NDF Plus started

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

gdv2500

NDF Plus started

Postby gdv2500 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:57 pm

We started NDF plus 3 days ago. It's a mixed bag for us so far. My son is 2 1/2 and weighs about 28-29 pounds. We decided to go for a diluted version (1 drop in 5 oz of water, 1 tsp twice a day).

Overall, we're getting some good eye contact and good verbalization (he tried a lot of sounds at his speech session today). However, anxiety, social withdrawal, and hyperactivity have all increased. Diapers have also changed -- REALLY smelly and yucky poop and strange smelling urine (and a LOT of it). He has an increased thirst as well.

We're dosing him 2 times a day (once before lunch and once before dinner). We can't do first thing in the A.M. because he doesn't tend to drink much as school, and I can't trust the staff to push liquids to him the whole time, so I wait until 11:30 when he gets home to do the first dose.

Sleep is still good (even with the hyperactivity). The behavior issues are an increase in hair pulling, biting, spinning.

I'm not sure at this point what are going to be transient behaviors and what might be a bad reaction to NDF plus. I'm giving him such a small amount that I'm surprised it even makes a difference. However, it has seemed to affect his body in a big way.

NDF Plus users, do you think I should give him a few days to adjust or pull back his dose even more than it is? :?:
Gary - Cameron's Dad

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:48 pm

Gary,
The icky smelling poops are not considered an aggravation since that is how many of the toxins are released. THe spinning, biting, pulling hair, anxiety, social withdrawal, and hyperactivity can all be signs of aggravations.

I would try pulling the dose back even more. I know it sounds like such a small dose but it's always best to avoid any aggravations. I would try 1/2 teaspoon of the diluted version you have (1 drop to 5 ounces of water) to try to make those aggravations go away. You want the dose high enough to see improvements but low enough that there are no aggravations. You might try squeezing some lemon juice in water (fresh squeezed lemonade without sugar can be made with xylitol, agave nector or stevia) to help alkaline his body a bit more.

Hope this helps! Goodluck!
Tami

gdv2500

Postby gdv2500 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:20 pm

Thanks, Tami. We haven't pulled the dose back yet and had a much better day today. Still lots of migrating to the corner to hide, but not so much spinning, biting, etc. Poop also seems to be getting a bit better. LOTS of interaction today (imitation, talking, verbal requesting), and a good report from school. I agree, though, that these seem like aggravations that are a direct result of the toxins being pulled out. I'll cut him back and see if we are better tomorrow.

Thanks very much!!
Gary - Cameron's Dad

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:43 pm

Anytime! Let us know how he does. Goodluck!
Tami

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”