Help started head banging after nystatin medicine

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

winmom

Help started head banging after nystatin medicine

Postby winmom » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:22 am

Is it yeast due off symptom ? My son is non verbal and he wants
Me to pat his head. He also bangs his head against high chair during feeding

A bit older than two. Exposed to mold, tested with lead Mercury and tin in hair test. Not chewing his food severe apraxia

Just started biomed but current doctor provides following

Diatomaceous earth as binder
Liquid glutathione 1/4 tsp - going to add
Argentin 23 silver drop
Calcium 500 mg
Omega 3 Nordic gel 1000 mg about 3 pills
GABA
Digest spectrum 1 pill breakfast and digest gold 1/2 pill per lunch and dinner
Probiotics

I also give him
Vit e 400

His oat test shows low in zinc vit c and a and b2
In general his bit b is low.

Any recommendation of good b complex ?

Tried vb 12 oral and folic acid per doctor but he gets hyper and very tired by noon.

He is low tone a bit and very easily to fall

Can I give him l- carnitine or al carnotite without test?

He had so much blood test for Lyme cause I have Lyme
. He had significant biofilm in fry test but igenex Lyme test is negative.

Can any one recommend a good doctor who treats metal mold and Lyme ? I am based in dc area and willing to travel.

Has anybody tried mary megson? Any dan doctor close by?Any experience? I was told some will not chelate until four or five. Is there anyway we could do AC protocol at home with some help guidance?

My top worry is apraxia. His interaction improved a lot in past six months.

Thank so much and my current doctor is not Dan ; the Dan doctor here will only do nutrition and diet ,

jaumeb

Re: Help started head banging after nystatin medicine

Postby jaumeb » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:23 am

I am currently not using any drugs or supps and focusing on a good diet.

There are some foods that have antifungal properties and I experiment with those.

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Theoretically, Nystatin, by reducing yeast, encourages bacteria to grow. That is why it is often is given in combination with antibiotics like Flagyl. Bad bacteria like Clostridia will make a child moody and irritable according to one doctor. Are you giving Nystatin because of glutathione? I am not sure if taking oral glutathione is a good thing. Nobody does it because of poor absorption and yeast flair. There are nasal sprays and body creams, but even they don't work most of the time. Intravenous glutathione is the best way to get it, but quite traumatic for a child - I wouldn't do it because of that. My son becomes very irritable and bangs his head if I give him sulfur-containing supplements or drugs, such as Currcumin (Tumeric), ALA, DMSA, DMPS, etc. Glutathione is also based on sulfur. So, if your son is like mine, with high sensitivity to sulfur, then I bet your problems are coming from Glutathion.

I would not give argentin (silver drops) to anyone in the world. Silver doesn't belong in human body, it is a foreign metal that stays in the body forever. We never saw any calming from GABA. Other supplements seem OK. If your son is similar to mine, zinc and B6 may cause more aggression and banging.

For biofilm and yeast, you may try Virastop enzymes. They helped my son, but only temporary.

We had head banging starting at 2.5 years (from DMG) and had it for several years, got worse with chelation. Nothing really helped until we started HBOT. I wish we didn't do so many supplements - most of them is a waste time. Your son is banging his head because of frustration, he is trying to tell you about something he doesn't like. You need to see a psychiatrist and a neurologist. A psychiatrist can prescribe a med to reduce head banging. A neurologist can test EEG and discover abnormalities, that can be treated with meds, often the same meds that a psychiatrist prescribes for behaviors. Correcting EEG may result in language.

nonov

Postby nonov » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:55 pm

DC Biomed Practitioners: National Integrative Health Associates has three practioners that are biomed, a pediatrician, a naturopath, and an internist (or GP maybe) http://www.nihadc.com/ In DC. There are many more, this is just off the top of my head.
There's also Pamela Compart in Columbia, MD. We are going to see about getting in to see her sometime soon.
Right now, my 3 year old is also battling yeast and he is taking Nystatin. However, we are also doing some serious probiotics: L. reuteri, Cytoflora (more of a prebiotic) and Klaire Labs Therbiotic, which has inulin--stuff that feeds the good yeast, bacteria. So far, he's doing good, MUCH more social and not so stimmy. I also have him on Quecertin, which has been great for mast cell blocking of histamine/inhibiting inflammation from allergenic foods and airborn allergies. Also using some homeopathic remedies: Histaminium and Arnica. Allergies have been our nemesis the past few months. If he seems like he's in pain and therefore hitting his head due to that, maybe just try a dose of ibuprofen, that always seems to work for us. Good luck!

PS--epiphanyasd.blogspot.com is a great blog, has given suggestions for treatment that have helped us immensely. There's an article on why ibuprofen works so well for kids with ASD.

jaumeb

Postby jaumeb » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:36 am

I'm interested in the quercetin.

varen2

Postby varen2 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:14 am

Can I just say that my son used to bang his head when he was non-verbal. when he got his speech, and he would start rubbing his head against my legs, he would say his head is "boo-boo". Also, he had ear aches as I found out later.

Are you still taking Nystatin or did he start banging his head when you stopped it?
What is the dose of Nystatin?
My son is very sensitive to Nystatin and can only take half a dose at a time. If he takes a full dose, he gets a very aggressive reaction (on the floor crying and hitting everything). Lately, he would get a stomach ache from a high Nystatin dose. I have to give him Nystatin 7 times a day split into smaller doses.

Some foods can also give such reactions. Chicken, brown rice, egg whites in our experience.
My son had a similar reaction to Calcium supplement from Kirkman.

More likely you need to lower Nystatin dose and increase Nystatin dose gradually by 1/2 dose every 4-5 days. Sometimes even longer that 5 days.

andyseattle

Postby andyseattle » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:02 pm

I think, you better looking for a good enzyme.

lindseynicole010

Postby lindseynicole010 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:07 am

thanks

AspieGenes

Postby AspieGenes » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:17 pm

winmom wrote:Is it yeast due off symptom ?

His oat test shows low in zinc vit c and a and b2
In general his bit b is low.

Any recommendation of good b complex ?

Tried vb 12 oral and folic acid per doctor but he gets hyper and very tired by noon.

Yeast die off is a myth.

Curious, why your are not trying high dose riboflavin 5 phosphate since he was shown to be low in B2? This might help lower serotonin and possibly help with the head banging.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:30 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:Theoretically, Nystatin, by reducing yeast, encourages bacteria to grow. That is why it is often is given in combination with antibiotics like Flagyl. Bad bacteria like Clostridia will make a child moody and irritable according to one doctor. Are you giving Nystatin because of glutathione? I am not sure if taking oral glutathione is a good thing. Nobody does it because of poor absorption and yeast flair. There are nasal sprays and body creams, but even they don't work most of the time. Intravenous glutathione is the best way to get it, but quite traumatic for a child - I wouldn't do it because of that. My son becomes very irritable and bangs his head if I give him sulfur-containing supplements or drugs, such as Currcumin (Tumeric), ALA, DMSA, DMPS, etc. Glutathione is also based on sulfur. So, if your son is like mine, with high sensitivity to sulfur, then I bet your problems are coming from Glutathion.

I would not give argentin (silver drops) to anyone in the world. Silver doesn't belong in human body, it is a foreign metal that stays in the body forever. We never saw any calming from GABA. Other supplements seem OK. If your son is similar to mine, zinc and B6 may cause more aggression and banging.

For biofilm and yeast, you may try Virastop enzymes. They helped my son, but only temporary.

We had head banging starting at 2.5 years (from DMG) and had it for several years, got worse with chelation. Nothing really helped until we started HBOT. I wish we didn't do so many supplements - most of them is a waste time. Your son is banging his head because of frustration, he is trying to tell you about something he doesn't like. You need to see a psychiatrist and a neurologist. A psychiatrist can prescribe a med to reduce head banging. A neurologist can test EEG and discover abnormalities, that can be treated with meds, often the same meds that a psychiatrist prescribes for behaviors. Correcting EEG may result in language.

Hi Fatherof 2,

we are currently looking for a place could accept younger child (5 and 3 month) to do the HBOT in London. The only one we found they only offer 1.1 ata to children in 60 minnutes. However, i read online and most of people use 1.3-1.5 ata for their child. May i ask is it worth to do with 1.1 ata( actually is 16 pound per sq inch)?

many thanks,
Jerry

FatherOf2

Postby FatherOf2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:18 pm

I would recommend 1.5 atmospheres to avoid double guessing why it didn't work. We used the chamber that was filled with oxygen. So not only he breathed it, but also his skin absorbed it. The cost is prohibitIive for most families. We paid $220 per dive.

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:10 pm

FatherOf2 wrote:I would recommend 1.5 atmospheres to avoid double guessing why it didn't work. We used the chamber that was filled with oxygen. So not only he breathed it, but also his skin absorbed it. The cost is prohibitIive for most families. We paid $220 per dive.

Hi Fatherof2,

many thanks for your reply.I'll keep looking for it.

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:39 pm

Firstly I would never ever recommend giving nystatin or any other yeast-killing drug to a child.
I wouldnt recommend calcium or glutathione supps either !
Never give silver !
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

i-jerry

Postby i-jerry » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:39 am

williams_dad wrote:Firstly I would never ever recommend giving nystatin or any other yeast-killing drug to a child.
I wouldnt recommend calcium or glutathione supps either !
Never give silver !

Hi williams dad,

may i ask which glutathione supplement are you recommend? many thanks
Jerry

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:26 pm

i-jerry wrote:Hi williams dad,

may i ask which glutathione supplement are you recommend? many thanks
Jerry

NONE, none at all
for a start, digestion will simply break it down into its 3 parts
a good source of uncooked protein like whey is better and cheaper

secondly I read in a text book ( not online ) many years ago
that glutathione isnt even transported around the body as one piece
it is assembled, dis-assembled, transported to wherever its needed, reassembled onsite, and used there
its a very complex situation
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

TamiW

Postby TamiW » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:37 am

winmom wrote:Is it yeast due off symptom ? My son is non verbal and he wants
Me to pat his head. He also bangs his head against high chair during feeding

Sounds like he has a headache. As yeast dies, toxic byproducts are released and the elimination organs have to filter this out. If the bowels aren't moving daily or the liver and kidneys are inefficient, we can experience symptoms. Maybe try a few capsules of activated charcoal 2 hours after his dose to see if he feels better. Of course you want to insure his bowels continue to move daily as charcoal can slow down the bowels. Calcium/Magnesium liquid for me and my kids always helps to stop headaches/migraines too. Another great thing is pines barley grass. You can mix pines barley grass in juice or smoothies. It has a pretty good taste. Hope something here helps and your sweet boy feels better soon!
Tami

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”