high vaccine titers/overactive immune system

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

sdelo3

high vaccine titers/overactive immune system

Postby sdelo3 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:20 pm

Can anyone speak regarding high vaccine titers? I recently obtained levels for my 5 year old son, and he showed immunity to most of the communicable diseases without boosters, including varicella against which he was never vaccinated. I'm having difficulty finding much out there, but I have this feeling that his levels are too high, particularly for rubella (4.61), measles (>5) and mumps (>5), and that this may be the next thing we investigate.

My guy is rarely sick, to the point where I think he falls into the category of overactive immune system. We spent about a year doing biomed with a DAN doctor, with absolutely no effect, positive or negative. We then switched to a naturopath/MD, who recently passed away suddenly, and I'm looking for our next step. I think it may be immunity.

Thank you!

jaumeb

Re: high vaccine titers/overactive immune system

Postby jaumeb » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:29 am

What have you tried so far?

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Have you tried antivirals?

sdelo3

Postby sdelo3 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:39 pm

jaumeb wrote:What have you tried so far?

We started with the basic DAN protocol, B-12 shots for six months, and one round of chelation. Thousands of dollars in office visits and supplements, and the most effective intervention was GFCFSF, and that only made it so he can now feel pain. Nothing else seemed to affect him, for better or worse, he just progresses at his own steady albeit delayed pace. We did ABA for more that a year, and quit that too after losing BI after BI and having to basically train each one as the training provided to them was so brief and so lacking. It also reinforced his scripted speech. OT and speech however have been very helpful, as has school (SDC).

We stopped the aggressive biomed because it just wasn't feeling right. His doctor was very smart, but terribly ungrounded and I had a hard time absorbing all of the information he fired at us. It also didn't feel like he was paying very close attention. When I asked him to clarify some of the discrepancies on the chelation paperwork, I was told I needed to schedule an appointment. So we switched to a naturopath MD, backed off on all except a multi-vitamin, vit D in the winter, probiotics, and cod liver oil, and have kept with GFCF diet. The naturopath passed away last month after ordering vaccine titers for school. I so wish I could discuss the findings with him. :(

Other info that feels relevant to me: I was vaccinated against pertussis in my third trimester. He is rarely sick, and then only mild colds, maybe once or twice a year. He doesn't appear to be a gut kid, has normal BMs daily. He's really a lovely guy, super affectionate and friendly, but significantly delayed in expressive and receptive language and social skills. Obsessed with fire hydrants and drawing lines.

sdelo3

Postby sdelo3 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:40 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:Have you tried antivirals?

No, and not sure where to start. I guess with getting a new doctor, but I dread having to start over again.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:41 pm

sdelo3 wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:Have you tried antivirals?

No, and not sure where to start. I guess with getting a new doctor, but I dread having to start over again.

I have two different doctors but none of them suggested antivirals, I can't be bothered to try to win a battle so doing my own thing while one of my doctors is making a decision on valtrex- you might have to do the same
Have a look at the forum here and what's been suggested on antivirals
I've done about 2 rounds so far of either virastop and lysine or virastop lysine and monolaurin and results have been brilliant / this weekend doing vitamin a protocol

Have a look here at how the virus cycle works and what vitastop does
http://www.enzymestuff.com/conditionviruses.htm

Remember you have different viruses and so you need different things to tackle each one
At the same time we be had fab results with goat kefir and Microsilica from quicksilver - latter grabbing metals and other toxins from the gut
Our boys need the natural route as much as possible so while doing antivirals also check diet is perfect with lots of juicing, good protein, kefir, no sugar or just xylitol etc

Good luck

sdelo3

Postby sdelo3 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:I've done about 2 rounds so far of either virastop and lysine or virastop lysine and monolaurin and results have been brilliant / this weekend doing vitamin a protocol

Thank you for the info, it's really helpful. What kind of results did you see?

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:07 am

Definitely better cognitively and at expressing language. Also fantastic at participating social events, games etc he actually was amazing at a school play in front of hundreds of parents which shocked us all
However i ll stress again nothing would work as good without goat kefir which keeps bacteria away... We had to tackle everything at the same time...

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:Definitely better cognitively and at expressing language. Also fantastic at participating social events, games etc he actually was amazing at a school play in front of hundreds of parents which shocked us all
However i ll stress again nothing would work as good without goat kefir which keeps bacteria away... We had to tackle everything at the same time...

Hi Nikkie, I just found this post today. Do you have a better experience on Virastop or Valtrex? I'm really want to try Valtrex on my son but he's yeast always in there. Our dr doesn't give him any antifungi prescription because it's noting shows on his stool text. I'm thinking to try virastop and OLE during this term and hope we can do valtrex during school holiday.

Many thanks, Jerry

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:52 pm

i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:Definitely better cognitively and at expressing language. Also fantastic at participating social events, games etc he actually was amazing at a school play in front of hundreds of parents which shocked us all

Hi Nikkie, I just found this post today. Do you have a better experience on Virastop or Valtrex? I'm really want to try Valtrex on my son but he's yeast always in there. Our dr doesn't give him any antifungi prescription because it's noting shows on his stool text. I'm thinking to try virastop and OLE during this term and hope we can do valtrex during school holiday.

Many thanks, Jerry

Valtrex definitely much better but may be cause I did quite a few rounds of virastop before hand, who knows...
Yeast got really really really bad with both of them but only last month it started to get better. The more you do it the better it gets , I think...
If I were to do it all over again (which I might have to cause of my 2yo) I'd start with valtrex solid for two months and then rotate every 3 weeks with natural strong Antivirals so that you attack the viruses altogether

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:24 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:

Many thanks, Jerry

Valtrex definitely much better but may be cause I did quite a few rounds of virastop before hand, who knows...
Yeast got really really really bad with both of them but only last month it started to get better. The more you do it the better it gets , I think...
If I were to do it all over again (which I might have to cause of my 2yo) I'd start with valtrex solid for two months and then rotate every 3 weeks with natural strong Antivirals so that you attack the viruses altogether

Thank you for your suggestion. May i ask which antifungi medicine do you use? We only use threelac for yeast control everyday. It's ok when noting happend but it doesn't work when we use Valtrex, i think threelac it's only for maintain level. We have OLE at home and will try it from this weekend. is there any other natural antivirals recommend from you? Thanks a lot!
Jerry

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:38 am

i-jerry wrote:Thank you for your suggestion. May i ask which antifungi medicine do you use? We only use threelac for yeast control everyday. It's ok when noting happend but it doesn't work when we use Valtrex, i think threelac it's only for maintain level. We have OLE at home and will try it from this weekend. is there any other natural antivirals recommend from you? Thanks a lot!
Jerry

Ak ok so you're already using valtrex? How long for? Did he actually regress on it?

I personally try not to used strong antifungals like diflucun except when things are exceptionally bad, as they really could be messing things up.... In the night just before bed I just give Yeast aid that's all. Threelac has strep doesn't it?
You might have to ride it out, we did have to do this at times, hopefully the more you use Antivirals the more the immune will start working assuming a virus stops spreading (but it's only my theory based on my kid and my research)

Wrt other Antivirals you can google Buhner protocol for Antivirals, he uses loads of herbs but they are very strong so you really just take it easy :wink:

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:Thank you for your suggestion. May i ask which antifungi medicine do you use? We only use threelac for yeast control everyday. It's ok when noting happend but it doesn't work when we use Valtrex, i think threelac it's only for maintain level. We have OLE at home and will try it from this weekend. is there any other natural antivirals recommend from you? Thanks a lot!
Jerry

Ak ok so you're already using valtrex? How long for? Did he actually regress on it?

I personally try not to used strong antifungals like diflucun except when things are exceptionally bad, as they really could be messing things up.... In the night just before bed I just give Yeast aid that's all. Threelac has strep doesn't it?
You might have to ride it out, we did have to do this at times, hopefully the more you use Antivirals the more the immune will start working assuming a virus stops spreading (but it's only my theory based on my kid and my research)

Wrt other Antivirals you can google Buhner protocol for Antivirals, he uses loads of herbs but they are very strong so you really just take it easy :wink:

I will have look on it. thanks a lot! We used valtrex on last Dec for only 4days and we stopped because of yeast issue. He had a lot of rash on his chest and shoulder which i know it's ok. But we couldn't control his yeast when we using valtrex. We did see some positive things when we stopped but we loose them after a week time. I think he will benefit from valtrex but we have to fight his yeast first. Do you use valtrex on 4days on and 3 days off?

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Oh wow having a rash is good!

We did it for around 50 days stopped for couple of weeks and now will be doing 3 weeks on,2 off. On this round I've seen an unbelievable amount of gains though so not sure I want to stop.... But he's on higher dose than normal, it just works for him

It's a shame to not do it cause of the yeast. It will never be under control while the immune is low so it's a catch 22...

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:13 am

Nikkie111 wrote:Oh wow having a rash is good!

We did it for around 50 days stopped for couple of weeks and now will be doing 3 weeks on,2 off. On this round I've seen an unbelievable amount of gains though so not sure I want to stop.... But he's on higher dose than normal, it just works for him

It's a shame to not do it cause of the yeast. It will never be under control while the immune is low so it's a catch 22...

Woo, so happy to see your child has huge gains. My son is 5yrs and 40 pounds. I gave he 1/4 per day * 3 times a week and a lot of rash around him. may i know how much do you give it to your son? I'll definitely try it again during school holiday. Have you try HBOT? I'm thinking to try it to control yeast but not sure does it work.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:42 am

i-jerry wrote:

Woo, so happy to see your child has huge gains. My son is 5yrs and 40 pounds. I gave he 1/4 per day * 3 times a week and a lot of rash around him. may i know how much do you give it to your son? I'll definitely try it again during school holiday. Have you try HBOT? I'm thinking to try it to control yeast but not sure does it work.

No I didn't try hbot I'm really focusing on Antivirals alone now
I give him about 1,750mg a day!!
So you only give 125mg a day? And he got that rash? He's either a really viral kid or something else going on?

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:47 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:

So you only give 125mg a day? And he got that rash? He's either a really viral kid or something else going on?

He had Men b injection and that is my fault. yes we give him only 125mg a day, and i think he is viral kid unfortunately. 1750 is a lot, do you give him 4 times a day? May i know how old does your son?

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:48 am

i-jerry wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
i-jerry wrote:

He had Men b injection and that is my fault. yes we give him only 125mg a day, and i think he is viral kid unfortunately. 1750 is a lot, do you give him 4 times a day? May i know how old does your son?

But he had mb12 injection 0.1 ml every other day when he use valtrex

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:33 am

Men B vaccine is not a virus so I wouldn't worry too much about it
He's 4,5 and we give 1750 mg collectively within a day!

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:59 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:Men B vaccine is not a virus so I wouldn't worry too much about it
He's 4,5 and we give 1750 mg collectively within a day!

Hi Nikkie, i don't know why i just see this post now. How is your sons doing recently? I just get virastop + candidase yesterday and not sure how much virastop shall i give it to him everyday. The suggestion on the bottle is 1 per day but not sure if is enough or not.
does ole helps your son? We are using quicksilver detox package( IMD, R-LA, Glutathione and co-factor) now and not sure if it ok to do valtrax at the same time, what do you think?
also my son still sufer bloating with limited diet, this is very difficult to deal with

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”