anxiety

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

KimRay

anxiety

Postby KimRay » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:37 pm

Hi everyone,
I have a 10 year old son on the spectrum we live in a bi level house if Im not upsstairs where he is he will come down stairs every 5 min to check and see if Im still here and he will say just checking on you but really fro some reason he is nervous and scared that I might leave. Even if I am on the same level as him he will still do the same thing nothing has changed adn he jsut gets worse he takes for ever to go to s;eep at night like hes going to miss out on something wakes very early and most every night still soaks a pull up
any ideas on maybe what supplement or what would help with this its crippling him and I both. I do give him melatonin at night sometimes
thanks,
kim

gdv2500

Postby gdv2500 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:45 am

Zinc, GABA, and Methylcobalamin (B12) all helped my son. We still have anxiety issues as well, but GABA especially makes it better.
Gary - Cameron's Dad

Jonathan's Mom

Postby Jonathan's Mom » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:42 am

I give my son GABA for his anxiety which seems to help. Also 5 HTP works for some kids although I've never tried it on my son.
Jonathan's Mom

mom from mass

Postby mom from mass » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:31 pm

Kim my child would do the same. Our children spend most of there time with us and it's not easy for them to detache them self from us. As they get older they learn how to deal with it better. it's part of the autism spect...

This does not mean that it will go away, they just find a way to ajust and learn how to manage there anxietys. Is not the end of the world believe me, it looks hard for you to see him act this way but believe me when i say It will get better, & he will be o.k.

Even today as my child is much older than most of the children here at this forum he loves to go to school but does not like to stay wth dad when he know i am going to the shopping, Nanas or for that matter any place. He just want's to go with me. At times is very funny to me cause dad get's sad sometimes and put on a sad puppy face cause he just does not want to stay home with him. I find it quite funny when Dad tells me why won't he stay. it's the weekend & i want to spent time with him. If i'm home no problem, but as soon as he sees me put on my clothing to go out he know & he goes running to his room & starts to get his shoes, pants ,socks, shirt, ect. He usually put most of his clothing on backwards, but to evans he is all ready to go out, backward clothing and all. LOL.

As the other Ladies have told you all of the supp & vit they have given there children have also work for my child. They have given you good advice. Start him on some of these supplements and see if you see any difference in him. I think you will. start him slowly and monitor him to see if you notice the difference in his actions, specialy with GABA some children may have a very good reaction to it, but some children will have just the opposite reaction, they will become more aggresive & hyper this is why you should to keep track & give in small dose and ramp it up very slowly. He may just be find my child did very well from the very first dose, no problems but as much as they all have many of the same symtems they also may have different reactions to vit, supp, ect... Good Luck & may God bless you both.

Kimray

anxiety

Postby Kimray » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:49 pm

Thank you for all your advice everyone I will try some of the things mentioned thanks again 8)

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”