ky1 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi all. Well I havent been here in years honestly, but I used to be here on a daily basis! Anyway Ive posted about my son on here quite a bit in the past. He is 11 years old with autism. He is not really speaking much but can get a few words or couple words put together when he is motivated. Anyway, so heres the situation. My ex and I are divorced, 4 years now. He is remarried. He has our kids most of the time as I am trying to get on my feet. Not having much luck but that is a whole other story. I did just finish my bachelors in early childhood education and I am planning on pursuing a masters most likely in aba therapy. Hopefully something good will happen soon. But anyway , recently my sons behavior is getting worse. He is getting more frustrated, irritable, more aggression, etc.. Of course it has to do with the difficulty in communicating but I also think that puberty is probably a factor also now. Anyway my ex, his wife and I do not have too good of a history but at this point I think we all know that we are going to have to work together in order to help my son. So, basically Im trying to see if I can get them to do some basic things like enzymes and probiotics.. We will see.. Stepmom is a nurse actually. She probably believes more in vaccines, medical interventions, etc. Though I have not really had a conversation about this with her.

Anyway I know her and my ex and extremely frustrated with how our son is acting. My ex husband broke down and was crying last time I saw him. His wife says hes been like that all the time. So I think things have to be pretty bad over there but I really dont know what all is going on exactly. He is on risperidone, low dose, and they need to get him off of it eventually because it has some really bad side effects. I think he is also on clonidine. Something needs to be adjusted with his medication but I know that medication alone is not the answer! Even though they seem to think that. Anyway cant get into the neurologist until august. Hoping they can get his meds adjusted sooner though. Well I just wanted to post. This is really difficult. And I cant be there to give him the supplements that he needs. I only see my kids one day a week right now. I have a roommate so its difficult to have them here very much. And when I do have them I dont always have help and its hard to watch my son and daughter because he will just bolt and I have to run after him. Its crazy.

Anyway one of the other reasons I am posting on here is because I want to order the Klares probiotics. im actually trying to remember the name of the one that is 50+ billion. I had him onthat years ago. I remember that someone helped me with putting in a patient code in order to be able to get these probiotics. Does anyone have a code for me/??? Its been so long since I ordered them. Well I am open to any advice or things that can be done to help my son. Its very hard doing this long distance... Im 35 miles away but I dont see them often as I said. Oh and to make things more complicated, ex and wife are having a baby in september! So thats more adjustments for my son. She already yells at him when he does things that he cant help and says its effective.. Its only going to get worse! She also expects my 6 year old typical daughter to be a little adult and does not accept her acting like a kid. So my daughter is having anxiety issues.... she says I talk to daddy , not mimi (stepmom) Shes probably scared of her. Anyway, Im going to end this for now. I feel I just really need support right now because I am going a little crazy!! Oh by the way, I am in the louisville kentucky area if anyone lives here or near here. Id love to meet some local people. Well I look forward to hearing from some of you. Thanks for listening/reading!!

Jennifer

jen78ky1

Re: Back and really could use advice and help!!!

Postby jen78ky1 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:04 pm

anyone??

Pirsig

Postby Pirsig » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:11 am

jen78ky1 wrote:Anyway one of the other reasons I am posting on here is because I want to order the Klares probiotics. im actually trying to remember the name of the one that is 50+ billion. I had him onthat years ago. I remember that someone helped me with putting in a patient code in order to be able to get these probiotics. Does anyone have a code for me/??? Its been so long since I ordered them.

Jennifer

I think the Klaire product you are looking for is "Detoxification Support with 50+ billion". I ordered it recently and did not have a patient code - but they asked me for my doctor's name and I told them. Hope this helps.

jen78ky1

Postby jen78ky1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:41 am

Thank you for that information

autismnhusa

Postby autismnhusa » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:03 am

The western medicine is useless in dealing with your son's condition. The current bio-thing will do more harm to your son in a long/short run. The type of ABA crap does not cut either. If you want to look for a solution, there is one: some special remedies in the traditional chinese medicine.

varen2

Postby varen2 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:12 am

I don't know if this might help, but I believe that if your son has yeast infection issues, probiotics might make it worse.

I've read an article by Dr Bruce Semon about yeast treatments and everything made so much sense to me. Now I am almost sure that sugars, barley malt, sweet fruit and some other foods are triggering my son's repetitive behaviors and tantrums.

Here is a short explanation of "Feast without Yeast" Diet:
http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/bo ... sect2.html

This is a link to his webpage explaining how it might help "big" kids:
http://192.163.234.9/learning-and-devel ... abilities/

If you decide to try this diet for your son, it only works with Nystatin. My son was on a Stage 4 "Feast without Yeast" Diet for 3 weeks with some results, but we've started to see real improvements as soon as he started taking Nystatin.

You might want to buy a book from this doctor to implement a diet. He also has a website with additional info.

Nystatin only works if you don't take any B vitamin supplements. Vitamin B supplements seem to interact with Nystatin. So please don't take vitamin B supplements (in fact, this doctor says that multivitamins often "feed" yeast and he suggests not to take any supplements while taking Nystatin)
There is no such thing as yeast resistance to Nystatin (you will see some suggestions on this forum to take Duflican instead of Nystatin). Duflican doesn't kill yeast in lower intestinal tract and only works for a short period of time.

Best and safest anti yeast drug is Nystatin. Nystatin can be taken for up to a few years without any side effects. However, Nystatin will work only if you follow the "Feast without Yeast" Diet. We've been doing this diet for 1 month only, but my son is already putting together 3 word sentences. His repetitive behavior is getting better.

I will be posting our progress on this diet in a few months time.

I am really sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you right now. But you need to be strong and keep it together for your kids. You need a good plan on how to get your degree, then get a job and have your kids around more often. This is the only way you can help your son.

If you decide to try the diet, the best way will be to convince your ex husband to implement the diet and make sure your son is strictly following this diet.

amanda NC

Postby amanda NC » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:34 am

Hey, Jen78! Good to hear from you.

Many, if not most, of the "old" people from years ago are pretty much gone. I check back every now and again to see if there's anything new--mostly to read anything JeniB's posted :). I often go months and months, though.

Sorry to hear things are so tough in your world. Congrats, though, on your degree! That is a huge accomplishment!
Amanda, mom of 3

Josie

Postby Josie » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Two supplements that made significant improvements for my son were thiamin (vitamin B1) and organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. Do not cook with the olive oil but add it to salads or cooked food. (add two to five tsp. per day.) These are easy things to try and not expensive. You can buy thiamin online at iherb and the olive oil in most grocery and health food stores or purchase it online as well. Olive oil helps with constipation and gut problems and thiamin has many benefits. I don't think most diets provide enough. Some of the benefits are

Improves brain function: It ensures smooth functioning of the brain and helps improve memory and concentration. Vitamin B1 helps relieve stress and also helps strengthen the nerves. The vitamin is used to reduce the progression of multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, cirrhosis, and other infections.

Development of myelin sheaths: Myelin sheaths are the protective covering of the nerves. Deficiency of vitamin B1 results in weakening of the sheaths. Adequate intake of vitamin B1 ensures the development of myelin sheaths and aids nerve functioning.

Also, a good probiotic is Culturelle. I believe you can give it even if you are using other probiotics.

http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/hea ... id/370526/

jen78ky1

Postby jen78ky1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Thanks everyone..... My ex wont implement any special diets or supplements. He never really believed any of it helped even though my son was showing significant improvements.

Varen2, this sums it up perfectly
You need a good plan on how to get your degree, then get a job and have your kids around more often. This is the only way you can help your son.

Having him with me more IS the only way I can help him. because I cannot make my ex and his wife try new things. Everything is already so stressful over in that house, they just want to do whats easiest, not whats best for him.

jen78ky1

Postby jen78ky1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Thanks everyone..... My ex wont implement any special diets or supplements. He never really believed any of it helped even though my son was showing significant improvements.

Varen2, this sums it up perfectly
You need a good plan on how to get your degree, then get a job and have your kids around more often. This is the only way you can help your son.

Having him with me more IS the only way I can help him. because I cannot make my ex and his wife try new things. Everything is already so stressful over in that house, they just want to do whats easiest, not whats best for him.

mommy4ev

Postby mommy4ev » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:54 pm

Josie wrote:Two supplements that made significant improvements for my son were thiamin (vitamin B1) and organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. Do not cook with the olive oil but add it to salads or cooked food. (add two to five tsp. per day.) These are easy things to try and not expensive. You can buy thiamin online at iherb and the olive oil in most grocery and health food stores or purchase it online as well. Olive oil helps with constipation and gut problems and thiamin has many benefits. I don't think most diets provide enough. Some of the benefits are

Improves brain function: It ensures smooth functioning of the brain and helps improve memory and concentration. Vitamin B1 helps relieve stress and also helps strengthen the nerves. The vitamin is used to reduce the progression of multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, cirrhosis, and other infections.

Development of myelin sheaths: Myelin sheaths are the protective covering of the nerves. Deficiency of vitamin B1 results in weakening of the sheaths. Adequate intake of vitamin B1 ensures the development of myelin sheaths and aids nerve functioning.

Also, a good probiotic is Culturelle. I believe you can give it even if you are using other probiotics.

http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/hea ... id/370526/

Hello Josie - I know this is an old post. But how much ml/mg/ or tabs did you give your son with thiamin? What improvements did you see and how long? Thanks!

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”